RABEL222

Thu 8 May, 2014 04:02 pm
@wmwcjr,
Most people dont seem to realize the Old Testament is about death and destruction and hate, while the New Testament is about love. Two completely different concepts. The Old Testament is the one both the Jewish and Muslim religions believe in. As do most of the U S of A conservatives.
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 8 May, 2014 04:27 pm
@Advocate,
And the word that pops out when I think of you is "clueless"
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 8 May, 2014 04:28 pm
Well, of course, there isn't any hate expressed from the Left.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Thu 8 May, 2014 04:30 pm
@RABEL222,
"Love your neighbor" is ignored by so many, as has been the case throughout history. Sad

As history has also shown, the mixing of church and state has frequently resulted in oppression. Jefferson knew what he was talking about.
OmSigDAVID

Thu 8 May, 2014 06:40 pm
@wmwcjr,
Thanx for your research and your analysis, Bill.

David
coldjoint

Thu 8 May, 2014 07:48 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
As do most of the U S of A conservatives.

I would not lump conservatives and Jews in with Muslims. They are a singular problem. There are no conservative groups that threaten and promise terror on any continuing basis. And no Jewish groups that I know of. Do you?
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Thu 8 May, 2014 07:59 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
You're welcome, David. Smile

Actually, I didn't do any research. It was something I had already known for years.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Thu 8 May, 2014 08:03 pm
not going to read all of these pages, however, in my experience (and this includes in swinger and BDSM clubs) is that self professed conservatives are more tolerant and are more willing to mix than are self professed liberals.

As always, your mileage may vary.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Sat 10 May, 2014 04:59 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:

Most people don't seem to realize the Old Testament is about death and destruction and hate, while the New Testament is about love. Two completely different concepts. The Old Testament is the one both the Jewish and Muslim religions believe in. As do most of the U S of A conservatives.

The Old Testament and the new Testament were written by uncomplicated ordinary men who attributed to their God their personal emotions, like anger, jealousy (have no other god before me for I am a jealous god) war, destruction of one's enemies, etc. The New Testament is simply a more modernize version of the old. I believe the scripture of Jesus said: "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

Abraham's first son was by his wife Sarah's slave, and was named, Ishmael. When Sarah finally gave birth to a son at an advanced age, she called her son, Esau. Sarah was jealous of Abraham's first son and sent him and his mother away so her son would receive Abraham's gifts handed down by God. It was said "God promised Ishmael he would be the father of a great nation," which is Islam.
coldjoint

Sat 10 May, 2014 05:32 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
"God promised Ishmael he would be the father of a great nation," which is Islam.

Great at what? Killing 270 million for jihad or the continuing terror that so many have seemed to settle for as some sort of religious right. The only thing great about Islam are their sheer numbers.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 10 May, 2014 05:53 pm
Quote:
Bill Maher, Dinesh D’Souza battle liberals for not condemning Islam

Quote:
“There’s no mention here of connecting this to the religion, which is always what I am seeking to do because I think that’s the elephant in the room,” the “Real Time” host said. “And that in the religious at large, women are seen as property, second-class at best, often as property. Shouldn’t that be brought to light in this debate as well?”

It sure should.

Quote:
“Where it becomes dangerous is that liberals like yourself do not stand up for liberalism,” Maher fired back. “Liberalism means, one, mostly, equality of women. Free speech. No death threats. … I’m the bad guy because I’m against the people who cut your arms off for not praying.”

He is right about Islam and has tried to call out the lefts glaring hypocrisy. When is the liberal going to realize that? After the next 9/11 or another couple of thousand schoolgirls.If the left insists on hating they should put it where it belongs.

Quote:
We want to reiterate that we are warriors who are carrying out Jihad (religious war) in Nigeria and our struggle is based on the traditions of the holy prophet. [Mohammed]

—Boko Haram statement of “principles,” 2011
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sat 10 May, 2014 10:56 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
I am not going to get into an argument about a couple of books written by many humans who claimed to be inspired by God. When my mother claimed to converse with God they placed her in a mental ward, they dident elect her president. Their dosent seem to be any real justice in this world.
izzythepush

Sun 11 May, 2014 01:26 am
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:
As history has also shown, the mixing of church and state has frequently resulted in oppression. Jefferson knew what he was talking about.

Really? You don't have a state religion, but plenty of religious nutjobs. We do, and we're the least religious country in the world.
Moment-in-Time

Sun 11 May, 2014 10:02 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:

I am not going to get into an argument about a couple of books written by many humans who claimed to be inspired by God. When my mother claimed to converse with God they placed her in a mental ward, they didn't elect her president

Happy Sunday morning, Fellow poster. Your response is humorous and yet makes a lot of commonsense. There are many so-called religious people who claim to converse with God and no one is placing them in a "mental ward." But, hey, I get your point. The most conspicuous aspect of this argument regarding men who wrote the bible is that not one of them lived during the life of Jesus, so many might say "miracles" done by Jesus is pure fictitious additions handed down by word of mouth through the years.

Quote:
There doesn't seem to be any real justice in this world.

Interesting statement and I'm inclined to agree with you. Just what is justice? One could say "justice" is in the minds and hearts of individuals and sometime circumstances beyond our control. I don't perceive of "justice" coming from a god I do not believe exist. There are no many crooked judges....take our United States Supreme Court for instance. It is documented Jurists Scalia and Thomas are regular visitors to the multi-Billionaire Koch brothers who pay well for these two to vote in their special interests when particular subjects come before them. SCOTUS is so far-right that all we need is a conservative Republican President of the US and our democracy will fade even more.
RABEL222

Sun 11 May, 2014 11:06 am
@Moment-in-Time,
You would think that the voters would realize that when you elect ultraconservative politicians in positions of power that you will get ultraconservative government. The Supreme Court is proof of this statement. It is a court of the rich with the help of the house it will continue to pass laws like the one that made corporations people. What? You say the Court dosent pass laws? If you do than you are one of the people who dosent understand our government of the people, by the people, for the people has become a government of the rich, by the rich and for the rich. Keep voting ultraconservatives into office and before long you wont be able to vote unless you have a billion dollars in the bank. As I mentioned in another text, or maybe this one I cant find a liberal or even a middle of the road politician to vote for but I will continue to vote for the least onerous politician in hopes to find a truly honest one who actually puts the will of ALL the people before the ones who buy the government for their gain, before I die.
Moment-in-Time

Sun 11 May, 2014 11:41 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
You would think that the voters would realize that when you elect ultraconservative politicians in positions of power that you will get ultraconservative government. The Supreme Court is proof of this statement. It is a court of the rich with the help of the house it will continue to pass laws like the one that made corporations people. What? You say the Court dosent pass laws? If you do than you are one of the people who dosent understand our government of the people, by the people, for the people has become a government of the rich, by the rich and for the rich. Keep voting ultraconservatives into office and before long you wont be able to vote unless you have a billion dollars in the bank. As I mentioned in another text, or maybe this one I cant find a liberal or even a middle of the road politician to vote for but I will continue to vote for the least onerous politician in hopes to find a truly honest one who actually puts the will of ALL the people before the ones who buy the government for their gain, before I die.

I agree wholeheartedly with your statement, Rabbel. This morning I had the opportunity to watch MSNBC's Up w/Steve Kornacki who had Senator Elizabeth Warren as a guest. I must say, Senator Warren is one of the most "expressive communicators" I have heard in a very, very long time.

Warren was asked repeatedly by Kornacki if she would run for president of the US and she skillfully avoided the question, instead maintained she was focussing on 2014. With respect to Hillary Clinton, if she were to run I would vote without any hesitation, but if Elizabeth Warren were running, I would beyond a shadow of a doubt vote hands down for her.

Warren wrote a book many years back (I did not read it) which pointed to Hillary Clinton as not being free of Wall Street/Bank influence....she refused to address that point in her book with Kornacki when he asked her about this...that Wall Street had its claws into Clinton; Warren espouses the rich and powerful get what they want out of Washington....that the district is rigged with lawyers and lawyers, and is tilted towards the rich and powerful. But this is something you and I know already, eh?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 11 May, 2014 12:01 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
We do, and we're the least religious country in the world.

Tell that to all your Muslims.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 11 May, 2014 01:18 pm
Quote:
Individual liberty anywhere is a threat to the Progressive-Collectivist Cause everywhere.

http://theunionnews.blogspot.com/2014/05/meet-progressive-dark-power.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheUnionNews+%28The+Union+News.%29
OmSigDAVID

Sun 11 May, 2014 04:08 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Quote:
Individual liberty anywhere is a threat to the Progressive-Collectivist Cause everywhere.
Yes. Liberty and collectivism are antithetical to one another,
like hot and cold.

The jurisdiction of government is INVERSELY PROPORTIONAL to personal liberty.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 11 May, 2014 07:45 pm
Quote:
Washington Post calls for Shariah limits on speech

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/05/washington-post-calls-for-shariah-limits-on-speech/#we61G2FD5Q5Vc3QH.99

Quote:
The article’s author, Omar Sacirbey, promotes the mythical “anti-Muslim hate” narrative that is skillfully used by Shariah advocates to silence the truth about Islam. According to Sacirbey, free speech is a dangerous thing. Sacirbey wants Internet speech to be restricted, because if free speech goes unchecked, it could lead to ______ (fill in the blank – make it up as you go along). He cites a “report” from the “Muslim Advocates” that claims “anti-Muslim hate speech on the Internet is commonplace and can motivate some people to commit acts of violence against Muslims.” Operative word: “can.”

It would be nice if the author could name one incident in a Western country that involved a group attacking Muslims.(and by attacks I mean a body count that is the symbol of Islamic attacks, whether it is three or three thousand). There certainly have been no organized attacks in America.
This is clearly the lefts hate for free speech while at the same time making Muslims victims, which they certainly are not.

Quote:
Speaking of hate speech, where is Muslim Advocates’ policy condemning the violent imperatives commanded in jihadic doctrine?

0 Replies