ossobuco

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2014 05:34 pm
@kitty1990,
Now I understand the non perfect english.
If I were you, kitty, I'd ask the moderators to remove your last post, as you are very identifiable. They very well might not agree with me.
You can do that by clicking on Contact Us at the bottom of the page.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2014 05:39 pm
@kitty1990,
kitty1990 wrote:

Well let me explain! I'm in north africa, in my university we study by semester, in my first semester which was in my first year I didn't pass his class there for I have to take the class again after my 6th semester and pass it in order to get my degree! If u guys understand french I would have explained this better!

How in the world do you know people don't speak french here?

Plus you first said you were close in age, and he just started teaching. Now you say he's been teaching there 5 years.

I just sent an email to the school via their website asking if faculty/student romances are permitted. Hopefully they'll respond during the business week.
0 Replies

kitty1990

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 06:52 am
@ossobuco,
If I was a troller I wouldn't be on this site on the first place! There are plenty of other sites where I can troll hundred of people! I was looking for answers on google couldn't find an exact situation as mine, and since I came across this site I thought why not try and post my situation maybe someone will takr the time to answer! But I didn't think of being accused for a troll or getting such an answer from someone, because when I read other problems, the answers people gave to the askers were very helpful! Since I've never been in a similar situation before I couldn't react to it and that's the main reason why I came looking for help, also I would have gone to people around me but that's not as secure because people here only look to know something about you and break it to the entire university and I don't want that!
Olivier5

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 08:40 am
@kitty1990,
Hi kitty. Sorry about the abuse some dish at you. Just don't pay attention. It's not like they know much about love anyway.

Yes, from the symptoms you described, your teacher has a crush on you. Whether or not to act on it if for you two to decide. I agree that the "safe" approach is to wait until he isn't your teacher anymore.
kitty1990

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 08:56 am
@Olivier5,
Thank u so much for taking time to answer! I guess ur right, as long as he hadn't made a straight approach I can't do anything about it except for waiting!
chai2

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 08:57 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

It's not like they know much about love anyway.

What a childish, condescending response.
Olivier5

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 09:07 am
@chai2,
You have been extremely nasty on this thread Chai, and for no good reason. That girl is almost a child, for heavens sake. If you had the slightest amount of emotional intelligence you would not behave like that.
chai2

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 09:35 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

You have been extremely nasty on this thread Chai, and for no good reason. That girl is almost a child, for heavens sake. If you had the slightest amount of emotional intelligence you would not behave like that.

Almost a child?

Are you kidding? She's a college student saying she attracted to a teacher. That's not a child.

If she's acting like a child when she's an adult that's her own damn fault.

As I said in a previous post, I'm sick and tired of people acting stupid, saying nonsense, not answering direct questions, switching stories around to suit their needs, behaving like a helpless infant, and behaving that way because it's been successful in the past. Give me help, but I'm not going to tell you everything, I prefer to be the coy ingenue. I'll play dumb and only answer part of your post, and not a direct question, until forced too, then I'll be annoyed. Then I'll tell you that you don't have to respond to me, and go away because you're forcing me to respond like an adult and not an innocent victim.

The fact is, in almost every case, it's a terrible idea to become attracted to a college professor if you are a student.

They get dozens of girls that crush on them every semester, the unscrupulous professors can take advantage of whomever they please, and will move onto the next batch of student the following semester.

For the professor, it's a resoving door of young women (or vice versa if the professor is a woman) knocking on his door during office hours, staying behind after class to chat him up, each thinking they could be something special to him.

This is a common occurence as we all know when there is a disparity in power. It just doesn't happen between teachers and students, but between patients and their therapists, doctors and other people where there is a difference in status. It's an occupational hazard for these people.

In all likelihood, this woman will find someone much more approprite to her romantic feelings within the next year, like a fellow student, and this teacher will be a memory.

There, that's helpful advice, just not what the OP wants to hear.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 09:41 am
@kitty1990,
That and possible effects on your studies and his tenure. I know that a crush is a beautiful thing and it's pretty tempting to act on it. Mais les histoires d'amour...
[youtube]http://youtu.be/PJs9Ac6CTuM[/youtube]

chai2

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 09:51 am
@Olivier5,
Make up your mind Oliver, is she practically a child, or a woman being sexually tempted?

You can't have it both ways.

If she's practically a child, she needs to be informed as to the reality of the world, if she's a woman, she doesn't need the advice of complete strangers in matter of the heart.

Have you ever noticed Oliver, that you and I, and other obvious adult posters here don't come on asking for advice for the lovelorn?

Why would anyone ever want to ask complete strangers for advice? Oh, because they'll find people who tell them what they want to hear.
chai2

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 10:46 am
@kitty1990,
kitty1990 wrote:

If I was a troller I wouldn't be on this site on the first place! There are plenty of other sites where I can troll hundred of people! I was looking for answers on google couldn't find an exact situation as mine, and since I came across this site I thought why not try and post my situation maybe someone will takr the time to answer! But I didn't think of being accused for a troll or getting such an answer from someone, because when I read other problems, the answers people gave to the askers were very helpful! Since I've never been in a similar situation before I couldn't react to it and that's the main reason why I came looking for help, also I would have gone to people around me but that's not as secure because people here only look to know something about you and break it to the entire university and I don't want that!

You're not a native French speaker, that's clear. The way you run on sentences indicates you're more familiar with English.

Plus you're paranoid.

First you call me racist, and that got pulled completely out of your ass, now you say I'm trying to break your identity to the entire university?

Asking where you go to school is hardly outing you, nor is asking the university if student/facility relationship are acceptable.
0 Replies

kitty1990

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 10:53 am
@Olivier5,
Y a certainement des gens qui ne peuvent jamais se craquer pour leurs professeurs, j'étais une d'eux franchement, mais ca a totalement changer après avoir connu ce monsieur! J'avais toujours dis que un adult ne doit jamais avoir une relation amoureuse avec une personne plus jeune, mais maintenant j'ai fais des exceptions, genre si la différence d'age n'était pas trop remarquable ou bien un obstacle de communication entre les deux! Bref je crois que tu as fait une tres bonne remarque, je te remercie encore une fois pour ton professionnalisme et tes réponses raisonnables et matures, cela m'a fait vraiment plaisir!
Olivier5

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 10:54 am
@Olivier5,

http://youtu.be/PJs9Ac6CTuM
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 11:04 am
@chai2,
FYI, children can have crushes.

By almost a child I meant barely 18. Maybe 20 odd. The age. Of my own daughter.

You can come across as a tad cynical about love, if you don't mind me saying so. Young people are not, oftentimes. It's a big deal for them and rightly so. But more importantly, there was no need to be mean, and no need to ask for her university either.
chai2

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 11:24 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

FYI, children can have crushes.

By almost a child I meant barely 18. Maybe 20 odd. The age. Of my own daughter.

You can come across as a tad cynical about love, if you don't mind me saying so. Young people are not, oftentimes. It's a big deal for them and rightly so. But more importantly, there was no need to be mean, and no need to ask for her university either.

Then your daughter is not a child.

I'm not a tad cynical, I am cynical, so why would I mind you saying that? That's another thing, people trying to soften what they perceive as insults by saying silly things like "if you don't mind me saying so". First, you don't care if I mind at all, so just come out and say it. Second, I in no way believe that being cynical is automatically a negative. In fact, I think cynical is a word used by people who wouldn't say **** if there mouth was full of it. The phrase should be "looking at the world with open realistic eyes"

First you say I know little about love, then you say I'm cynical about it. Make up your mind.

In fact, I know a great deal about love, and I don't think we're doing any young people any favors by feeding into any residual infantile ideas about it.

I'm not being mean, I'm asking intelligent questions to find out the truth.

Part of the truth is finding out whether university does indeed condone or at least tolerate student/faculty romance. Why would I automatically assume this poster is speaking the truth, or if it's wishful thinking, or just entirely made up so it's easier to get the answer she wants to hear? Finally, what I deem as necessary to ask to get the information I need is none of your business.

I'm supposed to automatically believe that this aberration of normal (even in more liberal countries) university policy is true in a sexually conservative, 99% muslim country like Morocco?

Quite frankly, I don't believe such behavior would be considered acceptable, expecially considering the sexual mores of the country as pertaining to relationships and marriage.

BTW, adults can have crushes too. I have them on a regular basis. But I handle them as fun fantasies, not as something that's going to become true just because they're appealing or because I may want them to be real.
kitty1990

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 11:30 am
@Olivier5,
Also he/she accused me for not being a native French speaker just because my English is good!? How does that even make sense?! Speaking multiples languages is an important and required thing!
chai2

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 11:34 am
@kitty1990,
I didn't say your English was good.

I really do wish you'd pay attention.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 11:39 am
@kitty1990,
kitty1990 wrote:

Y a certainement des gens qui ne peuvent jamais se craquer pour leurs professeurs, j'étais une d'eux franchement, mais ca a totalement changer après avoir connu ce monsieur! J'avais toujours dis que un adult ne doit jamais avoir une relation amoureuse avec une personne plus jeune, mais maintenant j'ai fais des exceptions, genre si la différence d'age n'était pas trop remarquable ou bien un obstacle de communication entre les deux! Bref je crois que tu as fait une tres bonne remarque, je te remercie encore une fois pour ton professionnalisme et tes réponses raisonnables et matures, cela m'a fait vraiment plaisir!

So now you make exceptions because it's happening to you?
kitty1990

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 11:47 am
@chai2,
U talk as if I said I was going to sleep with the man! There are various types of romantic relationships a person can have! My question was clear, and my attention too! As any other girl we see sings and we like to know their neanings, as much as we like to act upon them! If u were really a realistic person u wouldn't be assuming things in the first place, and u wouldn't be rude too! Also realistic people don't answer anything they think it's stupid or a troll, they don't like to wast time on something which is not beneficial for them! And as long as the teacher and his students are not the age of a father and his daughter then that's where it's acceptable fir thwm to date!
chai2

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 11:52 am
@kitty1990,
kitty1990 wrote:

U talk as if I said I was going to sleep with the man! .......as long as the teacher and his students are not the age of a father and his daughter then that's where it's acceptable fir thwm to date!

No, I'm not assuming you're going to sleep with him at all.

On your second point, so you've created some arbitrary cut off point where it's acceptable and where it's not?

If you used to consider any such thing as this subject unacceptable, but now you've decided to make an exception in your case, what's to make you decide more years in between would be all right too, depending on your personal circumstances.

You're making this up as you go along to suit your desires. I'm telling you a student/teacher relationship is a horrible idea in practice.