Can An Internet Connection Become Real Love?

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 11:46 am
Is it possible to meet someone....while not actively looking.... of the opposite sex and make a very strong connection with them, first via the internet, exchanging photos, then through telephone conversations? Is it possible to form such a consuming and strong bond with a person and feel a deep sexual attraction for someone you have never seen face to face?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,825 • Replies: 77
No top replies

Eva

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 11:53 am
Of course it's possible. However, the attraction may disappear when you do meet face to face.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 11:59 am
Doglover, you're talking about me, aren't you? I knew I shouldn't have met you in the A2K broom closet this weekend. :wink:
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 12:41 pm
haha! Laughing
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 12:44 pm
I sent a picture?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 12:50 pm
Right, dys, but I'm not of the opposite sex! Shocked
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 12:59 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 01:14 pm
Boy I hope so. So many hearts skip a beat whenever they run across Gus. I know, you think he's just a decrepit old man. But you should have seen him hammer away on the harmonica in his younger days! Women, near and far, stood no chance to meet him until the Internet was invented.

http://www.christophermonti.com/pics/cmonti.jpg
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 01:19 pm
Doglover,

Your idea is very plausible. I don't think that it plays out in reality any more often than does a hollywood ending, however, it happens everyday and there are a lot of smiling couples out there because it does...once in awhile even the hollywood endings play out Wink
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 01:38 pm
kickycan wrote:
Doglover, you're talking about me, aren't you? I knew I shouldn't have met you in the A2K broom closet this weekend. :wink:

kicky baby, you swept me off my feet!
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 01:40 pm
dyslexia wrote:
I sent a picture?

No you didn't dys. I'm in love with your mind and your abundant knowledge of music. :wink:
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 01:42 pm
Jer wrote:
Doglover,

Your idea is very plausible. I don't think that it plays out in reality any more often than does a hollywood ending, however, it happens everyday and there are a lot of smiling couples out there because it does...once in awhile even the hollywood endings play out Wink

Thanks for the laughs guys, but I'm really struggling with this situation. Is it possible to have more than one 'soul mate'?
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 01:57 pm
I don't believe in "soul mates" as an exclusive thing.

There are millions of absolutely amazing people on earth that one could have an amazing relationship with (they'd all just be a little different). So I don't think that a "soul mate" is likely.

I do believe that people regularly find a "sole mate" and then they marry. That's what monogamy is all about.

As far as people who share our core beliefs and values, who resonate with us, there are likely many. People clicking is a wonderful thing and needn't be exclusive.

Lots of people choose monogamy and then end up getting to know one person better than anyone else, which generally brings them closer, but I think that's a result of familiarity rather than an alignment of "souls" or there only being one person out there for you.

My two cents...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 02:09 pm
I have two sole mates, one for each foot.
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 02:10 pm
gotta love dr. scholls! Wink
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 02:48 pm
Quote:

Oh no way . . . i've never hear of anything so ridiculous . . .
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 02:54 pm
Setanta wrote:
Quote:

Oh no way . . . i've never hear of anything so ridiculous . . .

How can you say that, Setanta? I've chatted one on one with many people. Some are jerks, some are nice. I've never become close with any of them except this one gentlemen. My heart races even when we are chatting via IM's. Our personalities click. We are not exactly alike, though. He's a conservative republican and, well, you know what I am. LOL! He says he feels the same about me. I'm just feeling very confused right now. We both wish we had met years ago. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 03:36 pm
Setanta's pulling yer leg, d'lover - his young lady is an A2Ker; they met on a different Internet forum that existed before we did.

PS Yes, it can happen, sure it can. Do keep in mind, though, that feelings can be intensified and everything online seems to hurtle along a lot faster than life offline. And, as was said above, things may change if you meet. That's the acid test, meeting someone.
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 03:36 pm
jespah's wise.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 03:44 pm
Well, I crack wise.

Thank you. :-D Embarrassed
0 Replies