WTF is it With TEXANS and Their GUNS?

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 11:32 am
Quote:
According to detectives, his 16-year-old daughter let McCormick in the house and snuck him into her bedroom.
Her younger brother went to say good night and saw two feet sticking out under the bed, detectives said. He then went to get his father.
The father walked in and asked questions, but his daughter claimed to not know McCormick. The father then called 911, but an argument ensued with the teenage boy.
The father told deputies that McCormick dropped his hands as if to grab something, so the man opened fire. The teen died at the scene

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Deputy-constables-Dad-shoots-teen-boy-found-in-daughters-bedroom-250041711.html

Dead, because he got caught with a white girl by her dad.
http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/26/76/03/6021314/3/622x350.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 5,924 • Replies: 125

farmerman

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 03:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
the father will get off because he was being verbally threatened . Texas has a "**** you and die" law.
Jesus woulda wanted that.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 03:49 pm
What's the issue here?

17 year old found in Daughters room. Daughter claims to not know him. Kid argues with Dad and reaches for a weapon and is shot.

Wrong place, wrong time, tough ****. I don't see that plying out much different in Cleveland. What does it have to do with Texas?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 03:51 pm
I don't know how you can conclude the girl is white. There is a picture of her father and he's as dark as the dead boy.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 03:53 pm
http://media.khou.com/images/Dad-Kills-teen-March-13.jpg
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 04:51 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I don't know how you can conclude the girl is white. There is a picture of her father and he's as dark as the dead boy.

I didn't catch that. I assumed the daughter was black based on the article.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 04:57 pm
@McGentrix,
I was commenting on the original post in this thread.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 05:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I was commenting on the original post in this thread.

OK, I assumed that part, I was wrong.

I would hate to be that girl right about now.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 05:28 pm
@hawkeye10,
If I walk into my 16yo daughters room and find a boy her age under the bed (nakid?), I am going to assume that she knows all about it. She was not sleeping despite it being 2:30 am. This idea that he thought he was an intruder is very thin.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 05:41 pm
Do me a favor. Watch this active graph all the way through.
And while you're watching think about this.

Isn't it time we stopped this mindless massacre?

http://guns.periscopic.com/?year=2013
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 05:44 pm
As long as so many people believe shooting is the answer to any fight, it will continue.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 05:45 pm
@panzade,
I dont even think cops should be able to legally kill people they claim they thought might be reaching for a gun...or something.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 05:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

As long as so many people believe shooting is the answer to any fight, it will continue.

One shot....I think there was an intent to kill. I said the same about the Zimmerman/Martin affair, there should be a higher standard of threat to legally kill someone than there is to shoot and wound someone. This gun culture message "if you are going to take the shot then shoot to kill" is barbaric and bizarre.

"if you are going to touch your wife in anger then really clock her"

Nope, does not work. Max force is rarely justified. Min force needed to get the job done is the civil approach.
panzade

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 05:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
There's been a slew of incidents like that here in S Florida .

In the nation 2013:

This is a list of people killed by non-military law enforcement officers in 2013, whether in the line of duty or not, and regardless of reason or method. The listing documents the occurrence of a death, making no implications regarding either wrongdoing or justification on the part of the person killed or the officer involved. Killings are arranged by date of incident which caused death.

Month 00000000000 Number of killings in list
December 6
November 31
October 27
September 39
August 28
July 15
June 20
May 32
April 13
March 33
February 20
January 45
Total 309
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 05:55 pm
@panzade,
does it mention how many of these killers were entered into the criminal justice system?
panzade

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 06:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
No.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_in_the_United_States
JTT

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 06:15 pm
@McGentrix,
17 year old found in Daughters room. Daughter claims to not know him. Kid argues with Dad and reaches for a weapon and is shot.
/////////

Daughter ought to be in big trouble, though in any sane society papa would be in deep ****.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 06:20 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
Looking for the number of burglaries last year in Devils Lake, N.D.? How about the increase in property crimes in Caribou, Maine? The answers (34 and 23 percent, respectively) are readily available from the FBI.

Want detailed information on how many people were shot by police in the United States last year?

That's not so easy to find.

The nation's leading law enforcement agency collects vast amounts of information on crime nationwide, but missing from this clearinghouse are statistics on where, how often, and under what circumstances police use deadly force. In fact, no one anywhere comprehensively tracks the most significant act police can do in the line of duty: take a life.

"We don't have a mandate to do that," said William Carr, an FBI spokesman in Washington, D.C. "It would take a request from Congress for us to collect that data."

Congress, it seems, hasn't asked.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/deadly-force/142-dead-and-rising/national-data-shootings-police-not-collected

We know exactly how many rape kits have not been tested across the entire country, but how many people the cops and shot and killed....no.

It is all about priorities.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 06:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
I have understood why police do that, trying putting myself in their mindset, which I think has some backup in reality but not as much reality backup as they say. Lots of quicksilver mistakes with fear going on. I take there is a lot of profiling but don't think that's all of it.

Meantime, the shoot to kill mode permeates both thug culture and police procedure, and now people with homes to protect who've seen movies for decades.

As I've told before, my husband's family (they lived in south LA, an iffy part of it when they were there. A couple of blocks from '92, in '92). Husband's parents were thrifty depression era white folks and bought a low priced house. They got along, had friends around, but did go through a home invasion - two or three guys, one with shotgun. All the money in the house was in a piggy bank in the boy's room. It wasn't the inaccessible gun in the closet that helped them, down on the floor, it was that while the invaders were in or towards the back part of the house, the crippled mother hobbled outside and screamed, and somehow she didn't get shot - the perps have fear too, sometimes, and they ran away.

I don't do guns and I think the gun culture in the U.S. is out of its mind. As were the supremes. But what is happening fits in with endless braggadocio up yours as how to just talk.

To be clear, I don't mind if you have one, but keep it away from me.

A lot here know my father was chief of photo for the bikini bomb tests. As I knew him over the years, he was a man of peace, and so were some of his mates, one a submarine captain who became a jesuit.
Setanta

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 06:25 pm
@McGentrix,
Where does it say that the kid reached for a weapon?