The Pitfalls of Marrying an American Woman.

Setanta

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 07:24 pm
I like to go into a restaurant and eat with my bare, nekkid hands . . . wiping them on my pants legs as necessary. Unless, of course, i'm eating Mexican food. Then i use a knife and fork.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 08:02 pm
The few British women I've met on this side of the pond seemed to have one common denominator. They all sat up very straight in a chair, and had a manner of walking that seemed like they spent a few years in the military, though they had not?

My point is that they seemed intelligent, capable, but not exactly lovable nor sexy. Knowing that the British do not have arranged marriages, I wonder what brings to Brits together to make a baby Brit? Is it done for Queen and country???
chai2

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 08:33 pm
@Foofie,
I think it has something to do with moving your clothes to the lower peg if your playing in the match today, and writing a letter home if you're not getting a haircut.

And don't forget to get your chit signed, but only if your brother is going home for the weekend with friends.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 07:30 am
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
Every British man is scarred by adolescent experiences with some haughty deb, with more passion for her childhood horse than any part of the human male.

This is a sentence that could only be found in the Torygraph. I've never met a deb, let alone inseminated one.
Ragman

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 07:31 am
@izzythepush,
Come again?
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 07:32 am
@izzythepush,
I have!

She had a horse and gave me riding lessons for most of the summer holidays.

It was love at first jump.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 07:33 am
@Foofie,
So you went out with a couple of ugly birds and still got nowt. That says it all.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 07:36 am
@Ragman,
Aristo birds.
engineer

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 07:42 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

The premise of the lead is wrong

I thought that too. One check of the Internet and you'd see a lot of posts congratulating Martin, making fun of Paltrow or both.
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 07:43 am
@engineer,
Erm...the article was not an indepth factual....

Oh never mind.
dlowan

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 08:12 am
@Lordyaswas,
I understood.
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 08:26 am
@dlowan,
I'm glad you have a good head on your shoulders, Mme Lapin.

My male offspring will be among you fair people soon, and I've told him to contact you if he's out of money/food/shelter/chocolate and payment cards for his smartphone.

I hope that's OK.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 09:31 am
@engineer,
Then there's her and others use of "cups" to bring blood to the skin. Or something like that. Oh, woo. I just learned about that.

I've never seen her in a movie and have nothing against her despite the woowoolery.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 10:34 am
@ossobuco,
I was put right off her when she blubbed at the Oscars. It was so false. For me Se7en is a feel good movie.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 10:39 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Aristo birds.

Quote:
... let alone inseminated one
and I wrote, "come again"
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 10:40 am
I was reading somewhere that this woman is so hated because she is good looking, talented, successful in many fields, and refuses to be appropriately self depreciating (for instance like Jennifer Lawrence). If she were a man this would not be a problem.

IDK, what little I have seen of her she comes off snobby.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 10:42 am
@Ragman,
I wasn't too sure whether you were asking a question or cracking a joke, so I assumed the former. Sorry.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 11:03 am
@izzythepush,
On this side a joke would have gone "cum again?"
0 Replies

saab

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 11:22 am
I read some place in a historical article - Swedish paper? - that it was us Europeans who started to handle fork and knife that akward way.
Lots of the early emmigrants where used to eat with a spoon and cut food up in small pieces with one knife for the whole family.
After arriving in USA and often for the first time in their lifes they had a chance to get enough to eat for each meal.
As they had not been taught good European tablemanners from home they started to eat the way which is now correct in the States. Also eating slowly and cutting up the food was a sign they had been in the States for a longer time than the newcomers.
It was a status symbol. If it is really correct I do not know. But it sounds very convincing to me.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 11:27 am
@izzythepush,
The yoke is on me.
0 Replies