Let's talk about love

patiodog

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 01:45 pm
I think you've got it a little backwards, kicky. Women (generalizing) want love to be a part of sex. Men want sex to be a part of love. I suspect women are conditioned to be more accepting of love without sex, men to be more accepting of sex without love.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 01:53 pm
Hmm...I've always thought that women have a whole (oops, no pun intended) lot more invested in sex than men. What if there is an 'accident'? Who will be responsible? I think that partially explains why love is more important to women than men, generally speaking.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 05:13 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Hmm...I've always thought that women have a whole (oops, no pun intended) lot more invested in sex than men. What if there is an 'accident'? Who will be responsible? I think that partially explains why love is more important to women than men, generally speaking.

Good point cav. You see examples of what you say on shows like Maury Povitch all the time. These girls get pregnant, have the child, and are devistated when the guy walks out on them. The girls/young women are devistated, they thought the guy really cared about them...even 'loved' them, when in reality, the young women were nothing more than a screw to the guy. Women often make the mistake of making more out of the sex act then guys do.

As for the 'accident' aspect of pregnancy, oft times young women...even older women will think they can trap a guy into commitment or even marriage if they become pregnant. NOT!
0 Replies

Mikeymike

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 01:03 pm
Re: Let's talk about love
kickycan wrote:
Is it possible to feel love like the first time again? Or is it a once in a lifetime thing?

I believe there is only one kind of love for each person that comes into our lives. Each being different and unique. No one love will ever be the same for each person. Now as for the feeling of butterflies that you get in your stomach yea that feeling is possible to get again.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 03:31 pm
Sex and Love .... I see it like this:

When you have two people.....their bodies locked in passion. Skin dancing against skin...BEAUTIFUL as beautiful can be. Fingers exploring or interlocked. A total loss of time and surroundings. And you add to all that equation~ "the crazy little thing called love" .......................
Well......it's eroticism at it's best.

At least for me, it is Smile
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 03:45 pm
Just read Brooke's post.
WOW! <mopping fevered brow>
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 04:50 pm
Is there really such a thing as love?

Most 'love' is an inherently greedy phenomena.

I suppose if i were to define 'love' it would be caring more about the 'other' than for one's self.

And that translates nicely into the sexual 'involvement' for, to me, sex is giving, not taking; but, having said that, sex with a self indulgent, and narcissistic individual is not likely to yield satisfaction - for either! This often creates a problem for noticeably 'knockout' women (or men) since they grow used to being spoiled and waited on by their suitors, and this will never work when it comes time to 'produce'!

Only if each truly wants to bestow real pleasure on the 'other' can the 'act of love' be an outstanding 'event'.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 01:37 am
This thread is getting pretty steamy now . . .
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 07:24 am
it's a 'fine' ballance Kicky;

take one letter out of 'steamy', and you have 'seamy';

love is a tightrope! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 07:28 am
You have to love be willing to love first kc.
0 Replies