Seriously, how to pick up girls

chai2

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 01:18 pm
I mean, you can see how well it work right here....

Why does anyone even bother to ask or give advice?

Do you want to go for coffee sometime?

roger

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 02:39 pm
@chai2,
Where is Slappy when we need him?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 02:52 pm
The best chatup lines are something like- "Fancy a Nile cruise?"
"Fancy coming to Venice on the Orient Express?"
"Fancy a photo-safari in Kruger national park?"
"Wanna climb Ayers Rock?"
"You've got a nice neck, shall we go shopping for a diamond necklace?"
And so on..Smile
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 02:57 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
Why does anyone even bother to ask or give advice?
It surprizes me that anyone wud ask such questions
as "Am I In Love ?"

I dont even know if someone else is hungry or not.

How can thay expect us to see more deeply, and with better accuracy,
into their minds than thay, themselves do ?

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 03:00 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

The best chatup lines are something like- "Fancy a Nile cruise?"
"Fancy coming to Venice on the Orient Express?"
"Fancy a photo-safari in Kruger national park?"
"Wanna climb Ayers Rock?"
"You've got a nice neck, shall we go shopping for a diamond necklace?"
And so on..Smile
Is Ayer's Rock sufficiently fancy ?

Did u offer to buy her diamonds???? Can that get pricey ?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 05:12 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I dunno, that guy buttermilk seems to think he can tell what's in someones mind.
0 Replies

axpert

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 02:19 am
@chai2,
I quickly perused the video but i do have one small tip. Girls will almost always say no or reject your first advances. If they are smiling or even smirking after you first advance you still have a chance. If you get the kiss of death response ( i have a boyfriend and or married) i recommend backing off in most cases. Back off and move on after the 3rd rejection of a advance. Common sense (refer to 2nd sentence) if she seems irritated in any way move on in most cases.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 03:15 am
A guy in this vid comes across a crying girl so he asks "Why are you crying sweetheart?".
So far so good, but then he blows it by asking for a kiss, the dumb schmuck, so she walks off!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cc9_1399177551
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 03:59 am
One should squat down, keeping one's shoulders and hips aligned, and lift using the muscles of the thighs--to avoid back strain or even serious injury.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 08:29 am
@axpert,
axpert wrote:

I quickly perused the video but i do have one small tip. Girls will almost always say no or reject your first advances. If they are smiling or even smirking after you first advance you still have a chance. If you get the kiss of death response ( i have a boyfriend and or married) i recommend backing off in most cases. Back off and move on after the 3rd rejection of a advance. Common sense (refer to 2nd sentence) if she seems irritated in any way move on in most cases.

Surely you don't think I was serious with this.
chai2

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 08:40 am
@chai2,
On a serious note though, it doesn't surprise me at all that all the women rejected the "pick up artist" who used their very own suggestions on them.

On paper, or in their minds, I guess these trite lines like "you're gorgeous" or "want to go out for coffee" sound very romantic.

In the cold light of day, this is in fact a complete stranger falling out of the clear blue sky.

Thinking back on how all my first dates with a man was initiated, it was almost never by someone handing me a line, or even asking me out upon our first meeting.

Usually it was because we kept seeing each other in the same place, had brief conversations, increasing in length, 3, 4 or 5 times, and we both actually knew quite a bit about each other by the time the first date occured.

One occassion that pops to mind where I did accept a date upon first meeting, it turned out to be a nightmare.

Stop being in such a rush, the fun is taking the journey.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 08:52 am
The problem lies in believing that there is any such thing as a "pick-up line." It all eventually leads back to a belief that it is possible to nit all the high notes and get laid. People who genuinely want a stable, satisfying relationship are going to do exactly what you say--they're going to get to know one another first, before any expansion in to spending exclusive time with one another. That's as important for men as for women. There's no secret tricks, no magic plan.
chai2

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 08:58 am
@Setanta,
Well here we are Set, the relationship experts.

Wanna go get a slurpee?

If you're hungry, they're having a special of a 2 piece dark for a dollar at Popeyes. We could split it.
Setanta

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 09:03 am
@chai2,
Uhm . . . maybe i should ask The Girl first . . .
chai2

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 09:13 am
@Setanta,
Oh I see. Using the old "I've got a gf routine"

Well um....I've got a husband, so there. See if I care
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 10:03 am
chai, querida, This thread reminds me of one of my "make me smile" memories from my youth.

I was on the subway platform waiting for a train. (The chances of my responding positively to a pick-up line on a subway platform were zero.) The picker-upper approached and said something designed to intrigue. I ignored him and walked away. (Note to guys: This nonresponsive response does not bode well for your success.) He casually followed and said something else. I ignored him and walked away. He again followed me. (Now I was getting scared. Something you guys might not expect to happen. It did and it does.) When he said something for the third time, I decided to respond. Although this was many years ago, I remember exactly what I said, "Beat it, buster, or you'll end up on the tracks."

He left me alone. Smile
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 11:48 am
Quote:
Roberta said: I ignored him and walked away

Why, did he look creepy or something?
He might have been a lonely millionnaire for all you know..Wink
chai2

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 11:58 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
or you.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 12:08 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Roberta said: I ignored him and walked away

Why, did he look creepy or something?
He might have been a lonely millionnaire for all you know..Wink

Looking creepy isn't much of an issue. Although it doesn't help.

Being rich also isn't an issue on a subway platform. My safety and well-being are the issue.

And chai's right. It coulda been you. (Runs screaming off into the night.)
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 12:08 pm
Ladies, ladies, you haven't lived until you've been in the arms of a caring loving guy and heard him whisper how beautiful and precious you are to him, or made love with him while Beethoven's 'Moonlight Sonata' plays softly in the background, conjuring up images of moonbeams slanting down through the treetops to dapple the forest floor, transforming the bedroom into a woodcutters hut deep in an enchanted forest?..Smile

0 Replies