hawkeye10

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 07:28 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
I don't see young people smoking nearly as much as even a decade ago.
they know better than to do it in the open.
chai2

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 07:40 pm
@hawkeye10,
When I say young people, I meant people in their late teens to mid 20's.
chai2

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 07:47 pm
@chai2,
Anyway, if real kids are going to smoke, I'd think they'd know better than to Not do it in their, or friends houses, where it could be smelled.

You don't **** where you eat.

If a kid and his kid friends want to smoke, all they have to do is walk a few blocks from the house. It's not like there's some neighborhood watch of Gladys Kravitz's with all the kids mothers phone numbers on their speed dials

http://www.findadeath.com/funstuff/Kravitz/AlicePearce.JPG
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 07:52 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

When I say young people, I meant people in their late teens to mid 20's.

do you think people of this age are just fine with open public condemnation? Usually it take getting to the late 40's or early fifties before the give a **** breaks.

People feel just fine (blessed in fact) being rude assholes towards smokers, abusive even.

check out starting at 2:00

chai2

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 08:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
Nice try at trying to change tactics by pulling something completely unrelated out of your ass.

One second you're thinking I'm talking about kids, when I let you know I wasn't, and that anyway even kids would be smarter than to smoke indoors. Somehow you bring up "public condemnation"?

In any event, I don't think young adults are particulary approached with the "fake coughing" thing Bill did (which was a pretty stupid part of that video), or would care anyway.

I think younger adults are too smart in general to take up the habit nowadays, as evidenced by the fact fewer are doing it.

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 08:44 pm
@chai2,
With all the young people I know who smoke hookah and pot I dont put much faith in the alleged decline of youth smoking. I tend to think that they are simply smart enough to smoke in privacy, and thus avoid all of the unpleasantness, and keep quite about it when nosy people come round asking invasive questions.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 10:18 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
Actually, it's down to 18%

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/06/18/smoking-rate-for-adults-declines-cdc-report-shows/2434525/

Even better, from the article link....

Increases in cigarette prices reduce smoking rates significantly, especially for adolescents. A 10% price increase can cut overall cigarette consumption in young adults by about 4%, according to the CDC.

States with more restrictive limits on teenagers purchasing tobacco also have lower adult smoking rates, especially among women, according to a Washington University study published in the American Journal of Public Health on June 13.

-----
So there were about 46 million smokers, now there's about 45 million smokers.
It is seldom that I encounter cigarette smoke now.
It used to be everywhere, very commonly, thru maybe the 1980s.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 05:31 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Sugar, chocolate and alcohol are fine in moderation. Tobacco is not. People do need to exhibit some form of self-moderation.

Hey, we agree!
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 05:33 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:

My own order of preference:
1. Rite Aid
2. Duane Reade
3. Walgreens
4. CVS

Is Duane your local pot dealer?
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 05:35 pm
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
Surely one could smoke a cigarette once in a while and not get lung cancer.

I doubt it. It is an addictive drug.
chai2

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 06:59 pm
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

Quote:
Surely one could smoke a cigarette once in a while and not get lung cancer.

I doubt it. It is an addictive drug.

Not encouraging anyone to smoke, but I have known people (just a few) who seem to manage just the occassional cig.

My mother for instance. Every night at the 10pm news, she'd settle back in her arm chair, put up her feet and have her one cigarette of the day, and smoked maybe half of it. When my father quit, she just stopped because there weren't smokes around the house any more.
JTT

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 07:17 pm
@chai2,
She maybe never inhaled. I've seen puffers like that.
chai2

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 07:21 pm
@JTT,
No, she inhaled.

I remember asking her to do that dragon lady blowing the smoke out her nose. I thought that was great.

She was good with smoke rings too, and you have to inhale to do that.
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 07:39 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
She was good with smoke rings too, and you have to inhale to do that.

No, you don't.

As a cigar smoker, I don't inhale. And I can blow smoke rings.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 07:49 pm
@chai2,
Neither smoke thru the nose or smoke rings require inhaling, Chai, but you'd know best as to whether she inhaled or not.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 08:16 pm
What is he feeling about "e" cigarettes? The one criticism I heard is that one is still ingesting nicotine, which smooths the way for the smoker to switch to real cigarettes.
katedavis

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 01:45 am
@chai2,
Hey Hi, m Kate from NJ, USA, just joined this forum & looking to find more friends online, I work at a cloud storage company & dreaming to make it big some day, WOahh!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 02:03 am
@katedavis,
katedavis wrote:
Hey Hi, m Kate from NJ, USA, just joined this forum & looking to find more friends online,
I work at a cloud storage company & dreaming to make it big some day, WOahh!
Hi, Kate, WELCOME to the forum!!!
I hope that u will make it a lot bigger than u ever thought of!

Live in BEAUTY!

David
From NYC
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 12:37 pm
@katedavis,
Be sure to check out the Christie thread. We could use your first-hand observations.
0 Replies

Tretinoin

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 01:56 am
i like this post
0 Replies