Ted Kennedy: Off the deep end ... again

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 05:00 pm
No, Foxfyre I've no qualm with your statement and was responding to that of Jarlnian Del'Axle, third son of Yvonnel Baenre, leader of Bregan D'Aerthe who thinks said conditional statement had been met without so much as a whit of legally sound evidence upon which to make that claim.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 05:21 pm
Well then, so long as you have no qualms. Smile
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 07:16 pm
I'm trying to figure out why Suzy - Kennedy apologist extraordinaire - posted the text of Teddy's pathetic explanation of his actions in a context that included this aside

Quote:
- Kennedy put aside the prepared text. He folded his hands, looked directly into the camera and appeared to continue the speech extemporaneously. However, large cue cards picking up the text of the speech were held up out of camera range. The Senator continued...

I don't know, but I would have thought that a truly contrite person would not have even considered using a slick trick like this, one designed to make himself appear in a more favorable light.

I suppose it's tough to make any sort of certain legal determination relative to Ted's actions that night, but a lot less tough than trying to assert the world is a better place for his existence.

It's also fairly amazing that anyone would try to compare the circumstance of Ms Kopechne's death with the deaths of servicemen in Iraq. Maybe Suzy can refresh my memory on how at least 50% of the American people supported Ted's decision to drive off of that bridge.

I have to admit, though, that I do get a laugh out of seeing that gin blossom garden he calls a face swelling like a bloated tick, whenever he tries to bellow out some would be inspiring paean to Kerry, or attack against Bush. I wonder if Howard Dean was using him as a role model that fateful night in Iowa.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 08:33 pm
Oh Boy, it's my old pal Finn!
"I'm trying to figure out why Suzy - Kennedy apologist extraordinaire " ..blah blah...

I thought it made sense to post what he said, since everyone is discussing the incident. Not in your world?

Call me an apologist if you like, I don't think I am, and I've certainly explained my position well enough already.

I got the "press conference" from a "hate Kennedy" website, so I don't know if the cue card thing is even true, but in such an important meeting, I'd be afraid of forgetting to say something I felt was important. Many public speakers employ similar tactics. Big deal.

"I suppose it's tough to make any sort of certain legal determination relative to Ted's actions that night, but a lot less tough than trying to assert the world is a better place for his existence."

Nope, not tough at all! Just the facts. T'was easy!

"Maybe Suzy can refresh my memory on how at least 50% of the American people supported Ted's decision to drive off of that bridge."

I don't remember getting a vote, and the reasons for the unnecessary war were lies. Where've you been?

Death toll

Let's see:
Kennedy-1 (accidental)
Bush- thousands (on purpose)
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 03:05 pm
I think the article sheds a different light on the subject. Although the story is a bit convoluted, at least now I know that he has at least admitted his guilt and he gave the voters a chance to judge him.

Since everyone is making guesses without really knowing, I'll go ahead and mine.

I think he may have indeed been carrying on with the female that died that night and he may very well have been drinking. He may have tried to save her and seeing that he couldn't he probably panicked and went back home and from there they all probably decided how best to handle the incident. No one knows what goes on inside of him, but I can't imagine that he just shrugs the whole thing off.

However since he admitted his crime and the voters gave him another chance, I feel that he has done a lot of good for the country.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 09:42 pm
suzy wrote:
Many public speakers employ similar tactics. Big deal.

When they speak about an incident where their actions may have lead to the death of a young woman? If he was worried about not reading his prepared words correctly, why not just stick to the note cards?

suzy wrote:
Nope, not tough at all! Just the facts (...that Ted has made this a better world). T'was easy!

And those facts are?

What great deeds has Kennedy done? What causes has he championed that no one else would have if he were not here?

We don't know how long Ms Kopechne's life would have been, but we do know that if Ted were not around, there's a damned good chance she would have made it beyond that night.

suzy wrote:
I don't remember getting a vote, and the reasons for the unnecessary war were lies. Where've you been?

You got a vote in 2000. Your guy didn't win.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 09:48 pm
Jeez, didn't you read the previous posts? I listed some of his accomplishments already, things that very likely would NOT have occured without him. Also his penchant for being able to garner bipartisan support for many of his bills. And the fact that he received an honor from president bush, and was invited to the white house by bush baby. even THEY see the reality of how important Ted Kennedy has been.
I feel sorry about MaryJo, but it doesn't change the facts. For all I know, her parents even vote for him.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 08:43 pm
I have a picture in my office of Ted Kennedy with my father and a couple of other guys I've never attempted to identify. he and my father disliked each other intensely. My father worked for the Quakers as a prisoner's rights advocate, and was not appreciated by the "ultra-Liberal" Kennedy.
Smile
0 Replies