Let's talk about love

patiodog

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 01:24 pm
kickycan wrote:
Maybe you're right, but I will choose to cherish my feelings when I think about the first time I heard her whisper that she loved me, or the time we said goodbye for the summer and she had a tear in her eye and she was laughing and saying "I'm not crying! I have something in my eye!" Oh my god, I'm even getting a little choked up just writing this! Embarrassed

I remember a particular time... I'd driven up-state to see her a "last" time before she left for the antipodes, there was that bittersweet farewell before a long drive down most of California...

See, thing was, on the way up there I'd been in such a hurry to see her that I'd pushed my little truck too hard on I-5, and by the time I got to her place there was a bit of smoke chugging out from underneath the hood. I gave it a rest over the weekend, it started up fine after our goodbye, so I didn't worry about it. I wasn't going to ruin our moment by, you know, having a mechanic in town look at my truck or anything. There would have been no poetry in that.

Well, about three hours into the drive, I started to get a lot of white mixed in with my exhaust, and the engine started to sputter. I was still about two hours north of Sacramento, where there is nothing but farms and truck stops. Damn thing broke down that day, ended up spending a fortune getting it towed to my sister's place in Sacto and then to another place where I could work on it -- had to replace the cracked head.

All worthwhile, though. Had to get the moment right, even if it meant a mid-valley breakdown. And there was more falling in "love" to do that year. I wouldn't give those experiences up for anything. Rather, I wish I'd had more of them when I was still dumb enough to fall for someone new every couple of months. Good times.

Goddamn, I'm chatty today. What a girl I am...
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 01:27 pm
Permanent love has never been my long suit. Like you, Kicky, my first love experience was so over the top intense; all subsequent emotions paled in comparison. I too have wondered if you can ever get back there again… and have basically concluded that I doubt it. Personally, I think it is an unrealistic expectation. You can't taste Ice-cream for the first time twice. You can match the adoration, helplessness and feelings of longing… but since it will never be the "first-time" again, that contributing ingredient will remain absent, which consequently sets the bar for the remaining ingredients at a hopelessly high level if your "first time" was a great one.

So, if its first-time love you are after, I can only wish you the best of luck. However; if you are simply looking to "fall in love again", that's easy… and I can give you very specific instructions that will accomplish the feat within of a month.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 01:30 pm
Dunno about that, Bill. They've got this ice cream they make in Madison -- all cream, the carton tells you that if you want something light, "go buy some carrots" -- damn fine stuff. Food is more reliable than people, though.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 01:35 pm
My first love was very sweet but ended badly. Alot of times with your first love comes your first heartbreak and that has an intensity all it's own. I entertained thoughts of suicide as revenge. "That'll fix him!"
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 02:09 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
if you are simply looking to "fall in love again", that's easy… and I can give you very specific instructions that will accomplish the feat within of a month.

Okay, I'm waiting for the punchline . . .
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 02:35 pm
listening~
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 02:51 pm
kickycan wrote:
Okay, I'm waiting for the punchline . . .

No punch line Kicky, I'm quite serious. Here it is step by step:
1. Book a flight to San Jose, CR
2. Make a reservation at the best western Irazu.
3. Take a Taxi "El Pueblo"
4. Once there you will notice that every 3rd woman is beautiful and every 10th is extraordinary. You will also notice that many of the prettiest girls are already looking at you. You will make a connection with one of them. Say: "Hola, que tal?", to every Tica that catches your eye. If by some hideous twist of fate, this doesn't work on your first night; repeat step 3. and 4. until it does. By day; the same thing will happen in any locally populated area. Go shopping and check out the boutiques. Trust me man; the plan is foolproof.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 09:08 pm
Hey, that could work! I am making my reservations tomorrow morning! Costa Rica, baby! Point me to the beach!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 09:13 pm
That would be Jaco... But it's completely unnecessary to even leave San Jose for your purposes. :wink:
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 07:37 am
kickycan wrote:
Hey, that could work! I am making my reservations tomorrow morning! Costa Rica, baby! Point me to the beach!

[cynical comment; make sure you take lots of 'cash' along, and check the 'birth certificates' very carefully!]
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 07:53 am
but getting back to the subject at hand, "love", it is important to recognize the 'stages' of love (and the 'spelling').

the first stage of love, the 'ove' is replaced with 'ust'.
the initial attraction in any passionate relationship is a 'chemical affair'!

the 'object' of your affections is truly 'objectified' from the 'fall' of the hair, the voluptuous 'curve' of the breast, and hip, to the 'turn' of the ankle; desire, and hunger!

this stage, if a 'connection' is made gives way to an 'adoration', where the object of your affections is 'deified' and can do no wrong.

and on to 'disillusionment'; the stage where the potential partner turns out to be a mere human being, complete with warts, faults, and an actual mind of their own! This is the critical stage, where 'lust' and 'enchantment' must be wrought into 'respect' if there is to be any lasting 'relationship'.

and with extreme effort, monumental perseverance, the total abandonment of 'pride', and numerous other demanding and arduous struggles, eventually at the end of the tunnel..........., there is love!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 07:54 am
Well, it sounds better than the personals...
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 07:56 am
hey, it "is" 'personal!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 08:00 am
Not if you pay for it, Bo, then it's just business.

"the first stage of love, the 'ove' is replaced with 'ust'."

I love that BoGoWo....in the first stages of so-called love, it is all passion and just 'ust', the two of you. Then deeper into the relationship, the question of 'ove' comes into it, clearly related to 'ovum', making plans and making babies.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 08:05 am
remaining 'serious' (who, us??), you have identified another stage;
after 'actual love' comes the 'infinity' stage where the couple realize that they wish to participate together in the human journey into infinity - a child!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 08:14 am
Children may be philosophically a journey into infinity, but in the real world, they are an eternity, and pricey. Of course, I am being completely serious here...(yeah, right). Well, if one gives birth to rabbits or humans, lots of 'caritas' is good for them.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 08:19 am
[knew ya couldn't do it! Laughing Laughing ]
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 08:24 am
What, be serious? No way. Laughing Everything I learned about child-rearing I learned from those books Mr. Spock wrote....(couldn't resist).
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 08:37 am
Love long and prosper, cav.... Wink
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 08:40 am
I plan on doing my best Eva.
0 Replies