Yankees vs. Red Sox....Darth Vader vs. Luke

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 05:43 pm
I will hurt from that series until The Cubs mend my wounds with a Championship.
0 Replies

angie

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 07:07 pm
Welcome to the freekin club.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 06:51 am
Do the Cubs have a rival that taunts you for having the no championships? When I went to Yankee stadium a ton of Yankee fans were wearing "1918" shirts and hats, and you hear alot of comments.

But I guess comments is better than what the Yankee fans get at Fenway park. They're lucky if they leave without at least 3 beers tossed off their heads.
0 Replies

angie

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 03:10 pm
Waste of beer.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 03:31 pm
Cub fans will hear that if The Cards win it this year....but that will not happen.

I am hoping for a Cubs/Sox series, Cubs win in 7.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 08:17 pm
bellhorn! bellhorn! bellhorn!
bellhorn just hit a 2-out 2-run single in the bottom of the ninth, bailing out foulke, who almost blew schilling's 3-hit 14k gem...

they don't make a big deal out of the fact that bellhorn's a bahstin native; i don't think i've ever heard them say it on tv... good going, homeboy!!
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 08:19 pm
Bellhorn, former Cub great....He hit 20+ bombs in like 100 games and he did nothing the next year.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 08:22 pm
he's an odd player: a 2nd baseman who strikes out a lot (i think he leads the league), draws a lot of walks, has some pop and gets a lot of ribbies.
0 Replies

lilyankeegrl02

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 08:47 pm
suzy wrote:
Yeah Gus! Smile

"Boston Red Sox. Proven losers since 1918.
-Boston Red Sox. There is no curse, you just suck"
Grrr... hell of a nerve.

Dare I say we'll kill 'em this year?

You and your ho, eh Slap? She's one lucky lady Wink

yeah you can dare your red sox fans to say whatever they want...not like they haven't been doing that since 1918 anyways. but go ahead and try again : ) i'm sure this time the babe won't show his face... haha good luck with that one...
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 09:13 pm
Whip'em Twins. Save us the trouble.

Joe
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 07:50 am
Joe, according to reports from Boston sports bars, Sox fans are rooting for a Yankee sweep so that the Sox can once and for all win a world series through the Bronx...hee hee
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 07:57 am
I'll be attending tonight, when the Sox SWEEEEEEEP the Angels.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 08:00 am
let's not forget, Ive got the Sox sweeping and then getting by the Yanks for a date with the other "red" team...the Cards.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 08:06 am
That team would scare me...they're lineup is loaded.
0 Replies

angie

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 06:20 pm
Timlin ........ Crying or Very sad ..... I love him, but today he really blew it big time.

And now, Lowe is on the mound .... oh well, we'll leave it up to Wake tomorrow.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 09:20 pm
http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/PHOTOFILE/AABT006.jpghttp://www.peel.edu.on.ca/~cherryhill/broom.gifhttp://whatsyourname.net/Heavenly%20Angels%202.jpg
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 09:24 pm
the Drunk toast of the town!!

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/mlb/2004/1008/photo/a_ortiz3_ft.jpg
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 12:34 am
I bet you'all had a heart attack when Lowe came in. He was seriously wild. But he pulled through. The Sox have a different type of confidence this year...no doubt.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 02:06 am
Go Sox!

Sure, this post has to little to no value or content, but I felt the need to express my support for one of the few sports teams about which I care. Also, I can bookmark this thread for later. Mmmm, bookmarking posts....
0 Replies

angie

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 09:43 am
I love it when I'm wrong about stuff like this ! I really thought Lowe would blow it.

I'm sensing a really serious mindset in Red Sox Nation, as in " we've come this far but it's not enough, so stay focused and leave the real celebrating until we win it all".

BTW, has any seen or heard from old Grady? Just want to make sure he can't wreck this for us ......
0 Replies