An Open Letter to A2K Members

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 08:07 am
I have been here since November of 2002. It is my home, for good or ill. In the course of my stay here I have had my ups and downs, but I never seriously plan to leave. I have put a number of you on ignore, generally to avoid compounding bad experiences. Today, I plan to un ignore en masse, but one at a time, as I encounter your posts. I ask a truce, but offer no surrender, as our differences will likely be there still. Got to put out the garbage right now. How fitting. Will be off line for a little bit.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 12 • Views: 4,827 • Replies: 67

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 09:04 am
http://assets.amuniversal.com/58b8b31003af01346096005056a9545d
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 08:25 pm
Sad part is you're a civil person. But not necessarily are those you have ignored. I'm keeping my hides hidden. And I hope they ignore me, too.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 08:27 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Robert Gentel has inspired me to be more open. I may regret it.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 08:32 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Me too.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 08:40 pm
As someone important once said; "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer." Or something along those lines.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 09:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
I have always enjoyed your posts over the years, and having met you in person just confirmed for me you're one of the good guys on a2k that never disappoints me. I may have disappointed many of my "friends" on a2k, and some have stuck around. They tell me I'm different in person. How would I know?
Hope to read your posts long into the future. Maybe, the next time we visit our son in Austin, we can meet again in Houston.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 09:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
CI
In person or on a2k, you will always be one of my favorite people.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 09:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
Thank you. Appreciate it.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 09:19 pm
Hah! The few people I have on ignore are no longer on a2k - I had no idea they disappeared since I don't read them anyway.
Edgar, let's see how tolerant you will be in a few weeks/months and still
have no ignores on your list.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 09:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
You are one of my favorite people too, though we have disagreed slightly on things for years. I remember thinking, and also saying, hey, just check what EB says. Not anymore, but I don't dislike you.

You have sounded highly bitter to me lately. I get bitter, but I took it that the roast has been burning from you. You insulted a bunch of us at once on what turned out to be a joke thread that we didn't get, as all stupid.

We all have fault lines, and certainly I do. La stupida.

I have still posted you up sometimes, but I figure you are inured re thumbs.

Anyway, I hope we can still talk.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 09:34 pm
@ossobuco,
I am said to be bitter because people are telling themselves I am bitter, on the political threads. A lot of it is attacking the messenger, if the message riles. I am not so bitter. Just honest and hard headed enough to fight for humanity. I am still doing and saying what I did when I marched for civil rights and against the Vietnam War. People have been lured away from idealism. It is not me that has changed a bit.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 09:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
That's nice. We have similar opinions on a lot of that. Remember, I started out pro Bernie.
I am not calling you as said to be bitter, I mean you sound bitter. You can listen to my view or not.
chai2

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 09:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
People just love to tell you that you're bitter, unhappy, etc etc because you speak your mind, don't they?

It must be great to be one of those people who able to get inside a person and know exactly who they are, huh?

I've never seen you as bitter or unhappy, just frustrated at times.
Builder

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 09:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Just honest and hard headed enough to fight for humanity.

You've got my vote, Edgar.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 09:44 pm
@ossobuco,
Why people can't respect somebody with different political leanings is just stupid.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 09:46 pm
@chai2,
Frustrated only lasts a short time, mostly.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 09:49 pm
@Builder,
I could see today coming in the late 60s. But I was not smart enough, certainly not teacher or leader material, to help change anything. Now I am old, all I have is my keyboard.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 09:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
I have long time respected your opinions. I have occasionally disagreed, but also helped you re tags. I still respect your political leanings as I always have.

You are the one who seems not to have any air at all for anyone disagreeing with you. Also, I am three years older than you, so don't toss age.
NSFW (view)