LIVE from NYC- Jack and Jill Falcon have 3 Chicks!

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 12:50 pm
See them here:

http://www.55water.com/falcons/index.html

Click on the webcam link for three views..... Smile

Joe
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,938 • Replies: 62
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 01:14 pm
Very COOL, Joe . . . they have a few nesting pairs in Columbus, as well, and i think there's a web cam for that, but i don't have the link any longer.

Thanks for the pix and the links, Boss . . .
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 01:17 pm
Thanks Joe!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 02:20 pm
Little ditty, about Jack and Diane
2 Peregrine Falcons growin old on the 14th floor landin'...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 09:21 pm
HAHAHAHAHA! Confused Confused Confused Shocked Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

I will have to try the webcam again TOMORROW...when the SUN is up! (How stupid was THAT?! It is very late...okay, I am going to bed now.)
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 09:35 pm
Great I love to watch a couple of years ago I watched as two baby eagles hatched and the parnets feed them and taught them how to fly and one day I came home and the babes were gone.

But is spring and now I can watch the falcons thank you Joe.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 05:50 am
Little birdies roosting in the rain today. Sad
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 05:56 am
Btw: I am corrected, it's Jack and Jill. Diane's been retired.

Joe
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 01:24 pm
I enjoyed watching the brood. Thanks, Joe.

Several years ago I remember reading the certain hotels in Atlantic City had put signs in the higher (and more expensive) rooms congratulating their guests on the possiblity of being able to see a rare perigrine falcon dismembering a pigeon on the windowsill right outside the hermatically sealed window.

Wingless High Fliers stopped complaining about the gory spectacle and started requesting rooms where the falcons appeared regularly.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 04:04 pm
They are adorable and lovely - glad you gave us the link Joe.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 10:51 pm
Okay, now you've gotten me addicted to watching the furry little critters. I checked in on them about five times today. One time I watched as the mother (father?) tore apart something (I assume a smaller bird?) and fed it to the chicks a piece at a time. One of the three didn't seem to be getting any. I've been worried about that one all day.

Dammit, it's dark again. I'll have to wait 'til morning comes to make sure it's okay.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 03:29 am
Yeah. Real life is real tough. Seldom does a clutch of three make it in the falcon world.

Here's hoping.

Joe
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 03:32 am
Um. By the way, eva, they aren't furry little creatures... fluffy, yes, but unless there was more radiation at ground zero (which is just around the cornner from the roost) ...

Laughing
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 09:43 am
Okay, fluffy.

Baby birds always look strange to me until they get regular feathers. Not like proper birds, hence the wrong wording.

I'm gonna go check on them again.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 09:56 am
Nearly had a heart attack this morning...the first webcam showed an empty nesting box! Turns out the three chicks (all looking good!) have ventured out of the box for the first time! YAY!

I'll be gone for a couple of days...will someone else keep watch for me?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 02:37 pm
They've been out the whole day. Mom fed them about three pm and now (4:40) they are still laying around out on the veranda.

J
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 12:51 pm
Good to see them back in their nice, safe corner today. Made me nervous to see them wandering around Friday with Mom & Dad off somewhere else.

Someone must have adjusted the birdcam over the weekend. Now I can see the traffic going by below.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 01:36 pm
Are those pigeon feathers fluttering in the breeze?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 01:49 pm
Thanks for the link, Joe. It's a treat!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 06:50 pm
Yes, those are pigeon feathers.... they tried the vegetarian chili and found it to be too bland.

Laughing
0 Replies