One Thing I've Noticed

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 12:42 pm
What's going on and where are all the white women at?.

Hasta la vista Vanilla.

0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 02:03 pm
@Setanta,
I didn't say that you put an excrement-laden insult into every post. But you add such in about 90 percent of them.

I am not a racist. However, I despise people who sucker punch all types of people (especially those who are white). I am sure that you are hiding in your Mom's basement, so you would never be a victim.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 02:59 pm
@Ticomaya,
but isn't it true that only Cracker Ass Honkies can be racist?

i'm sure Al Sharpton said so at some point in his career
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 03:13 pm
I haven't seen any real proof that the Punch Game is a black on white thing. Plus, it is not something that happens that often.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 03:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/vdi2BhrxOtSZp.RX0pz3.A--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTE5NTtweW9mZj0wO3E9NzU7dz02MDA-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ucomics.com/nq140517.gif

I just saw that cartoon in the Saturday copy of the Washington Post. That particular cartoonist is a gem. It makes me happy to know that there is at least one other adult in the world who checks out the comic page.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 03:34 pm
@glitterbag,
I have been a comics addict from early childhood. djjd likes comics, too.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 03:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
Me too, I remember my Dad picking up the paper Sunday mornings and handing me the Comic pages. I'd spread it on the floor and read all of them twice. My parents read the comics after I did, they liked to laugh. I was the only kid in my neighborhood who had a subscription to Mad Magazine. I have a raggedy collection of cartoons printed during the Watergate Scandal, one of my few prized possessions.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 03:46 pm
@glitterbag,
I loved Mad Comics and still recall when it went to a Magazine format. I preferred the former, but it was all good. The election edition, 1960, had Kennedy's face on one cover and Nixon's on the other. Both bore the caption, "Congratulations! We were with you all the way."
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 04:00 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
I am not a member of any "ideologically, racially, or religiously" homogeneous group which finds racism such as PR and Advocate indulge in to be disgusting.

I don't think ideologies are as limited as the duality we service in the US - I think you and the rest of the members who are pro-banning are linked ideologically. It's not an insult by any means, but impossible to deny. The mere fact that you all agree on this issue links you ideologically.

Quote:
see David arguing against her--he's certainly no liberal

I have no idea why you imagine that only liberals are bothered by racism, or nazism. You say later in your response that *I* put us in boxes. I definitely don't, but it appears you have.

Quote:
Blacks, whites, Hispanics, Asians--both south Asians and East Asians--all condemn racism. I have no religious affiliation at all, but many religiously devoted people publicly deplore racism, and many of them were very active in the civil rights movement of the 1960s. You must inhabit a very narrow, constrained world if this is really your view.

I think you must have misunderstood what I wrote.
I said:
Quote:
To me, ideologically, racially, or religiously homogeneous groups that pick and choose what words or opinions are acceptable and not - and erase from view disapproved opinions is ugly and frightening to me.
The KKK is an example of a religiously homogeneous group... However, if the duly elected spokespeople from the blacks, the Asians (south and East), etc have sent you documentation of their collective condemnation of racism, I shall stand down immediately. In the absence of that, the most damaging groups that try to force others to subscribe to their beliefs are grouped by race, religion, or ideology. Your quote above seems like a really wide swipe at a tortured attempt to completely obfuscate my words.

As tired as you are of reiterating the meaning of free speech borders on how tired I am explaining I am talking about THIS place, which is why I brought your own opinion of speech HERE AT A2K in a previous post.

Craven owns the site and can do as he pleases. Most political message boards operate under sever constraints on language, personal attack, etc. I feel that this is one of the free-est sites I've found online, and I'm thankful for it. I know he doesn't owe it to me. Neither does he owe you and the pro-banning faction a change in the rules.

He asked us what we thought about it. On the Should We Ban thread, almost everyone voiced their preference to keep the site as free as possible while meeting legal standards. You did too.

Do you remember what you were choosing free speech for? For a guy who told a woman she should have pretended to enjoy sex with a man she considered to be raping her - if she really wanted it to end quicker. That being so - and reading your affirmative response then - and seeing your negative response now - I'm left to think that rape isn't all that big a deal to you.*

THIS is my argument. Why did you approve open speech then under those circumstances - and retract it now?

Why is racism worse than rape?

So, ban PR.

Then, the rape-haters will demand equal treatment with the racism-haters - and the definition of rape and racism will be manipulated to please everybody, meanwhile arguments about banning people who are talking about it (because they use insensitive jargon in their deliberations, according to at least SOMEbody) - words will be stricken from use. Of course, there's no way in hell Jes and Craven will be able to keep up with the bannings and whinings and bullshit, and the last little vestige of this once lovely spot of open discourse will wither under self-righteous high dudgeon of a bunch of people who start chipping away at the place with the same opinion, but then what about cruelty to animals? And, they break into smaller factions... I don't want to promote talk of circuses or aquariums! Or meat! Or movies that promote violence against women...against blacks...against Muslims...

*I give you the credit that I didn't get from you. I'm sure your intent wasn't to approve rape, though if I was an asshole and didn't like you, it would seem like a fair response to how you've slimed my intent on these last couple of pages. In the very least, give me credit that I come by my opinion honestly.

Setanta

Reply Mon 19 May, 2014 02:52 am
@Lash,
You're the one who is claiming some ideological homogeneity for those opposed to PR's racist spew. Now you want to define terms so that you can make your argument. I'm not going to play that game with you. I wonder if you could provide us links to your posts in PR's threads in which you take her to task for her racism.

Robert Gentel does not own the site. He is one owner, not the sole owner.

You have a very selective view of my opinions. I am objecting to the constant drum beat of PR's racism. Once again, can you link us to post in which you take her to task, in her own threads, for her attitudes? That's what you have claimed should be done. That we should tolerate her "untoward opinion," and then argue against it. I have pointed out that this is not just a case of an untoward opinion, but a constant assault of racist hatred. When Whackeye first showed up her with his "pro-rape" arguments, i constantly took him to task for his claims about the "sexual freedom" of 14 year olds and his false claims about age on consent laws. I didn't see you in there swinging, you big phony. Drop the phony stance of moral superiority, because it is just that--it is phony. You're certainly no crusader against either rape or the kind of racist hatred PR represents. Once again, you are trying to claim some virtuous, moral high ground, for which i see no evidence. Get off my back, you hypocrite. It's not your opinion which disgusts me, it's this phony veneer of virtue, which you don't live up to.
Setanta

Reply Mon 19 May, 2014 03:06 am
I went about a third of the way through that thread, which runs to 56 pages. I see no post in which i advise people to "enjoy rape." I saw one in which OCCOMBill said he had raped and been raped and advised people to enjoy. If you're going to make such a vile accusation, i want you to link the post in which you claim i made such a statement. Of course, that's likely to show up about as soon as the evidence that you confront PR on her racism.

Once again, this is not about "untoward opinions," is about a constant spewing of racist hatred at this site.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 19 May, 2014 03:12 am
@Setanta,
Damn, that is the exact same argument as IdiotBill's, that your attempt to police this space by silencing ideas depending upon where they fall on your morality filter is a virtuous act. You are one deluded fella. The virtuous act would be to do nothing, to let everyone speak their piece and then to let everyone make up their own minds.
Setanta

Reply Mon 19 May, 2014 03:44 am
@hawkeye10,
In fact, in your case, i never tried to "silence [your] ideas"--i just ridiculed you for them, and pointed out your profound ignorance of statutory rape laws. You, like Lash, apparently cannot distinguish between the expression of "untoward opinions" and the constant drumbeat of racism, day in and day out, for years on end. That's the context of this discussion, which i doubt you ever understood, and which Lash has apparently forgotten. As for deluded, that's hilarious coming from you. You always suffer from the delusion that you know what you're talking about, but the evidence for that just isn't there. Tell us all about the Ukraine again.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 19 May, 2014 05:59 am
@Buttermilk,
Buttermilk wrote:
In other words since she is attacking blacks its no use telling her she's wrong. You're a typical white person. By typical I mean willfully uninformed. Idle, lazy for a just cause. I'm sick of some white folks using the argument

"Well I just ignore it...."

That is all you ******* do!

You didn't even know about the Tuskegee experiment!

How can I depend on you to understand black experience?
Just out of curiosity,
what has moven u think that ANYONE "understand black experience"?

Did anyone claim to "understand" it??

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 19 May, 2014 06:02 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Well, you can ask anyone here - I'm already at the bottom rung of the respecto-meter
From that notion, I respectfully dissent.

David
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Mon 19 May, 2014 06:38 am
@ossobuco,
Why does them wanting them banned bother you?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 19 May, 2014 06:52 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
I went about a third of the way through that thread, which runs to 56 pages.
I see no post in which i advise people to "enjoy rape." I saw one in which OCCOMBill said
he had raped and been raped and advised people to enjoy.
That 's hard to believe.
I remember him taking an intense anti-sexual point of vu.
( I certainly did not read everything that he posted.)

Setanta wrote:
If you're going to make such a vile accusation,
i want you to link the post in which you claim i made such a statement.
Will u do the same concerning your accusation
in reference to OCCOMBill ?

Setanta wrote:
Of course, that's likely to show up about as soon as
the evidence that you confront PR on her racism.

Once again, this is not about "untoward opinions,"
is about a constant spewing of racist hatred at this site.
Her perpetrators seemed hateable.
Maybe u disagree about that.

If u raise the argument that it is not worth the effort
to hate, I will accept that argument.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 19 May, 2014 06:58 am
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Advocate wrote:
BTW, I have not seen posters claiming that Pamela, or other posters,
have a free-speech right to post. That is just another strawman set up by you and Setanta.
Setanta wrote:
You are such a f*cking idiot (leaving aside your virulent racism).
The entire conversation in which Tico and i have been engaged
was sparked by precisely the claim that PR would be denied her
free speech rights if she were banned, and one member specifically
stated that it would be an uglier world if that were to happen.

It's an uglier world because hateful racists like you and PR are in it.
For my part, I find the authoritarian-collectivism that u spout
to be most ugly, loathsome and abhorrent, but I do not call upon
the forum to stifle, to ostracize, nor to censor u.

I exhort that nazis, commies, Setanta and Pamela Rosa shud all
be allowed the opportunity to express themselves freely,
regardless of the fact that no one has the right to post
IF un-welcome on a private website.

(Let us note, incidentally, that the Advocate has shown no evidence of sexual activity,
nor of mental impairment, Setanta 's allegations to the contrary notwithstanding.)

David
This post is a re-iteration.
I fear that Mr. Setanta failed to SEE my sarcasm the first time.

David
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Mon 19 May, 2014 07:01 am
@Ticomaya,
No. It wasn't. The level headed "white folks" (which I included you in that category assuming you are white) are those whose views transcend above skin pigmentation. But look, if my post offended you and everyone else I apologize but the main thing my friends, white, black, hispanic, martian, immigrant, illegal immigrant, respect about me is my honesty. Sometimes people reflect the ugliness they admonish.

Like I've told my friends at school, I've been stereotyped my whole life. I've had white folks tell me only way I got into college was affirmative action. I actually pulled an Obama and purchased official transcripts to show them. I had to explain why "Black people beat up Reginald Denny" on Florence and Normandie during the L.A riots. Why we (blacks) get offended when the word "nigga" is used in rap lyrics but whites can't call us "niggers" (As if rap artists use nigger in rap lyrics lol)

So I had to answer for a lot of things that had to do nothing with me so I again I apologize but I'm keeping it real. People like Advocate, Lash, David, Pamela are the same types (categorized as typical white people) that smile in my face all day but use the internet to vent their ignorance and racist views.

Like I told someone here, I've never been to a discussion board where black people weren't stereotyped, attacked or negatively chastised. So for my third apology, I apologize for mimicking the same ugliness I admonish.
Buttermilk

Reply Mon 19 May, 2014 07:04 am
@Setanta,
All I gotta say is DAMN very well said. I hope I don't piss you off
0 Replies