Yankees vs. Red Sox....Darth Vader vs. Luke

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 07:28 pm
Yankees vs. Red Sox. Greatest rivalry in sports. Along with this rivalry brings new t-shirts every year.

Classy? No. Funny? Hell yes.

Some t-shirts I saw being sold in NY this weekend outside Yankee stadium(by the way, Yankee fans are a joke...more on that later).

-Boston Red Sox. Proven losers since 1918.
-Boston Red Sox. There is no curse, you just suck.

Shirts on the Red Sox side(I own and proudly wear the first two).
-Shank a Yank.
-Take your 26 rings and shove 'em up your a$$.
-Jeter tosses (front) A-Rod's Salad (back)
-A-Rod is an A-Hole.
and my favorite...
- (gay pride rainbow triangle in front, with picture of Jeter and A-Rod's smiling faces in the middle) "Yankee Pride."

Any more extremely clever shirts you've seen that are great to wear at family gatherings?

Back to why Yankee fans are a joke. This was my first time at Yankee stadium.
1) They don't drink as much as Boston fans.
2) By the end of the game, the red sox fans were much louder than the fairweather Yankee fans.
3) You'll never see that many Yankee fans at Fenway...not as dedicated.
4) I wasn't as harrassed too badly. Disappointed. I was hoping for much worse ribbing. Yankee fans at Fenway get it worse(even though it was only one game). note: there is a limit...yelling, booing is all good, but I'm not a fan of watching people get violent over each other at sports games.
One funny moment, a cop walked by me and my ho outside the park(we were dressed in red sox garb), and he said, "you guys are brave."
5) They loudly booed Jeter. Although he is gayer than the fact the grounds crew danced to "YMCA," I can't believe they booed their star player this early in the season...like I said, fair weather fans. Nomah didn't get booed last year and he was awful for two months, including the playoffs.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 42,884 • Replies: 471
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 07:34 pm
I hope I don't anger some of the Yankee fans on this site, but I've always found the Boston fans to be a much higher class of citizen.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 07:41 pm
I won't get into that argument. We're both scumbags.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 07:43 pm
Yeah Gus! Smile

"Boston Red Sox. Proven losers since 1918.
-Boston Red Sox. There is no curse, you just suck"
Grrr... hell of a nerve.

Dare I say we'll kill 'em this year?

You and your ho, eh Slap? She's one lucky lady Wink
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 07:49 pm
Well...the Red Sox hired Bill James and he's out in Kansas sending the front office all kinds of strategy e mails. Wonder what they''ll do ab...eh...never mind
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 07:50 pm
Yes Suzy, she is one lucky be-yatch.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 08:03 pm
Haha! Yeah, Slappy, that's exactly what I was thinkin! Uh huh. Smile
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 02:48 pm
http://media02.liquidblue.com/imagedb/tshirts/sports/MLB/_Medium/BS103f.jpg
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 07:25 pm
Looks like our yolked up player Gabe Kapler.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 10:38 am
In my opinion Cubs/Cardinals is the greatest baseball rivalry. In all of sports, I'd say Yale/Harvard or Army/Navy.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 03:55 pm
0 Replies

bronxbomb

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 11:39 am
Yankees vs. Red Sox
Oh Slappy, where do I begin? First, I'm glad you realize that there is nothng classy about the rivalry, if you can call it that. In the past, at least the players have had respect for one another, but now even that seems to be gone. It's too bad. A good natured ribbing is one thing, but the way you and Boston fans of your ilk carry themselves is pathetic. Yes, there are many many Yankee fans that are also scumbags, but at least they have a sense of humor. "Boston Red Sox. There is no curse, you just suck. " may be cruel, but it's kind of funny. But the gay-bashing t-shirts around Fenway have nothing to do with the sport or the rivalry, and are not even funny, only crude. You lash out at Yankee fans because they don't drink as much as Boston fans? And because they weren't mean enough to you at Yankee Stadium? You come off like an alcoholic with a persecution complex. Try going to a game and watching and enjoying the game. And don't worry about the rivalry, because the Sox will find a way to lose again, even with the best team they've ever fielded. They have to, it's their destiny.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 07:21 am
Where do you begin? By talking out of your ass. How do the players not show respect for each other? They're always chatting it up before games and when runners get on base, and alot of them are friends. They don't take the whole rivarly thing personal. Maybe if you watched a game or two you'd know that.
So the Boston sucks shirts are kind of funny, but Yankee Pride is crude?
At least you feel better about yourself now, because you know the way us Red Sox fans carry ourselves is pathetic. Pathetic is 2,000 in attendance at an Expos game.
0 Replies

bronxbomb

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 08:37 am
Talking out of my ass? That would be some trick. Well, maybe a little, but I'm just expressing an opinion (and perhaps venting a bit), same as you. And I'm not saying that ALL of the players lack respect for each other and the game, but there are definitely a few that come to mind. As far as watching a game or two, I watch or listen to as many as possible during the season, and try to make a few trips to both Yankee Stadium and Fenway every year, so I've seen up close the way certain players and fans carry themselves. It's not all good-natured, and can get very ugly in the stands. And your original posting only propagates that mentality (although my reaction to it doesn't help either). I guess what I should've said is that I think that making a blanket statement about a team's fanbase is ignorant and prejudiced. There are as many smart, educated, well-intended Yankee fans as Sox fans, and vice-versa. But in any crowd, you'll get a number of malevolent imbeciles that would rather get wasted and be aggressive than actually pay attention to the game. Can't we all just get along? It's a great sport, and we're all fans afterall. That's it. I've said my piece. Denounce me if you will, I'll understand. Enjoy the next 130-or-so games. It should be a great season, and a tight race in the AL East.
0 Replies

yank7378

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 04:55 pm
spoken like a true loser. You forgot the t shirt that read "the boston b's-_babe, bucky, buckner and boone. Have a great season. Better luck next decade!!!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 08:35 am
like him or despise him, you gotta admire derek jeter's hustle last night.
sacrificing his body, he crashed into the seats at full speed after making an inning-ending catch.
IMO that's the level of effort needed to be a contender in baseball.
http://mlb.mlb.com/images/2004/07/01/Vqupvkyq.jpg
http://www.nypost.com/photos/yankslede07022004.jpg
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 09:08 am
The Yankees and Red Sox have a rivalry about like a hammer and a nail have a rivalry.

Ba-da-BOOM!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 09:31 am
Jeter did make a very nice play there...

of course, he looked the same as he did after him and Arod had a lover's spat a few weeks back, over which showtunes production to go to.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 09:12 am
Slappy, watched the sweep and have to admit the Sox have that deer in the headlights look. Time to aim for a wild card spot.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 11:11 am
Luke's pretty long in the tooth.
0 Replies