Congratulations, House Republicans!

coldjoint

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2015 10:41 pm

That link is to a chart that translates liberal double and bullshit into what they really mean.

Take a look people and see how truly stupid and gullible you really are.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2015 11:20 pm
@Baldimo,
Your characterization of Obamas presidential order is bull shyt. Your heros Raygen, Bush, and many other republican presidents werent illegal when they used the same presidential power. So why is Obamas? No more bull shyt, a direct answer with proof to back it up, not your slanted opinion.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2015 11:23 pm
@MMarciano,
Quote:
If your out to impress people on the forum try posting something intelligent for a change!

If I may I would like to rephrase that to for once in your life.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 08:50 am
On the Homeland Security saga, pretty sure congress is going to kick this problem off for three weeks, democrats are signally they will go along with it.

UPDate here
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 10:32 am
@RABEL222,
Reagan's order dealt directly with an immigration law that was passed by Congress. Obama has no immigration bill that has been passed by Congress in which to tie his order to. That is the major difference. Another piece of proof is the fact that Obama himself for the last few years said more than 20 times that he didn't have the power to do what he did. Instead he creates his order less than a month after the 2014 elections before the new Congress had a chance to even work on immigration. That goes to show that Obama was playing pure politics.
revelette2

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 11:06 am
@Baldimo,
I am not aware there has to be a preceding bill passed by congress in order for a president to issue an executive order. Please provide proof such a condition exist.

Please provide the context into which Obama supposedly said he didn't have the authority to do what he did. I believe he said in the SOTU he didn't have the authority to pass some things but the ones he did, he was going to do so, or some words to that effect.

Congress has refused to act on immigration so the President did, if they object, they should get serious and pass an immigration reform bill.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 11:57 am
@revelette2,
I was explaining the difference between what Reagan did vs what Obama did on immigration. Reagan signed his EO to amend part of the law that was passed by Congress a few years before. Bush sr. did the same thing. Obama had nothing to work with and just signed an order based on what he wanted. Once again Reagan and Bush did no such thing.

http://www.factcheck.org/2014/11/obamas-actions-same-as-past-presidents/

Fact check did an article on the differences between what Obama has done and what Reagan and Bush Sr. did. You can read it for yourself. Every single EO they signed on immigration was in relation to the 1986 immigration law passed by Congress and signed Reagan. When Bush Sr. saw that it wasn't covering everything it should have, Congress passed another immigration law in 1990 expanding on the 1986 immigration law and included the EO's by both Reagan and Bush Sr. as part of it's writing.

Quote:
Please provide the context into Obama supposedly said he didn't have the authority to do what he did.

http://www.factcheck.org/2014/11/obamas-immigration-amnesia/

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2014/dec/05/michael-mccaul/michael-mccaul-says-obama-said-over-20-times-he-la/
RABEL222

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 12:14 pm
@Baldimo,
So all I get are your bull shyt opinions. I was sure that was all I'd get.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 12:30 pm
@RABEL222,
You should really read the post directly above yours. Are you always so short sighted?
RABEL222

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 12:53 pm
@Baldimo,
Once again, in your opinion, not in mine which has just as much relevance as yours.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 12:56 pm
@RABEL222,
Proof of what Reagan did vs what Obama did isn't opinion, those are facts. What Obama did was make a law. Reagan amended the 1986 Immigration law to expand who it covered. Once again that isn't opinion, that is fact.

Unless you have some facts that go against what I'm saying?
RABEL222

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 01:09 pm
@Baldimo,
It wasent there when I posted. But why does the sites you posted have any importance to the argument? He found that he had more power than he thought after talking with his many federal lawyers and acted on the presidential powers he had. If their illegal the Supreme Court will once again change the law according to what the religious ultra-conservatives want.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 01:21 pm
@Baldimo,
Gosh!! I thought you said the president couldent stray from the letter of the law passed. If Raygun "amended" a law passed by congress than he was changing the law using his presidential powers which you say Obama cant do. So raygun broke the law by not following it as passed by congress. Your argument is that if he is a republican president he can break any laws he wants to but a democrat has no more authority than congress gives him. What happened to separation of powers?
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 01:22 pm
@RABEL222,
Rabel...what Baldimo is actually saying is: If Reagan and Bush did it...it is okay. If Obama did it...it isn't.

The fact that there are structural differences in what was done...is truly not important to him. He is only interested in making Obama wrong. If the matter were totally reversed and Reagan and Bush had done what Obama has done...and Obama had done what Reagan and Bush did...he would have the same complaint against Obama...and would pursue it with as much enthusiasm as he is displaying here.

By trying to be reasonable with him...you are, as we used to say, pissing into the wind.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 01:25 pm
@RABEL222,
The claim was made by you and others that what Obama did was no different then what Reagan and Bush Sr. did. I have proven that false. I have also proven that Obama said he didn't have the power and he said it many times.

He did it because he wanted to, that's why he did it after the election and not before the election. I think he even said prior to the election that if the GOP won he was going to pass an EO on immigration. It was pure politics that benefits no one and is only going to make Obama look bad. Just as the court did with his recess appointments to the Consumer Protection board.

What does religion have to do with this discussion? Nothing, it's just another cheap parting shot from someone who has been proven wrong.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 01:25 pm
@Baldimo,
There are differences but that in itself does not mean Obama did not have the authority issue the immigration order. There is no law that says a bill has to proceed an executive order. The problems Obama addressed are those present in our current immigration system and it is to that in which he refers to being like past Presidential actions. Obama does not have the authority to change immigration legal status and with his executive order he did not do so. In 2010 he was asked by immigration advocates to "act alone on providing legal status for the undocumented." (from your own link)

Quote:
Following up on immigration — in 2010, when asked by immigration reform advocates to stop deportations and act alone on providing legal status for the undocumented, you said, “I’m President, I’m not king. I can’t do these things just by myself.”

So in this, from what I can see, factcheck got it wrong, they are not infallible. He was asked to provide legal status for the undocumented and his executive order does not do that, so his position has not changed as he clearly addressed in Brisbane, Australia.

He said as well that if congress passes a bill, he will crumble up his orders and sign in.

Quote:
PRESIDENT OBAMA:Well, actually, my position hasn’t changed.When I was talking to the advocates, their interest was in me, through executive action, duplicating the legislation that was stalled in Congress.And getting a comprehensive deal of the sort that is in the Senate legislation, for example, does extend beyond my legal authorities.There are certain things I cannot do.There are certain limits to what falls within the realm of prosecutorial discretion in terms of how we apply existing immigration laws.

And what we’ve continued to do is to talk to Office of Legal Counsel that’s responsible for telling us what the rules are, what the scope of our operations are, and determining where it is appropriate for us to say we’re not going to deport 11 million people.On the other hand, we’ve got severe resource constraints right now at the border not in apprehending people, but in processing and having enough immigration judges and so forth.And so what’s within our authority to do in reallocating resources and reprioritizing since we can’t do everything.And it’s on that basis that I’ll be making a decision about any executive actions that I might take.

I will repeat what I have said before:There is a very simple solution to this perception that somehow I’m exercising too much executive authority.Pass a bill I can sign on this issue.If Congress passes a law that solves our border problems, improves our legal immigration system, and provides a pathway for the 11 million people who are here working in our kitchens, working in farms, making beds in hotels, everybody knows they’re there, we’re not going to deport all of them.We’d like to see them being able, out in the open, to pay their taxes, pay a penalty, get right with the law.Give me a bill that addresses those issues -- I’ll be the first one to sign it and, metaphorically, I’ll crumple up whatever executive actions that we take and we’ll toss them in the wastebasket, because we will now have a law that addresses these issues.

source
Baldimo

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 03:16 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:
There are differences but that in itself does not mean Obama did not have the authority issue the immigration order.

True, but the excuse that you and others on this site have used for him doing it was that Reagan and Bush Sr. had both do it. That is wrong, which makes you guys wrong as well.

Quote:
Obama does not have the authority to change immigration legal status and with his executive order he did not do so.

Are you sure about that? He granted them the ability to work and to not be deported. In order to work in the US you are suppose to have legal status. Granting them the ability to work grants them a form of legal status. That has nothing to do with enforcement or deferment of deportation.

revelette2

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 05:11 pm
@Baldimo,
I haven't used that excuse. I have said as President he has the authority to issue executive orders.

On the site you provided on the factcheck article, it said the order didn't grant legal status.

Quote:
Obama’s action would not permanently change a person’s immigration status and would not provide a pathway to citizenship

your source
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
coldjoint

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 07:21 pm
Quote:
DHS Secretary Can’t Cite Any Law Authorizing Obama To Give Illegal Aliens Social Security Numbers…

Quote:
CNSNews.com asked Johnson: “A federal court in Texas v. United States has said giving an illegal alien a Social Security Number is not an act of prosecutorial discretion. What specific law gives the president the authority to give a Social Security Number to a foreign national in the country illegally?”

Good question. Of course no answer.

http://linkis.com/weaselzippers.us/215/28mxc
0 Replies