Democrats Are Risking Political Damnation

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 11:08 pm
blatham, I don't see christianity as anything close to being Lubbock, Texas, but you gotta admit that much of Bush's following are from the christian right. Some are able to separate their religion from their politics, but a president that continues to seek legislation that mirrors teachings from the bible doesn't seem to cause many believers to voice their disapproval.
0 Replies

mporter

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 11:31 pm
If I may, I would like to add that President Clinton set out on his own Jihad on December 18th when he ordered missles to bomb Baghdad. President Clinton was quite clear in his speech that day. He viewed Saddam Hussein as a menace who would someday released destruction on his neighbors in the form of Weapons of Military Destruction. As a moderate, I believe that President Bush and his advisors have made some rather serious missteps. However, at this time it appears that the alternative candidate does not support a withdrawal from Iraq either.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 06:14 am
Quote:
However, at this time it appears that the alternative candidate does not support a withdrawal from Iraq either.

Kerry supports turning over all authority to the UN. We can't just take all our troops home, that would be a complete disaster now that there are terrorist from all over the world in Iraq which bush dared them to come in his famous "bring em on" line, not to mention all the turf wars going on with the various groups.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 06:32 am
What did Powell say? If you invade Iraq you own it or something to that effect. We invaded, forced a regime change or better still left it without a viable government. We cannot not pull out until there is a working and sustainable government in place. Bush may have made the mess but no matter who is elected president he cannot shirk that responsibility.
0 Replies