When May I Shoot a Student?

OmSigDAVID

Tue 11 Mar, 2014 10:16 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Poor black people who've managed to vote without ID very well before now.
WHAT?????

izzythepush wrote:
Voter fraud is not a problem,
It IS. Y do u deny that??

izzythepush wrote:
therefore any attempt to enforce ID is voter fraud. It's all about stopping people from voting.
Yea, mutiple times and votes of illegal aliens.
That 's the whole point of resisting voter Id.

izzythepush wrote:
The only legitimate reason for changing the conditions of voting are voter fraud.
That 's false.
Preventing it is appropriate. The left wants to cheat and does so.

izzythepush wrote:
When I vote I never have to show ID. Any attempt to change that is an assault on democracy.
Then England needs a better voting organizational system.
coldjoint

Tue 11 Mar, 2014 10:44 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Then England needs a better voting organizational system.

You mean Englandistan.
izzythepush

Tue 11 Mar, 2014 11:32 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Our system is fine thank you very much. Don't start trying to disenfranchise us. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
izzythepush

Tue 11 Mar, 2014 11:33 am
@coldjoint,
**** off you Nazi ****.
0 Replies

panzade

Tue 11 Mar, 2014 11:39 am
@izzythepush,
Don't forget you're dealing with people who believe their opinions count as facts.
As Twain said:'Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.'
Baldimo

Tue 11 Mar, 2014 11:41 am
@panzade,
When you guys use bias facts, that is ok?
gungasnake

Tue 11 Mar, 2014 11:48 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:

When May I Shoot a Student?

When you see a student who's plainly had too much crack cocaine, PCP, and LSD pitch a hand grenade into one classroom, hear the resulting explosion and then start to pull the pin on a second grenade, you should assume it's OK to shoot him.

Fool.....

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZLLt4w_mtVYJDbGAcIWF1tnUnNOFzXDyv0eXEimhTQGv-x1qsGQ
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 11 Mar, 2014 12:02 pm
@Baldimo,
A fact is just that, a fact. It's not biased. If you have a problem with facts that says more about you that anything else.
Baldimo

Tue 11 Mar, 2014 12:06 pm
@izzythepush,
Oh there are bias facts, like the inability of anyone from the anti-gun crowd to accept any #'s on self-defensive gun uses. They choose to ignore any and all uses of guns that are good. That is using bias facts.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 11 Mar, 2014 12:07 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
izzythepush wrote:
Voter fraud is not a problem,
It IS. Y do u deny that??

I deny it because it's wrong.

Quote:
Between 200 and 2010 there were 649 million votes cast in general elections and 13 cases of in-person voter impersonation.

http://voterfraudfacts.com/

13 fraudulent votes out of 649 million is negligible. If you want to fiddle with voter requirement it's so you can disenfranchise legal voters. What you're proposing is voter fraud.
Baldimo

Tue 11 Mar, 2014 01:15 pm
@izzythepush,
Why don't you guys start an ID drive for people? For those who don't have an ID, which is a minority of voters, they should have to get an ID.

How do all of those poor people cash their paychecks? How to they purchase alcohol beverages? Most states have laws on the books that say if you look under a certain age, in CO it's 40, you have to be ID. You don't have a valid ID you can't purchase any of those items.
izzythepush

Tue 11 Mar, 2014 01:40 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Why don't you guys start an ID drive for people? For those who don't have an ID, which is a minority of voters, they should have to get an ID.

Voter fraud is not a problem. The money can be better spent elsewhere.

If people want ID to buy alcohol they can apply for it. I've never had a problem buying alcohol. Most people have bank accounts. People on benefits have a benefit account with card that they use to draw money out.

You're conflating voter ID with all other forms of ID. You should only need ID to vote if voter fraud is a problem, and it's not, with the sole exception of Northern Ireland, where there are more stringent rules.

Other acceptable changes are allowing more efficient forms of voting, like voting online, but still giving people the option of voting in person. Other changes are to do with boundaries and a changing population, not the individual.

Our biggest problem is not voter fraud, but voter apathy, too many people don't bother voting, the last thing we need to do is make it harder for them to vote.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Tue 11 Mar, 2014 02:38 pm
I do not get the opposition to showing an ID to vote. You need an ID. You wanna vote? Show it. As only 40% of the country votes anyways, I don't see the issue. If you are over 18 and don't have a valid ID, then you are doing it wrong in America.
izzythepush

Tue 11 Mar, 2014 04:17 pm
@McGentrix,
I don't see any reason to focus on ID when voter fraud is virtually non-existent. Republicans only seem to have been bothered about it when they started losing elections. If some elderly people have got by fine without ID all their lives and can't afford to pay for ID you shouldn't force them to take out something. It's an insidious way of disenfranchising people by pretending it's for their own good.

If voter fraud were a problem you'd have grounds for changing the system. It's not a problem, so why change it if you're not in the business of disenfranchising people?
Baldimo

Tue 11 Mar, 2014 04:27 pm
@izzythepush,
It has nothing to do with cost, most states if not all states offer the ID's for free if you can't afford one.

Printed 3-D guns are not an issue but the govt seems to have already created a law preventing them from being created. So why the law if there are no problems with 3-D printed guns?
izzythepush

Tue 11 Mar, 2014 05:31 pm
@Baldimo,
That's a red herring, taking preventative steps against future technology has absolutely nothing to do with changing an existing system. Of course there's no problem with printed 3D guns, they've only just been invented. There were no problems with gunshot wounds before someone invented the gun.

It's not just the cost, it's also an extra layer of bureaucracy. Most of the voters being lined up to have their voting rights taken away from them are elderly. Lots of elderly people have problems with forms, or knowing how to go about things, where to go, who to ask etc. Everything costs if you have to pay for transport to the office that issues the form. If it requires a phonecall, they might get the wrong department, wrong form, then the forms can be delayed, a lot can be blamed on bureaucratic incompetence. That's why they didn't get the ID in time to vote.

A lot of the people remember Jim Crow, that makes them easy to intimidate. Ordinary elderly people are intimidated by bureaucracy, let alone ones who had vivid memories of being beaten up by a southern white sheriff. Hold up enough forms long enough you can get your man in, and then use a team of high paid lawyers to stop appeals. There's lots of ways you can subvert the democratic process, and all the time claim you're doing the exact opposite. You may even believe the lies about greater transparency and helping people, but they're still lies.

There's nothing wrong with the process as it is right now, the only problem is that your man doesn't get elected which is why you want to corrupt it.
Baldimo

Tue 11 Mar, 2014 05:52 pm
@izzythepush,
It is only corrupt when we have no way to make our elections safe.

People have had more then 4 years to get ID's, longer then that depending on the state they live in. No time is not an excuse after 4 years or more. You are giving people an excuse to not have ID's. I have already said that there are people to assist those who need help in the govt offices.

To claim I'm wanting to change the way we vote because my guy lost is a fallacy. My guy didn't win because he was a small time candidate. I voted for Gary Johnson. So please try again.
izzythepush

Tue 11 Mar, 2014 06:15 pm
@Baldimo,
Stop insulting mine and everyone else's intelligence by pretending you actually believe this horseshit. Elections are safe, you want to disenfranchise people. Try a bit of honesty for once.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 11 Mar, 2014 09:25 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
Don't forget you're dealing with people who believe their opinions count as facts.

Feel free to try to show anyplace that anyone is wrong about their facts.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 11 Mar, 2014 09:25 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
I do not get the opposition to showing an ID to vote. You need an ID. You wanna vote? Show it. As only 40% of the country votes anyways, I don't see the issue. If you are over 18 and don't have a valid ID, then you are doing it wrong in America.

The opposition comes from people who wish to vote multiple times in the same election. ID requirements are a severe hindrance to such activity.