Update! Asks me out after rejecting promposal

mandophon

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 07:44 pm
@Ragman,
I was thinking of mini golf and dinner. I'm not really good at it as far as I can remember, the last time I played it was when I was seven or nine. That would be something that I can joke around I guess.

But heres another issue that I have and I do this with everybody. In the event that she does say yes, say we sorted out that we're going to mini golf and then dinner. Do I text her to follow up and tell her the prices and stuff? Even with my bro friends when we go airsofting, I literally text them two or three times over phone and fb in total, telling them the prices and what they need to price. It's like OCD but not as bad. How should I handle that?????
ossobuco

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 07:59 pm
@mandophon,
You're asking her on out, I'd think you'd be paying. Thus coffee (etc) and a walk around.

But, I'm not up to date on what teens do now re paying.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 08:03 pm
@mandophon,
dude! When you ask someone out, you should offer to pay. This is not like hanging out with guy friends.
mandophon

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 08:33 pm
@Ragman,
Oh **** I just realized I forgot about that! So I pay for everything that we're doing basically.

Jesus, thank god it was embrassing here...could you imagine if it happened on the date...

ugh, shows just how socially retarded I am when it comes to these things...
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 08:34 pm
@mandophon,
mandophon wrote:

ight, no mentioning the past.

******** Hows this. " Hey *girls name, I'd like to take you out to a movie and dinner this weekend, would that interest you?"

then if she says shes interested, then I ask her which day works for her better.

(******) man, that's what a girl friend of mine came up with...and I was going in pieces...what a f*cking idiot...

Like others have already said...YOU pay for this date!!!!

If a guy asked me out for the first time, and then later texted me prices, I'd be WTF? I wouldn't put it past me to just text back saying forget the whole thing. It isn't being cheap, it's the fact if a gentleman (you) asks a lady out, you are TAKING her on a date. This is definately not hanging with the guys.
Some other time she's treat you.

Also, as said, you are Waaaaaay overthinking this.

Also, as I suggested, don't ask her if she's interested in going out....that gives her the option of saying no, as the choices are yes, or no.

You say "We talked about going out (statement). Would Saturday or Sunday be better for you for mini-golf and a movie?"

Also, knock it off about how you last played mini-golf when you were 6 and you sucked at it. You're not 6 years old anymore. I think you can handle taping the ball into the dinosaurs mouth.

chai(who doesn't like mini-golf and a movie?)Tea

This is the mini golf about a mile from my house. It's rockin' 7 days a week.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmI5PmpJi52g1WyR_zYCruJiOQq-KLYk9ybG-n633C_Sl3Xkt7

https://d2nh4f9cbhlobh.cloudfront.net/_uploads/images/FF_MiniGolfParty_LoRes_JP_MG_2936.JPG
mandophon

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 08:39 pm
@chai2,
jesus christ, I'm ******* retarded...

Ya, since that's like miles away, I think I settle for this one lol
http://www.puttingedge.com/location/oakville
chai2

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 08:46 pm
@mandophon,
You're not retarded.

Just overthinking it.

I think I'm going to get into the mini golf business, they rack the money in it looks like.
mandophon

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 09:02 pm
@chai2,
When I see her tomorrow after my spare, should I just go straight to the question (serious) or be lighten the mood first?

My friend said to get straight to the point. idk, does that feel too...aggressive?
Ragman

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 09:19 pm
@mandophon,
Rolling up the sleeves here. What do you think we're going to tell you about over-thinking this? Lighten up on yourself. I'd hate to be your stomach right now. Doesn't it hurt?
mandophon

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 09:25 pm
@Ragman,
feels like an alien bursting from it yes. I'll tell you guys how it goes tomorrow...

honestly, when it comes to the date, I always UNDERTHINK.

ironic isn't it?
Ragman

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 09:34 pm
@mandophon,
I wish you good luck and keep the good energy. Pls keep us informed.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 09:38 pm
@mandophon,
don't forget skating - perfect this time of year - head to Harbourfront
0 Replies

mandophon

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 10:21 am
@chai2,
I asked her out!

though I was still nervous, I managed to pull it off without stuttering like an idiot. She was leaving class with a girl friend of hers. I said “hey, *girls name, can I talk to you.” She said. “Ya sure,” and said bye to her friend. I said sorry for being a pussy yesterday. She said “Omg * my name, stop being so silly!” so I asked her if she was avliable this Saturday or Sunday and she said…”you realise prom is still months away right?” I told her that this wasn’t for prom but im taking you out. She pauses for a second here and then says. “we still have to work together.” I shrugged and I asked if she knew where the minigolf place was and she said ya. I told her we could go there and catch a movie or dinner after that. She pauses for a moment and then says “I’m free Saturday I THINK BUT NO GURATENEES!” I said yep no worries and she said that she’d text me.
Better than the first time but you think that’s a go or a no go?
chai2

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 10:55 am
@mandophon,
You siliver tongued devil you!

(btw, see how she reacted to your saying "sorry" again? It's over and done with, drop it)
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 11:37 am
Quote:
Mandophon said: I asked a co worker to prom att he beginning of our shift, she said no but she asked me out at the end of our shift

Perhaps she just don't like proms? You could have immediately followed up with "Well shall we go somewhere else then, how about going to feed the ducks ?", or "shall we stroll round the mall?"

And when she asked you out at the end of the shift, you definitely goofed by saying No.
mandophon

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 12:34 pm
@chai2,
I did the best I could honestly.
Ya I see what you mean now. So I guess all I have to do now is wait for her text I guess, give her some space to think. I obviously hope she says yes but idk my chances seem...meh.

mandophon

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 12:36 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
see this is what I don't get. If she asks me to do something for valentines, it's either out of pity or she likes me so what I don't get is that why was she so unsure when I did ask her out? you know what I mean???

ugh, man this feels just as hard as studying for finals...
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 02:02 pm
@mandophon,
Jesus Christ, would you ******* stop being so hard on yourself?

You did fine, good, splendid, great.
mandophon

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 03:36 pm
@chai2,
I think I should give her some space to think about it. If she doesn't text me back, you reckon I should bring it up with her or just pretend that I never asked her out?
chai2

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 05:19 pm
@mandophon,
That's it, you're a troll.

I'm not responding any more.