chai2

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 11:53 am
@kitty1990,
kitty1990 wrote:

There are various types of romantic relationships a person can have!

Oh, thanks for educating me on this. I never would have figured that out.
0 Replies

kitty1990

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 11:56 am
@chai2,
I guess you're the one who should be paying attention! I said iF THE AGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM WASN'T REMARQUABLE
chai2

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 12:08 pm
@kitty1990,
kitty1990 wrote:

Also realistic people don't answer anything they think it's stupid or a troll, they don't like to wast time on something which is not beneficial for them!

You seem to have a lot of knowledge as to what realistic people would do. No, I'm kidding. You're just beating around the bush.

What you really want to say is that you think I'm rude and don't like it that I called you on your fishng for people who will answer that they think your interest in romance is just fine.

It's also not for you to say what is beneficial to me.

Actually, this has been quite cathartic, as I have more and more been annoyed by people who have to rely on others to decide what to do, who can't answer direct questions, and who can't directly speak their own minds, but have to hide behind supposed knowledge of what a certain type of person would do.

You just take a type of quality a person could have, such as being realistic, and then make up what you think a realistic person would or wouldn't do, or how they do or don't think.

In fact, it's not even what you think a realistic person is. You're just using those 2 words as a seque to telling me in a round about way what you are really thinking about me.

Honestly?

Neither you or Oliver can insult me, as all the points you bring up about me are true, as far as the true meaning, so why should I be insulted or feel bad about you're recognizing my traits?

The next thing I expect to hear from one of you is how you feel sorry for me. That's always really funny to me, as the person saying it never feels sorry for the other, and is using it as a weasel way to say what they want, without seeming to connote anything negative about themselves.

Go ahead and say it, one of you...something like "I feel sorry for you that you can't understand what being in love is....." or something like that.
0 Replies

kitty1990

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 12:08 pm
@chai2,
It happens to everyone to change a certain point of view after a while! That's the nature of humain beings, we live and learn new things evwryday and based on the things we experience in life we build a certain thought! Changing my mind about this matter reasonably doesn't harm anyone because that's my own personal thought! And as much as I tolerate other people's beliefs in a respectable way, I expect for them to do the same!
chai2

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 12:15 pm
@kitty1990,
kitty1990 wrote:

I guess you're the one who should be paying attention! I said iF THE AGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM WASN'T REMARQUABLE

No, I'm totally paying attention.

As well as if you met someone who was slightly over that age, you'd adjust your opinion to include that age as ok.....then if someone else was a little older than that, well then that would be ok too.

Let's say you're 22, and decided you would never date anyone over 30....then you meet someone you like that says he's 31, or 32....well, that's ok, it's pretty close to 30. I don't believe you could say that you would never date someone who is a year older than some arbitrary number you decided not to go past.

Reasonable age? Again, you give no specifics.

There's no such thing as etched in stone when it comes to things like that. Well I dated this 32 year old....hmmmm 33 or 34 isn't much past that.

Personally, I haven't got a problem with people of various ages having a relationship, depending on the equality of power. I was 30 when I married a 46 or 47 year old man. Now I've been married for 20 years to someone 12 years older than me.

The line in the sand moves, and there's nothing wrong with that.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 12:17 pm
@kitty1990,
kitty1990 wrote:

It happens to everyone to change a certain point of view after a while! That's the nature of humain beings, we live and learn new things evwryday and based on the things we experience in life we build a certain thought!

Dammit, that's exactly what I'm trying to say. You're just bound and determined to disagree with me, even when I'm agreeing.

Back to the point, it is very unwise of you to date a professor at your university....but, that's not what you want to hear.
chai2

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 12:23 pm
@chai2,
BTW, do you prefer marmite or vegemite?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 12:48 pm
@chai2,
Definitely marmite.
chai2

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 12:48 pm
@chai2,
kitty, you shouldn't just automatically thumb down every one of my posts.

The marmite/vegemite question is vital.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 12:49 pm
@izzythepush,
I'm enjoying mine, but I don't like it on toast as it turns out.

What else do you put yours on?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 12:59 pm
@chai2,
I love it on toast, especially toasted with cheese. Some people have it in sandwiches with/without cheese. These are very popular as well.
http://www.britishdelights.com/images/cw10.jpg
http://images2.mysupermarket.co.uk/Products_1000/72/120072.jpg?v=2

There are recipes for marmite pasta, popcorn, chicken all sorts.
http://www.yummly.co.uk/recipes/marmite-yeast-extract
chai2

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 01:01 pm
@izzythepush,
Hmmm. the cashews sound delicious.

I guess I would have to buy them online.

I had a hard enough time finding marmite.
Olivier5

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 01:02 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
First you say I know little about love, then you say I'm cynical about it. Make up your mind.

Being cynical about love is being dismissive about it, and not the same thing as being knowledgeable about it.

Love is important. It is beautiful, inspirational, but also risky and fragile. It's nothing to be scornful about, in any case not in a discussion with somebody in love. When (if) kitty comes back heart-broken, 3 months from now after the teacher dissed her or something equally sad, you're welcome to trash love as much as you wish to cheer her up, but in the meantime, a bit of tact, a bit of respect is due for what little charm is left in this world.

Truth is: you don't know that this isn't a genuine love story... For all we know, maybe this guy is the love of her life. Nobody knows, not even them until they try it out.

izzythepush

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 01:07 pm
@chai2,
The crisps are even better.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 01:27 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:
First you say I know little about love, then you say I'm cynical about it. Make up your mind.

Being cynical about love is being dismissive about it, and not the same thing as being knowledgeable about it.

Love is important. It is beautiful, inspirational, but also risky and fragile. It's nothing to be scornful about, in any case not in a discussion with somebody in love. When (if) kitty comes back heart-broken, 3 months from now after the teacher dissed her or something equally sad, you're welcome to trash love as much as you wish to cheer her up, but in the meantime, a bit of tact, a bit of respect is due for what little charm is left in this world.

Truth is: you don't know that this isn't a genuine love story... For all we know, maybe this guy is the love of her life. Nobody knows, not even them until they try it out.

Jesus ******* Christ. I'm not dismissive of love. I know love is important. I'm not trashing love.

Again, you have no business telling me either what charm is left in the world, or what type of tact or respect I should treat it with. Don't tell me what I'm welcome to do or not do.

Who are you anyway, the "This is the way everything should be said and done" police?

The truth is, you don't know this is a true story, neither do I, and that's not really important.

Where you get off as being the self appointed arbiter of my thoughts is beyond me.

Tend to your own knitting. I'm not telling you what to think or behave, until you start telling me how I need to be.

Olivier5

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 01:44 pm
@chai2,
I will say whatever I want to say on this board, thank you very much, and too bad if that messes with your hairdo.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 01:50 pm
@kitty1990,
Avec plaisir. Mes salutations à Rabat -- C'est une belle ville! Surtout la qasba des oudaias ... Smile
chai2

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 01:55 pm
@chai2,
and by the way, keep your stories straight. you already indicated in another post I knew little about love.

now go ahead and thumb that down as well, you sanctimonious twit.
Olivier5

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 02:01 pm
@chai2,
I don't have the faintest idea what you know about love, chai. I just said that to console kitty, to help her deal with the bad rap she got from some cynical A2Kers for daring to ask a simple question about love.
chai2

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 02:03 pm
@Olivier5,
and who would that be Oliver?