The Pitfalls of Marrying an American Woman.

Setanta

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 02:05 pm
@glitterbag,
Complete idiocy. You allege that i'm upset so that you can dismiss what i say as mere emotionalism. I don't take strong drink. I'm not pissed off at anyone, and there is no one at this forum who is that important to me--least of all you.
Setanta

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 02:06 pm
@izzythepush,
Typical Izzy the Putz hysteria, as well as lies. The personal insults are a necessary component of your hysterical, phony indignation. Why don't you ask Lordy if he was insulted?
JTT

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 02:10 pm
@glitterbag,
Glitterbag: I hope you both can return to a more civil form of communication.

-----------

You really don't have any grasp of the meaning of hypocrite, glitter. One might say the same about Beth, but that's just love talking, a stand by your manism.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 02:28 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Complete idiocy. You allege that i'm upset so that you can dismiss what i say as mere emotionalism. I don't take strong drink. I'm not pissed off at anyone, and there is no one at this forum who is that important to me--least of all you.

I don't know how this got so screwed up. But I have to agree with you on one point, you're not important to me either. Well JTT is three rings lower on my sensitivity meter.

You seem too angry to understand what I attempted, I was trying to figure out how things went sour. Thank you for the last post, I understand completely, some people are just angry all the time. We don't have to share anything else, you are absolutely no fun at all. Look around the forum, I'm sure there must be someone you have not yet called an idiot. Happy hunting hot head
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 02:36 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
here is no one at this forum who is that important to me

This comes as news to Beth and MR Burger no doubt.
JTT

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 02:36 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta: I don't take strong drink.

That's good for Beth. She can recycle all her tea bags.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 02:38 pm
@glitterbag,
I'm not angry, as convenient as it is to your wild accusations to make the allegation.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 02:38 pm
@glitterbag,
Glitter the bag: ... But I have to agree with you on one point, you're not important to me either. Well JTT is three rings lower on my sensitivity meter.

////////

You really ought to look up 'hypocrite' in a dictionary, gb.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 02:40 pm
@hawkeye10,
You really are slow on the uptake. Are you suggesting that i'm pissed off at Beth or Hamburgboy?
JTT

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 02:40 pm
@hawkeye10,
Smile Smile

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 02:42 pm
@Setanta,
Set: You really are slow on the uptake.

Bad idea, this finger pointing, Set. You make Hawk's post even funnier. But knee jerk reactions has always been one of your long suits.

The pitfalls of marrying an American man?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 03:06 pm
@Setanta,
You lie, you lied about The Battle of the River Plate and British action in Norway.

And you probably lie to yourself as well.

What really upsets you is that you're not being taken as seriously as you think you merit.

Such misplaced vanity.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 03:08 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
I don't take strong drink.

Maybe you should try sometime, you might not be such a pain in the arse.

Most teetotallers are reformed alcoholics, some people just can't have only one beer, I'm glad I'm not one of those.
Setanta

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 03:10 pm
@izzythepush,
No, that's just your warped assessment. What i said was that France and Britain went to war because they had a defense pact with Poland, and then they sat there and did nothing while Germany overran Poland. That is true. It is equally true that France and Britain went to Norway's aid. Oh yeah . . . that's right, they completely failed to stop the Germans from invading and occupying Norway. As for the "River Plate," i'd be intersted to know what you allege that did for Poland.
JTT

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 03:12 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzy the liar who actually has the temerity to write: You lie, ... .

Izzy the liar: ... you lied about The Battle of the River Plate and British action in Norway.
/////////

I don't believe that Setanta even mentioned those. But this is illustrative of how you grasp at the flimsiest of "proofs" and flog them off as biblical truths, Izzy.

Izzy: And you probably lie to yourself as well.

See what I mean.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 03:15 pm
@izzythepush,
I stopped taking strong drink over twenty years ago. Since then, i've had one beer, which i almost finished, because one of our companions learned that it was my birthday and so bought me a beer, so i drank the beer just to be polite. A few years ago, The Girl and i went to her company's Christmas party. When they came by with the complimentary wine, i asked for a glass of white wine. I sipped a little of it, but i had no interest in finishing the glass. I'm sure you're glad that you can be a drunkard any time you like. For myself, i haven't missed alcohol at all. Now ramp up your hysteria, and make up a lot of lying claims about my abstinence from alcohol. (I was not by any means an alcoholic at the time i gave up alcohol--i never really liked the taste anyway, and i had realized that many of my so-called friends were just drinking companions. Many of them got hysterical and accusatory, just as you always do, when they learned i no longer drank alcohol.)
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 03:24 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I'm not going to bother spelling it out just for you, everyone else knows what I mean.

Specious, in my opinion. If you do not care if I understand you, then don't waste your breath from the get go. Using your British slang is just poorly disguised hostility, in my opinion, since I'm just an American, with little interest in the nuances of British slang.

But, getting back to the nuanced differences between Brits and Yanks, I recently read that the BBC had a drama about life as a bus driver, and another drama about postal workers. Neither drama had a story line where the characters lamented their stations in life, and the drama just revolved around their working/personal lives. Compare that to the classic sitcom of The Honeymooners where Ralph Kramden (Jackie Gleason) is a bus driver, yet many episodes revolved around his attempt to get out of the bus driving life and move up in the world. That might be a big difference between Britain and the U.S. In the U.S. people dream of upward mobility. In Britain people might accept their social class, since the society is too rigid for much upward mobility. That might be why the world wants to come to the U.S.? Britain, so-so? Or, at least those from the developing nations, where any western nation is an improvement.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 03:35 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I like my sweets, and cakes, I have to keep an eye on it. I've given up chocolate for Lent, not for any religious reasons, I'm not remotely religious, but more as an exercise of will power and to appreciate Easter eggs a lot more.

You're sounding oxymoronic, in my opinion - giving up anything for Lent, yet not being "remotely religious" might just then be double talk at best.

You might not be religious; however, I would guess that you might be fairly alienated from Protestants, and their orientation, relating to wealth being a divine sign of salvation. My point being that many non-practicing Catholics are still Catholic from the standpoint of who they feel most comfortable with. Plus, babies still get Baptized.

Catholics, having once ruled Europe, might be in the same emotional predicament as Muslims, since a thousand years ago, Muslim North Africa was the business center of the world, and now they might be wondering when did they get lapped by Christian Europe? The analogy being the question might be, when did Protestant Europe/America/Commonwealth countries lap Catholic Europe?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 03:57 pm
@Setanta,
You're changing the parameters, you said Britain did nothing until the invasion of France. That was a lie.
Setanta

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 04:00 pm
@izzythepush,
No i didn't. Perhaps you can quote the post in which i said that the Brits did nothing about the invasion of France. Alternatively, you can just admit that, as usual, you're just making sh*t up.