One Thing I've Noticed

Lash

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 05:53 pm
@Buttermilk,
Quote:
People forget there are right and wrong views people have about the world.

Who gets to decide?
jcboy

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 05:56 pm
Honestly I really don’t care what people are allowed to post on here. That being said the ignore feature isn’t enough, they can still see what you post, quote you and still send you PM’s. I’ve grown tired and bored with.
Lash

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 05:58 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
but in our increasingly repressive, bullied and vindictive society any place that allows free speech is a very unusual and useful place. Robert has sacrificed traffic by allowing an unusual degree of free speech, and perhaps he should good a good humanitarian award for doing so.

Vehement agreement. This is a sanctuary of openness. I've checked out many other politically-oriented websites, and they edit, delete, censor, ...always on the whim of the political leanings of those with power. That may mean nothing to some, but it's chilling to me. We are incredibly fortunate that people may speak pretty freely here. I feel very blessed that we can express ourselves openly - and respond to everything as we wish. It's a rare freedom online, it seems.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 05:59 pm
@Buttermilk,
Lovely!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 06:01 pm
@Lash,
not me, mores the pity

i'd institute the Queen of Hearts rules

http://rogerbourland.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/alice_queen_of_hearts.jpg

"Off with their heads"

Lash

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 06:03 pm
@djjd62,
But, deej. Who will stand up for you when they decide your views are unacceptable?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 06:08 pm
@Lash,
Buttermilk wrote:
People forget there are right and wrong views people have about the world.
Lash wrote:
Who gets to decide?
(In his own mind,) the guy who is complaining.

David
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 06:09 pm
@Lash,
i always kind of assumed most people found my views unacceptable in the first place

i know i do
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 06:14 pm
@djjd62,
WHOSE heads do u wish to remove ?
Lash

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 06:17 pm
@jcboy,
I do think you should be free of receiving PMs from people you don't want to hear from. I was getting abusive PMs years ago, reported it, and mgmt took care of it for me. Have you tried that?
jcboy

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 06:43 pm
@Lash,
I tried that. Then I asked if I could have my account deleted, I was told they don’t delete accounts but they could change my username, so I gave him a new user name “unregistered” he said you can’t use that one. Oh well, hmmm
Lash

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 06:59 pm
@jcboy,
I'm really sorry. That sucks. I guess blocking PM users for members must be one of the features Craven had to bump along the way to save money.

My only other idea is to publicly post their BS, or just - hey- tell me the name - and I promise I will be one member who will hound that bastard every chance I get.

I've been looking for an outlet for frustration Wink
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 07:04 pm
@Advocate,
Are you kidding?
Is this a joke?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 07:19 pm
@jcboy,
I take that as true - you or I ignore and vilification goes on. Big problem.

Recently I'm blamed for not blasting a person I've had on ignore for a long time. (oh, hi, buttermilk, I ignore bill; we differ largely, but now I get to be a racist for not slamming while you were reading.)

Meantime, buttermilk has been assailing, taking whites here en masse, except for some named, as baddies, lotsa digs.

Jc, there is talk of change re how it all works. Hang in.
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 07:50 pm
I refuse to respond to stupid responses. If there are no universally wrong feelings why debate on a board? Seriously
Lash

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 08:15 pm
@Buttermilk,
It may be easy to categorize rape and baby diddling as wrong - but then we delve into additional, murkier topics. When any of us feels comfortable shutting down some dialogue - and we can find a mob to agree, we get into dangerous territory.

Not long ago, a rather large group believed Jews were vermin and a drag on society. Not long ago, the majority in the US believed blacks and women were too inferior to have a vote. Right now, the majority is shifting on whether or not people who happen to be gay have the right to marry who they love. Not long ago, they couldn't adopt children or teach school.

I do not yield to the majority.

I think *I* know what is right.

So did they.

That's my explanation of why I ignore rather than shut down Pamela and others.

I think I'm right about what they're saying too - but I stop short of silencing their voices. No one should be silenced. They must be as free as me to speak. Their equality to me should be protected. When groups dominate and make decisions for others - I want to fight. Even if I agree with the opinions of those dominant groups. Let no one force a group into a dark, frightening corner.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 08:20 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
It may be easy to categorize rape and baby diddling as wrong - but then we delve into additional, murkier topics

Rape has gotten murky as well, as we vastly expanded the definition of rape.

Quote:
. No one should be silenced.
Almost true, the criminally insane should be put behind closed doors, for their safety and for ours.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 08:30 pm
@Buttermilk,
If there are not universally wrong feelings, why debate?

What?
Takes can be wrong..

Well, for one thing, you took me as an enabler for not slamming bill --- but I don't even read him. I get not to do that, as I don't like to argue daily for years.
I explained a bunch of posts back on the Sterling thread, about the ignore system.

I'm not stupid. Have oft been wrong.

Advocate

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 08:38 pm
@Buttermilk,
Buttermilk wrote:

Knockout game been around since the 90's blacks knock each other out all the time in Cali. Although its a cowardly game, its the same stuff like Smacking an unsuspecting person.

The knockout game has gotten very big, with the attacks often posted on the net. Moreover, the victims are often the elderly, women, and children. Often, there is permanent damage to the victims. You should not diminish this serious crime, which is often called "polar bear hunting.)
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 08:46 pm
@Buttermilk,
Buttermilk wrote:
I've had the fortune of dating women of different ethnic backgrounds
and I will say that despite my views on feminism, we men are lucky to have women.
To a limited extent, I have also.

Buttermilk wrote:
I believe women are the most precious thing that exist on this Earth.
I believe, this is what I've learned in dating women of other cultures.

Any man who witholds himself from dating others outside his "race"
is doing himself a disservice.
Do u deny the right of a man
to do himself a disservice???
Do I have the right to shorten my life by smoking cigarettes???
I am confident that I have that right. (Note that I maintain that the
jurisdictional foundation of the War on Drugs is a hoax.)

Buttermilk wrote:
There are so many women of different cultures
that offer so much.....I am the least religious but I believe I see GOD
on the faces of different people of different cultures.
I acknowledge that u believe what u said.
For my part, I seldom engage in religious discussions.

David