Ted Kennedy: Off the deep end ... again

McGentrix

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 12:12 pm
True, they wouldn't be coming home. They would already be here when the terrorists continue striking American targets.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 12:14 pm
Didn't she sign off on the Iraq invasion?
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 12:16 pm
panzade wrote:
If Hillary was president the world would be safe for democracy AND there wouldn't be one dead soldier coming home in a box....(goes and gets bulletproof vest)

You may be right. Of course, we would still be trying to sweet talk Saddam into letting weapons inspectors do their jobs. Our planes would still be dodging missiles while patroling the UN sanctioned no-fly zones. Saddam would still be killing his own people (but at least it would not be Americans). He would still be paying the families of suicide bombers for killing innocent civilians in Israel. And we would still have nearly 3,000 dead from 9/11. And our government's response probably would not have been much different than the way we responded to the Cole bombing or our embassy bombing. Yes, what a much better world this would be if Hillary were president.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 12:18 pm
If he actually did what you all claim, then that was pretty horrible. I just like the views he holds important enough to go after so if I lived in that state I would vote for him for that.

Besides the fact that he has not owned up to that awful act of cowardness and paid for it, how do you get that he has not learned his lesson? Is he still running around drunk leaving young women to die?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 12:21 pm
Brand X, yes she did. And then immediately condemned GWB for doing it.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 12:28 pm
Dare I say it? Why are you so sure we'd still have 3,000 dead on 9/11? I believe Hillary would've been smart enough to accept the overwhelming evidence that terrorists were going to strike through the air. (I believe)
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 12:38 pm
No. She wouldn't. You shouldn't be so daring.

But, by some weird convergence she "would've been smart enough to accept the overwhelming evidence that terrorists were going to strike through the air" what was she to do?
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 12:40 pm
revel wrote:
If he actually did what you all claim, then that was pretty horrible. I just like the views he holds important enough to go after so if I lived in that state I would vote for him for that.

Besides the fact that he has not owned up to that awful act of cowardness and paid for it, how do you get that he has not learned his lesson? Is he still running around drunk leaving young women to die?

And I think that is one difference between many (I did not say all) democrats and many (again, did not say all) republicans. As long as he is fighting for what you believe in you can look past any moral or legal failures in a politician and vote for him anyway. (At least you feel this way as long as it is a democrat we are talking about.) I cannot. I think someone who wants to lead must be worthy of that leadership. Ted fails this test in my book based on his actions that night.
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 12:41 pm
Hey, that's a great website! Laughing

http://www.hilldabeast.com/images/hitlery_priceless.jpg

The other NY Senator is Chuckie Schumer who is just as bad. You just have to shake your head and ask "What were people thinking when they entered the voting booth?" And the same question applies to Ted.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 12:49 pm
McGentrix wrote:
No. She wouldn't. You shouldn't be so daring.

But, by some weird convergence she "would've been smart enough to accept the overwhelming evidence that terrorists were going to strike through the air" what was she to do?

I know!!! Maybe she could have jumped on the plane and attempted to personally thwart the hijackers, thus proving she is not only the smartest woman in America but also the bravest. Very Happy
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 12:50 pm
I still want the 2008 presidential candidates to be Condoleeza Rice vs Hillary Clinton. That would be the most fun campaign in my lifetime. Can't you just see the media squirm?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 12:57 pm
Yeah and one day he'll be braggin that he shook the presidents hand. The senseless killing and invasions and terrorism won't stop until the "fairer sex" gets a share of power all over the world. Yeah I know, Marg Thatcher was the dragon lady but she was playing to the mens club.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 01:01 pm
Actually when you think of all the female monarchs and heads of states since the middle ages, the women have been just as militant as the men when it comes to national interests.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 01:10 pm
Like I said about Thatcher, no choice in the boys club.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 04:27 pm
Sorry Mr T, didn't mean to stifle the mud throwing at Mr. Kennedy. Y'all carry on.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 04:55 pm
I don't find it funny either, and I resent Phoenix's implication that we vote for Ted because his name is Kennedy, which is far from the truth. MA is one of the most well-educated states in the USA. We vote with our brains rather than vague memories and allegiances.
As for the Nixon and Clinton "murder" comparison, well, Ted was never president, so that's a rather moot point.
My thought is that the patriarch of the Kennedy family ruled with an iron fist; we already know this. He raised his boys to be presidents. In those days, as civilians, they were scared to death to do anything without consulting with him or Rose first, including reporting a car accident with a possible fatality.
Ted Kennedy is not the same man today, and I believe he has paid his dues and has served his country very well.
The first lady is a "murderer" as well. I don't think she went to jail either!
And Hilary will make a great president some day! Smile
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 05:24 pm
Right on sistah!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 05:36 pm
Quote:
The first lady is a "murderer" as well. I don't think she went to jail either!

The first lady was involved in a tragic accident. She did not leave the scene.

Quote:
An abbreviated version of the report concluded neither Douglas or Bush could be blamed for the accident, the Post reported.

http://www.bartcop.com/pickles.htm
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 05:37 pm
So what has Kennedy done for you scoffers?
Here's the short list:
Some of Ted's accomplishments as a US Senator: Civil-rights legislation. Minimum-wage bills. Healthcare advances. Meals on Wheels. The vote for eighteen-year-olds. Elimination of the poll tax. Diplomatic pressure on apartheid South Africa. Expansion of democracy in Latin America, Chile most especially, and airline deregulation, which he spearheaded, and the ending of parole in the federal prison system. A $1 billion AIDS research bill passed in 1988 on which Kennedy and Orrin Hatch teamed up against Jesse Helms.
All these facts of American political life, and many others, bear Kennedy's stamp, in ways large and small, and most passed with a serving of bipartisan cooperation that would surprise those who haven't followed Kennedy's career closely.
Kennedy is one of few who can get bi-partisan support. Don't forget that without his support, Bush wouldn't have gotten his "No child left behind" passed, either. In other words, Ted Kennedy has made not just this country, but the world a better place.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 05:38 pm
Yes, a tragic accident.
0 Replies