The Pitfalls of Marrying an American Woman.

Below viewing threshold (view)
ehBeth

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 09:19 pm
@glitterbag,
You've gone around the twist.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 10:33 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Give it a rest, will ya? Do you know the origin of my screen name? Apparently not.
I know! I know! Of course, you spilled the beans on Abuzz, though not really recently.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 11:49 pm
Quote:

Cú Chulainn, also spelt Cú Chulaind or Cúchulainn ([kuːˈxʊlˠɪnʲ] ( listen); Irish for "Culann's Hound") and sometimes known in English as Cuhullin /kəˈhʊlɨn/,[1] is an Irish mythological hero who appears in the stories of the Ulster Cycle, as well as in Scottish and Manx folklore.[2] The son of the god Lugh and Deichtine (sister of Conchobar mac Nessa), his childhood name was Sétanta.

0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 11:58 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

The Rise of U.S. Imperialism: Teddy Roosevelt’s Racist U.S. War Crimes in the Philippines, 1898-1902
When searching for the documentary record of the “good old days” back when the U.S. Government provided a shining example of honest government to the world, one quickly comes to the realization that those halcyon days never actually existed. In fact, the record of the English and Dutch occupations of North America, which led to the establishment of English colonies and later to the American Revolution are a record of unparallelled brutality and thievery: first of the lands of the aboriginal peoples of the North American continent, and almost immediately, the twin, world-historic crimes of the genocide of the Native American population and the African Slave Trade show that from its very inception, the U.S. Government has been a plague on world civilization and has been responsible for horrendous atrocities throughout its short and hopefully not much longer-lived history.

Ok. We get it. You don't like the US. I can find actions of the Australian government, both historical and current, that I think are deplorable. But that's the 2nd time you've made exactly the same post. There's plenty of political threads where you can vent to your heart's content. Posting this on what is essentially a humour thread isn't going to suddenly change the world. What I'm trying to say is, "give it a ******* rest will ya".
Setanta

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 01:42 am
@glitterbag,
You are a complete idiot.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 05:19 am
@Setanta,
Well I understand idiot, I don't know what ehbeth means about twist. But relax for Christ sake, don't you ever communicate with 'paddys'. Lets not shock the rest of the forum with Irish arguments. Set, sip a little more Jamison's, it might make you more mellow.....unless you have past the point of mellow and are full blown pissed off at everybody again.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 05:41 am
@glitterbag,
Setanta is a shitty sports channel that promised live Premier League football then failed to live up to expectations/promises. As such it's an appropriate user name.

Lordy wrote a rather amusing anecdote about meeting his old geography teacher which Setanta immediately belittled because Lordy is English, and Setanta hates the English. Setanta then told a rather dull anecdote about meeting his old childhood priest and wondering why the priest just glared at him and said nothing. I doubt anyone else wonders why recognising Setanta would elicit such a response.

And now he's having a go at you, which is probably because you're more Irish than he is, which isn't that hard. Setanta is slightly more Irish than me, by one generation, and I'm about as Irish as a kangaroo.

Overall it's a shame when a humorous thread is hijacked by nasty little weasels like Setanta and Finn, because they just can't abide other people having fun.
JTT

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 09:22 am
@Wilso,
Wilso: Ok. We get it. You don't like the US. I can find actions of the Australian government, both historical and current, that I think are deplorable.
///////////

I hate what the USA has done. I hate its perfidious nature and I hate how people like to make excuses for it.

If Hitler was still in operation, still operating death camps, would folks think it dandy that Germans were having a high old time, enjoying their humor threads.

By all means, expose Australia's crimes.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 10:18 am
@Setanta,
I'm not sure how you think you've been provoked, and please don't explain your outraged ego for me. I don't recall having difficulties with you before, I've seen you respond in such fashion to others, I assumed it had something to do with a short fuse fueled by something. I'll tell you what my Irish grandmother would say about people getting angry for minor reasons (in her opinion), "Well, I guess you must stick your finger on your mad spot until it goes away"

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 10:20 am
@Setanta,
Glitterbag is that, a complete idiot.
Ragman

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 10:31 am
@JTT,
says the one-man pollution spill
JTT

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 10:32 am
@Ragman,
Says one of a2k's premier cut and run chickenshits.

But at least we agree that gb is a complete idiot.
Ragman

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 10:34 am
@JTT,
You're really a scum-sucking pig. You have a lot of nerve running down anyone else on A2K! Proof that you'll stop to the lowest levels.
Why not get a life and protest in Wash DC where your peculiar brand of BS might get some notice? Or have you gotten a restraining order on your tired ass?
JTT

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 10:44 am
@Ragman,
Did you miss this, mr chickenshit?

The Rise of U.S. Imperialism: Teddy Roosevelt’s Racist U.S. War Crimes in the Philippines, 1898-1902

When searching for the documentary record of the “good old days” back when the U.S. Government provided a shining example of honest government to the world, one quickly comes to the realization that those halcyon days never actually existed. In fact, the record of the English and Dutch occupations of North America, which led to the establishment of English colonies and later to the American Revolution are a record of unparallelled brutality and thievery: first of the lands of the aboriginal peoples of the North American continent, and almost immediately, the twin, world-historic crimes of the genocide of the Native American population and the African Slave Trade show that from its very inception, the U.S. Government has been a plague on world civilization and has been responsible for horrendous atrocities throughout its short and hopefully not much longer-lived history.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 11:23 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
I don't know what ehbeth means about twist.

You've gone a/round the twist.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/be-go-round-the-twist

pick one

Quote:
SMART Thesaurus: Of unsound mind
“be/go round the twist”: synonyms and related words:
(as) mad as a hatter/March hare idiom be (as) nutty as a fruitcake idiom be crazy about sb/sth idiom crackers adjective demented adjective deranged adjective disturbed adjective flaky adjective (PERSON) gaga adjective (MENTALLY UNCLEAR) have bats in the belfry idiom institutionalized adjective like a man/woman possessed idiom mad adjective (MENTALLY ILL) maniac noun (MENTALLY ILL) mixed up adjective off your rocker idiom off your trolley idiom psychopath noun take leave of your senses idiom wreck noun
JTT

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 11:27 am
@ehBeth,
A perfect description of glitterbag and Setanta, Beth. I commend you on your honesty. What has made you come to your senses?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 12:24 pm
Gwyneth: I've Got It Harder Than Most Working Moms
Paltrow talks about how difficult her life is in pre-split interview
By Evann Gastaldo, Newser Staff

Posted Mar 28, 2014 10:20 AM CD

(Newser) – Gwyneth Paltrow is not great at knowing how to gain the world's sympathy. The latest example: Before announcing her split from husband Chris Martin, Paltrow gave an interview to E! that the site conveniently held until after the split ... and in the interview, Paltrow talks about how hard it is to be her, because she's a working actress and a mom. "I think it's different when you have an office job, because it's routine and, you know, you can do all the stuff in the morning and then you come home in the evening," she helpfully explained.

"When you're shooting a movie, they're like, 'We need you to go to Wisconsin for two weeks,' and then you work 14 hours a day and that part of it is very difficult," Paltrow continued. "I think to have a regular job and be a mom is not as, of course there are challenges, but it's not like being on set." Mackenzie Dawson, herself a working mom, has penned an open letter to Paltrow that's getting a lot of attention. "As a mother of a toddler, I couldn’t agree more!" she writes in the New York Post. (Full letter here.) "As someone with an office job, my mornings are obviously pretty leisurely," and filled with choices like "Do I get fully dressed, or do I go tend to [my crying son] with my hair still dripping wet? Talk about being spoilt for choice! Then I have a few Bellinis and adjust my 401(k) contributions." (Of course, Paltrow then went on split up with Martin and refer to it as a "conscious uncoupling," which has also gotten her a fair share of ridicule.)
JTT

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 12:32 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Although I don't understand fully the meaning she intends for conscious uncoupling, I can say that it sounds like it is an adult way to end a relationship. Way way too many end the wrong way.

On the other part, quit acting and raise your kids. What good is another gazillion dollars gonna do you or those phoney baloney awards that cause Tsars and other idiots to pee their panties in excitement.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 01:32 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

glitterbag wrote:
I don't know what ehbeth means about twist.

You've gone a/round the twist.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/be-go-round-the-twist

pick one

Quote:
SMART Thesaurus: Of unsound mind
“be/go round the twist”: synonyms and related words:
(as) mad as a hatter/March hare idiom be (as) nutty as a fruitcake idiom be crazy about sb/sth idiom crackers adjective demented adjective deranged
adjective disturbed adjective flaky adjective (PERSON) gaga adjective
(MENTALLY UNCLEAR) have bats in the belfry idiom institutionalized adjective like a man/woman possessed idiom mad adjective (MENTALLY ILL) maniac noun (MENTALLY ILL) mixed up adjective off your rocker idiom off your trolley idiom psychopath noun take leave of your senses idiom wreck noun

Are you actually telling me that by mentioning Banshee or other mythical Irish superstition, Set was so insulted he called me an idiot and now you're telling me I'm disturbed or demented???? I'd apologize if I could figure out what was so insulting, but if it's a matter of thin skinned hot heads, I'm going to just write this off as two people having a very bad day with a need to lash out at someone. I'm happy I can accommodate you. I hope this doesn't become a pattern, I don't have a bone to pick with either of you. Here's another quote from my grandmother, "you might be able to stick that umbrella up my arse, but God help you if you try to open it and try to tell me it's raining."

I hope you both can return to a more civil form of communication.