Let's talk about love

Gala

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 06:04 pm
better, that is, if you keep your kickycan out of bars where your friends who ply you with drinks want to set you up with women who are too shallow to see the virtues of a somewhat shy guy...

it's just a matter of you meeting someone who recognizes who you are... you know what i mean?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 06:07 pm
I think I do, Gala. You sound almost like you know me. Hmmm . . .
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 06:25 pm
kicky, it's the feeling that the person "gets" you. what could be more validating, with the exception of validating ourselves?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 07:14 pm
Yes, I know. I agree completely. Or should I say I "get" you.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 08:43 pm
sheesh, get a room!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 09:41 pm
Hey, we're just talkin' about love. Don't be afraid of love, littlek!

I heard that Casanova once said, "A woman's conversation is more than half the pleasure of love."

What a great line.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 09:46 pm
What a great liar.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 09:48 pm
And that is exactly why he was a great lover. Hee hee.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 09:49 pm
hahahaha
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 09:58 pm
I started reading his autobiography--"History of my Life" a while ago. He was definitely gettin' some, and in some interesting scenarios, if it's true. Some people say his memoirs are all exaggerated bullshit though. The book is in volumes, and there are over 3,000 pages in all. Right now I'm on page 12. Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 09:59 pm
He's probably got nothing on Gene Simons.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 10:00 pm
Or Wilt Chamberlin. Laughing
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 10:02 pm
You know, sometimes I put these little Laughing's in here and then I look back and I go, that looks really stupid.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 10:14 pm
Yeah, they're kind of twitchy.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 10:21 pm
Do you think I should go with this "LOL" thing instead?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 10:26 pm
I dunno. I'm still just saying 'hahahaha'. It's pretty silly looking too. I guess there's no great way to type a laugh.

Got to go to bed - goodnight.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 11:47 am
Just laugh out loud and don't worry about validating the people on the screen.

Unless, of course, you're wookin pah nub...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 12:17 pm
I was gonna ask what "wookin pah nub" was, then I said it out loud and realized it's Eddie Murphy singing "Lookin' for love in all the wrong places" as Buckwheat, isn't it!? Ha ha ha.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 01:08 pm
Does sex have to be part of love? It seems that men can separate the two without much difficulty, but women seem to have a hard time with that. I mean, the feeling of being in love is a lot different than the feeling of the physical pleasure of sex. Sex can be part of love, but it doesn't have to be.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 01:16 pm
Sex is a biological need like eating a sleeping are. Too many women equate sex with love and end up feeling hurt and rejected when they try to make it more than it is. Sex is primarily for pleasure and procreation. Sex can be very enjoyable without love. The best sex I ever had was with someone I didn't love. That being said, the most spiritual, meaningful and connected sex I experienced is with my hubby whom I love very much.

Love and sex have nothing to do with one another. I love lots of people who I would never have sex with. Likewise, there are a few people I don't like but find them sexually appealing. Confused
0 Replies