Ted Kennedy: Off the deep end ... again

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 10:21 am
I disagree, but that's not the point. The point is that people here are making accusations about which they have not a shred of proof and don't seem to care.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 10:23 am
WARNING: I do not believe the following observation at all, it is said in jest.

Sure he has a defense Fox. She was going to tell the world of their intimate relationship, and he believed that would do him more damage than killing her, so he ran off the road purposely.

Seriously, maybe as they drove toward the bridge she mentioned how nice it would be to go for a swim, and he obliged her.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 10:44 am
Craven there is no proof that Kennedy was drunk except for the empirical evidence in the testimony of the valet who did not want to give Kennedy his car keys and offered to drive him and testimony of other guests that Kennedy was drinking before he and Kopechne left just minutes before he drove off the bridge.

But if he was sober when they left and he waited 10 hours to report the accident, that would not be criminal negligence. That would be murder.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 10:48 am
Coastalrat Smile
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 10:56 am
Foxfyre wrote:
Coastalrat Smile

Sometimes I just can't help myself.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 11:00 am
http://www.ytedk.com/chapter1.htm#alcohol

http://www.ytedk.com/intro.htm
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 11:01 am
Hey There!

As someone from Massachusetts, I must defend our senior Senator. He serves us constituents very well.

He may be a bastard, but he is our bastard.

Mock all you will. He is in the Senate and you are not. We like him and plan to keep him there.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 11:04 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Hey There!

As someone from Massachusetts, I must defend our senior Senator. He serves us constituents very well.

He may be a bastard, but he is our bastard.

Mock all you will. He is in the Senate and you are not. We like him and plan to keep him there.

Hey, I agree. He must be doing something y'all up there agree with. If not, northerners are dumber than I thought. Kinda like us South Carolinians and Strom Thurmond. He was an old geezer, but he was our old geezer. In fact, I think there may be a movement to dig him up and send him back to Washington to replace Fritz.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 11:11 am
And I live 50 miles from our state capital that had a mayoral election not all that long ago. Among the numerous candidates running was a gal who claimed to be channeling the spirit of a dead artist and, if she was elected, it would be the artist serving and not her. And she got votes.

So I guess Ted Kennedy as the senior senator of Massachusetts isn't all that wierd. But I do think he got a pass on something any other politician would have been hung for.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 11:15 am
We get a few massholes driving around over here and I sometimes doubt their intelligence. Not all of them of course. There are many, many bright people living in Massachusetts.

Besides, with the Hildabeast as our senator, NY is hardly a fine representation of high intelligence either.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 11:22 am
ebrown_p- I would not have thought anything different. In Massachussetts, it is positively de rigueur to practically canonize anyone whose name just happens to be Kennedy. Laughing
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 11:23 am
Foxfyre,

Now you have crossed the line of taste with these unfounded accusations.

Are you saying that Ted Kennedy isn't hung? How would you possibly know this?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 11:26 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
ebrown_p- I would not have thought anything different. In Massachussetts, it is positively de rigueur to practically canonize anyone whose name just happens to be Kennedy. Laughing

I (and I believe many of us here) support Ted Kennedy because he stands up for the things we believe in. He is a very good spokesman for us. Because of this we are willing to overlook his past.

A Senator's job is to represent his constiuents. He does this well.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 11:29 am
McGentrix- Remember the "Hildabeast" (boy, that moniker is perfect), was not a born and bred New Yorker.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 11:32 am
Ahh yes, "hildabeast". I guess some like character assasination and demonization (literally) in politics more so than others.

http://www.hilldabeast.com/
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 11:33 am
That will be President Hildabeast to you...
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 11:35 am
ebrown writes:
Quote:
I (and I believe many of us here) support Ted Kennedy because he stands up for the things we believe in. He is a very good spokesman for us. Because of this we are willing to overlook his past.

A Senator's job is to represent his constiuents. He does this well.

Well, 'we' all use the editorial 'we' from time to time, but my regular on line bridge partner, a contractor and businessman from the Cape Cod area, thinks Ted doesn't represent him at all. So even Massachusetts has at least one good conservative. Smile
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 11:38 am
Quote:
That will be President Hildabeast to you...

That remark reminds me of an old joke:

Give me an example of mixed emotions.........

My mother in law going over a cliff in my new Cadillac (I told you that it was an OLD joke! Laughing )
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 11:40 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
McGentrix- Remember the "Hildabeast" (boy, that moniker is perfect), was not a born and bred New Yorker.

that just reaffirms my position that NYers may not be the brightest bunch. Those of us who know better just barely make up for "those" people.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 11:55 am
If Hillary was president the world would be safe for democracy AND there wouldn't be one dead soldier coming home in a box....(goes and gets bulletproof vest)
0 Replies