Medicinal Marijuana - Is Bush a moron for opposing it?

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 01:18 am
Virtually every medical study done found that marijuana is the most effective treatment for various terminal illnesses.

People suffering from severly debilitating diseases could live far better lives if allowed to take even small doses of marijuana.

Marijuana is not addictive in any way shape or form.

It is well known that marijuana is far less harmful than alcohol, cigarrettes or tobbacoo.

So why is Bush dictating what doctors can prescribe to their patients?

What medical qualification does Bush have to prevent docotors from doing their jobs?

Edit:

As infowarrior put it... Bush is attempting to take on a "victim of cancer, MS, HIV or glaucoma in the eye and play moral arbiter.

But moral arbiter is the role most conservatives enjoy most."

Worse yet, Bush is telling doctors how to do their jobs.

If a doctor believes that marijuana is the most effective and least addictive/harmful treatment for a disease (as virtually every medical study done on the subject has proven), then they deserve to be able to give patients that treatment.

Who the heck is Bush to tell them that they can't?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 11,548 • Replies: 186
No top replies

pistoff

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 01:31 am
Facts
There is plenty of evidence that GW Bush is anything but a "compasionate conservative". He is a callous, shallow, sociopath only interested in self.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 01:33 am
He's a moron-period.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 01:42 am
Re: Medicinal Marijuana - Is Bush a moron for opposing it?
In Oregon both medical Marijuana and Dr. Assisted suicide are legal, but Bush tried to put the doctors who practice those issues in prison. It's funny, they want to give more power to the states but when it comes to something like medicinal marijuana, assisted suicide or gay marriage Bush wants to take away the states power...

So only give power to the states if they do what you want them to...
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 01:49 am
Grrrr
GW Bush is shallow, vindictive, small minded, sociopath and a HYPOCRITE!
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 01:51 am
Re: Grrrr
pistoff wrote:
GW Bush is shallow, vindictive, small minded, sociopath and a HYPOCRITE!

Don't hold back your feelings now Laughing
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 02:47 am
Short
That was my short list!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 03:41 am
Personally, I think that his attitude is a reaction formation to the times in his life when he was less than judicious in his use of "substances". I really resent that people have to suffer in order for our president to work through his own personal emotional conflicts!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 04:41 am
Yep - he's a moron for opposing it.

Next?
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 06:17 am
btw
I support decriminalization of MJ 100%.

The least this Govt could do is allow MDs to prescribe it to their patients who they deem could benefit from it's medical use.
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 06:21 am
I'm all for legalizing drugs. I don't do drugs, but I'm pro-natural selection/population control. I say let people do what they want, especially if marijuana can help with an illness--let them have it. Why not?

In Switzerland, there is a building in the middle of the town where people can go to do drugs. They can do it, and everyone will know who they are. I thought that was rather interesting (if its true).
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 06:31 am
Ahh, if only cocaine could cure nearsightedness and shallow thoughts, Dubya would be right behind it.
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 08:03 am
It's a true testimony to the cruel soul of all conservatives who could look a victim of cancer, MS, HIV or glaucoma in the eye and play moral arbiter.

But moral arbiter is the role most conservatives enjoy most.

In the end, all that matters is this: the Feds oppose any legalizing of marijuana (medical or recreational) because the alcohol lobby is writing big checks to US lawmakers.

Does anyone seriously think the $100 billion dollar a year alcohol industry wants to share space with pot usage? Please!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 08:09 am
Dwell 0n this the die hard republicans are all for reelecting him. Are they any brighter than he is?
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 08:11 am
I can only think of one: John McCain. The rest should be flushed!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 08:25 am
au1929 wrote:
Dwell 0n this the die hard republicans are all for reelecting him. Are they any brighter than he is?

No.
0 Replies

Deecups36

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 09:26 am
cavfancier,

LOL! True, true, true!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 10:35 am
Those on this thread seem to all or mostly condemn the president for not giving the right to legalize drugs or for doctor assisted suicide to the states. But you do not want the president to give the states the right to set their policies on abortion, affirmative action, logging, drilling for oil, or a dozen other isues. So let's be intellectually honest here. You want the freedom to be given for something you want, but if it is something you oppose, then it is okay to restrict the freedom.

Just to set the record straight, George W. Bush does not personally think marijuana for medical purposes is the way to go--any reputable doctor will tell you there are other drugs that are more effective and less toxic than marijuana.

But GWB strongly supports the right of states to decide for themselves whether to legalize marijuana for medical purposes.

http://www.mpp.org/news/dmn102099.html
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 10:42 am
If memory serves his justice department aka Ashcroft is in the forefront of those fighting to prohibit it. As for Bush that dip **** who can believe what he says.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 11:08 am
au1929 wrote:
As for Bush that dip **** who can believe what he says.

A few other dip shits.
0 Replies