Left-wing America now stands alone

JTT

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 01:18 pm
@MontereyJack,
Did you witness their outrageous actions, Jack? I'm sure Izzy and Firefly think they were doing something dandy with their panoply of lies.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 01:20 pm
@JTT,
Have you read BillRM's posts over the years, JTT? I fail to see how you can defend him.
JTT

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 01:28 pm
@MontereyJack,
Read Izzy and Firefly's despicable attempt and then ask me again, Jack.
Izzy starts in about the middle of the page, below, and he never stops.

http://able2know.org/topic/229416-29#post-5537290
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 01:29 pm
World leaders in action!
(Assorted politicians and delegates etc, I'm glad nobody at A2K is like them)

SOMALIA
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/CMSF/somali-fight.jpg

UKRAINE 1
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/CMSF/ukraine-fight.jpg

UKRAINE 2
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/CMSF/ukraine-fight2.jpg

TURKEY
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/CMSF/turkey-fight.jpg

SOUTH KOREA
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/CMSF/sKorea-fight.jpg

MEXICO
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/CMSF/mex-fight.jpg

ITALY
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/CMSF/italy-fight.jpg

GREECE
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ExIS/greek-punch.jpg
JTT

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 01:38 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You are presenting fluff,Romeo. Have you read MJ's posts yet? They address in a direct and honest manner much of what you and I discuss. To so studiously avoid such pointed and pertinent discussion does not reflect well on your person.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 02:29 pm
@MontereyJack,
You got that right, if Pamela Rosa's lapdog doesn't like me, I'm definitely on the side of the angels.
Advocate

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 03:51 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You got that right, if Pamela Rosa's lapdog doesn't like me, I'm definitely on the side of the angels.

I'm an admirer of Pamela. You think it is wrong for her to document violent acts of black on white racism. That is stupid.
JTT

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 04:09 pm
@izzythepush,
Angels don't lie like there's no tomorrow, IzzytheLiar. Have you apologized to Bill yet?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 04:21 pm
Quote:
JTT said: Have you read MJ's posts yet? They address in a direct and honest manner much of what you and I discuss. To so studiously avoid such pointed and pertinent discussion does not reflect well on your person.

No offence mate but I told you I don't believe that America has got terror training camps, so i'm not going to bother reading it..Smile
izzythepush

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 04:21 pm
@Advocate,
You're an admirer of the biggest racist on A2k because you're a racist with potty training issues.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 04:27 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You're an admirer of the biggest racist on A2k because you're a racist with potty training issues.

Arrogant kettle meet arrogant pot.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 04:28 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I'll never understand why a person would want to go thru life swaddling themself in ignorance. Here's one of your own, describing the same thing with, horror of horrors, FACTS.

----------------------------------------

Backyard terrorism

The US has been training terrorists at a camp in Georgia for years - and it's still at it
Tuesday 30 October 2001 02.11 GMT

George Monbiot

"If any government sponsors the outlaws and killers of innocents," George Bush announced on the day he began bombing Afghanistan, "they have become outlaws and murderers themselves. And they will take that lonely path at their own peril." I'm glad he said "any government", as there's one which, though it has yet to be identified as a sponsor of terrorism, requires his urgent attention.
For the past 55 years it has been running a terrorist training camp, whose victims massively outnumber the people killed by the attack on New York, the embassy bombings and the other atrocities laid, rightly or wrongly, at al-Qaida's door. The camp is called the Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation, or Whisc. It is based in Fort Benning, Georgia, and it is funded by Mr Bush's government.
Until January this year, Whisc was called the "School of the Americas", or SOA. Since 1946, SOA has trained more than 60,000 Latin American soldiers and policemen. Among its graduates are many of the continent's most notorious torturers, mass murderers, dictators and state terrorists. As hundreds of pages of documentation compiled by the pressure group SOA Watch show, Latin America has been ripped apart by its alumni.
In June this year, Colonel Byron Lima Estrada, once a student at the school, was convicted in Guatemala City of murdering Bishop Juan Gerardi in 1998. Gerardi was killed because he had helped to write a report on the atrocities committed by Guatemala's D-2, the military intelligence agency run by Lima Estrada with the help of two other SOA graduates. D-2 coordinated the "anti-insurgency" campaign which obliterated 448 Mayan Indian villages, and murdered tens of thousands of their people. Forty per cent of the cabinet ministers who served the genocidal regimes of Lucas Garcia, Rios Montt and Mejia Victores studied at the School of the Americas.
In 1993, the United Nations truth commission on El Salvador named the army officers who had committed the worst atrocities of the civil war. Two-thirds of them had been trained at the School of the Americas. Among them were Roberto D'Aubuisson, the leader of El Salvador's death squads; the men who killed Archbishop Oscar Romero; and 19 of the 26 soldiers who murdered the Jesuit priests in 1989. In Chile, the school's graduates ran both Augusto Pinochet's secret police and his three principal concentration camps. One of them helped to murder Orlando Letelier and Ronni Moffit in Washington DC in 1976.
Argentina's dictators Roberto Viola and Leopoldo Galtieri, Panama's Manuel Noriega and Omar Torrijos, Peru's Juan Velasco Alvarado and Ecuador's Guillermo Rodriguez all benefited from the school's instruction. So did the leader of the Grupo Colina death squad in Fujimori's Peru; four of the five officers who ran the infamous Battalion 3-16 in Honduras (which controlled the death squads there in the 1980s) and the commander responsible for the 1994 Ocosingo massacre in Mexico.
All this, the school's defenders insist, is ancient history. But SOA graduates are also involved in the dirty war now being waged, with US support, in Colombia. In 1999 the US State Department's report on human rights named two SOA graduates as the murderers of the peace commissioner, Alex Lopera. Last year, Human Rights Watch revealed that seven former pupils are running paramilitary groups there and have commissioned kidnappings, disappearances, murders and massacres. In February this year an SOA graduate in Colombia was convicted of complicity in the torture and killing of 30 peasants by paramilitaries. The school is now drawing more of its students from Colombia than from any other country.
The FBI defines terrorism as "violent acts... intended to intimidate or coerce a civilian population, influence the policy of a government, or affect the conduct of a government", which is a precise description of the activities of SOA's graduates. But how can we be sure that their alma mater has had any part in this? Well, in 1996, the US government was forced to release seven of the school's training manuals. Among other top tips for terrorists, they recommended blackmail, torture, execution and the arrest of witnesses' relatives.
Last year, partly as a result of the campaign run by SOA Watch, several US congressmen tried to shut the school down. They were defeated by 10 votes. Instead, the House of Representatives voted to close it and then immediately reopen it under a different name. So, just as Windscale turned into Sellafield in the hope of parrying public memory, the School of the Americas washed its hands of the past by renaming itself Whisc. As the school's Colonel Mark Morgan informed the Department of Defense just before the vote in Congress: "Some of your bosses have told us that they can't support anything with the name 'School of the Americas' on it. Our proposal addresses this concern. It changes the name." Paul Coverdell, the Georgia senator who had fought to save the school, told the papers that the changes were "basically cosmetic".
But visit Whisc's website and you'll see that the School of the Americas has been all but excised from the record. Even the page marked "History" fails to mention it. Whisc's courses, it tells us, "cover a broad spectrum of relevant areas, such as operational planning for peace operations; disaster relief; civil-military operations; tactical planning and execution of counter drug operations".
Several pages describe its human rights initiatives. But, though they account for almost the entire training programme, combat and commando techniques, counter-insurgency and interrogation aren't mentioned. Nor is the fact that Whisc's "peace" and "human rights" options were also offered by SOA in the hope of appeasing Congress and preserving its budget: but hardly any of the students chose to take them.
We can't expect this terrorist training camp to reform itself: after all, it refuses even to acknowledge that it has a past, let alone to learn from it. So, given that the evidence linking the school to continuing atrocities in Latin America is rather stronger than the evidence linking the al-Qaida training camps to the attack on New York, what should we do about the "evil-doers" in Fort Benning, Georgia?
Well, we could urge our governments to apply full diplomatic pressure, and to seek the extradition of the school's commanders for trial on charges of complicity in crimes against humanity. Alternatively, we could demand that our governments attack the United States, bombing its military installations, cities and airports in the hope of overthrowing its unelected government and replacing it with a new administration overseen by the UN. In case this proposal proves unpopular with the American people, we could win their hearts and minds by dropping naan bread and dried curry in plastic bags stamped with the Afghan flag.
JTT

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 04:30 pm
@JTT,
Link for the previous article.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/oct/30/afghanistan.terrorism19
coldjoint

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 04:31 pm
@JTT,
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/oct/30/afghanistan.terrorism19

The Guardian is a piece of liberal Jew hating garbage.
JTT

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 04:45 pm
@coldjoint,
You really do have lots of trouble with the truth, cj.

But you don't have any problem at all with exhibiting just what a simpleton you are.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 04:48 pm
JTT mate, as I said earlier, I did skim through the American "terror training camp" article and soon saw flaws in it, so i never took it seriously.
For example here's a bit from it-

"The US has been training terrorists at a camp in Georgia for years - and it's still at it Tuesday 30 October 2001 02.11 GMT
For the past 55 years it has been running a terrorist training camp, The camp is called the Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation, or Whisc. It is based in Fort Benning, Georgia, and it is funded by Mr Bush's government"

For a start the article is 12 years out of date.
Secondly it's simply a Security training camp.
Thirdly Bush kept the American homeland terror-free after 9/11 and he also rounded up Saddam on his watch, so he and his Security training staff deserve a medal..Smile

Some Bush quotes-
"This is war. Somebody's gonna pay"
"Countries that harbor terrorists are as guilty as they are"
"Give us the terrorists or we'll come and get 'em"
"America will never seek a permission slip to defend herself"
"A soft line toward terror is not gonna happen on my watch"
"My job is to secure the homeland and thats exactly what i'm gonna do"
"We will not sit back and wait to be hit again"
JTT

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 04:56 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You're looking at it backwards, Brandon. SOA and WHINSEC trained the military, security forces, and police forces of a number of the worst Central and South American governments--dictators, autocratic, extreme right wing, in up-to-date tactics of interrogation and "counter insurgency" without any concern for who those gtovernments thought worthy of interrogation or whether or not those non-democratic governments had any legitimacy. And those goverments we supported through training, in practice thought their "enemies" were nuns, priests, teachers, journalists, peasants, the poor, union organizers, and social activists, and yes, children, like the many poor children killed by police death squads in the favela shanty towns of Brazil.

from Wikipedia: (emphasis added)
Quote:
The Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation (WHINSEC), formerly known as[1][2] the US Army School of the Americas, is a United States Department of Defense Institute located at Fort Benning near Columbus, Georgia, that provides military training to government personnel of Latin American countries.

The school was founded in 1946 and from 1961 was assigned the specific goal of teaching "anti-communist counterinsurgency training," a role which it would fulfill for the rest of the Cold War.[3] In this period, it educated several Latin American dictators, generations of their military and, during the 1980s, included the uses of torture in its curriculum.[4][5] In 2000/2001, the institute was renamed to WHINSEC.[6][7]:233

The US Army School of the Americas was founded in 1946. From 1961 (during the Kennedy administration), the School was assigned the specific Cold War goal of teaching "anti-communist" counterinsurgency training to military personnel of Latin American countries.[3] At the time and in those places, "communists" was, in the words of anthropologist Lesley Gill, "... an enormously elastic category that could accommodate almost any critic of the status quo."[7]:10
During this period, Colombia supplied the largest number of students from any client country.[7]:17 As the Cold War drew to a close around 1990, United States foreign policy shifted focus from "anti-communism" to the War on Drugs, with narcoguerillas replacing "communists".[7]:10 This term was later replaced by "the more ominous sounding 'terrorist'".[7]:10

In 1999, the School of the Americas website said in its FAQ section, "Many of the [School′s] critics supported Marxism -- Liberation Theology -- in Latin America -- which was defeated with the assistance of the U.S. Army."[3]

WHINSEC[edit]By 2000 the School of the Americas was under increasing criticism in the United States for training students who later participated in undemocratic governments and committed human rights abuses. In 2000 Congress, through the FY01 National Defense Act, withdrew the Secretary of the Army's authority to operate USARSA.[8]

The next year, WHINSEC was founded as a successor institute. U.S. Army Maj. Joseph Blair, a former director of instruction at the school, said in 2002 that "there are no substantive changes besides the name. [...] They teach the identical courses that I taught and changed the course names and use the same manuals."[1]

But in 2013 researcher Ruth Blakeley concluded after interviews with WHINSEC personnel and anti-SOA/WHINSEC protesters that "there was considerable transparency [...] established after the transition from SOA to WHINSEC" and that "a much more rigorous human rights training program was in place than in any other US military institution".[9]

Participation[edit]In 2004, Venezuela ceased all training of its soldiers at WHINSEC[10] after a long period of chilling relations between the United States and Venezuela. On March 28, 2006, the government of Argentina, headed by President Néstor Kirchner, decided to stop sending soldiers to train at WHINSEC, and the government of Uruguay affirmed that it would continue its current policy of not sending soldiers to WHINSEC.[11][12]

In 2007, Óscar Arias, president of Costa Rica, decided to stop sending Costa Rican police to the WHINSEC, although he later reneged, saying the training would be beneficial for counter-narcotics operations. Costa Rica has no military but has sent some 2,600 police officers to the school.[13] Bolivian President Evo Morales formally announced on February 18, 2008, that he would not send Bolivian military or police officers to WHINSEC.[14] In 2012, President Rafael Correa announced that Ecuador would withdraw all their troops from the military school at Ft. Benning, citing links to human rights violations.[15]

In 2005 a bill to abolish the institute, with 134 cosponsors, was introduced to the House Armed Services Committee.[16] In June 2007, the McGovern/Lewis Amendment to shut off funding for the Institute failed by six votes.[17] This effort to close the Institute was endorsed by the nonpartisan Council on Hemispheric Affairs, which described the Institute as a "black eye" for America.[18]

Criticism of WHINSEC[edit]Human rights violations by graduates[edit]WHINSEC has been criticized for human rights violations performed by former students of its predecessor, the School of the Americas.[1][29][30]

According to the Center for International Policy, "The School of the Americas had been questioned for years, as it trained many military personnel before and during the years of the 'national security doctrine' – the dirty war years in the Southern Cone and the civil war years in Central America – in which the armed forces within several Latin American countries ruled or had disproportionate government influence and committed serious human rights violations in those countries."[citation needed] SOA and WHINSEC graduates continue to surface in news reports regarding both current human rights cases and new reports.

Defenders argue that today the curriculum includes human rights,[31] but according to Human Rights Watch, "training alone, even when it includes human rights instruction, does not prevent human rights abuses."[29]

On the lessons taught at the School, former SoA direction of instruction Maj. Joseph Blair said, "The doctrine that was taught was that if you want information you use physical abuse, you use false imprisonment, you use threats to family members, you use virtually any method necessary to get what you want... [including torture] and killing. If there's someone you don't want you kill them. If you can't get the information you want, if you can't get that person to shut up or to stop what they're doing you simply assassinate them, and you assassinate them with one of your death squads."[32]
"Sources at the [US Army School of the Americas] say that when Honduran and Colombian soldiers go through the urban-combat exercise with blanks in their weapons, half the time the village priest (played by a US Army chaplain) is killed or roughed up," Newsweek reported.[33]

On September 20, 1996, the Pentagon was forced to release training manuals that were used at the US Army School of the Americas and distributed to thousands of military officers from eleven South and Central American countries, including Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, and Panama, where the US military was heavily involved in counterinsurgency. These manuals advocated targeting civilians, extrajudicial executions, torture, false imprisonment, and extortion.[34][35][36]
In "Teaching Human Rights Violations", a Washington Post editorial commented on its report, "US instructed Latins on Executions, Torture", "The US Army advocacy of terror methods reaches far beyond the question of whether or not the US Army School of the Americas ought to be shut down {"Army Instructed Latins on Executions, Torture", front page, Sept. 21}. It has to do with US complicity in human rights crimes."[5]

In "School of the Dictators", the editors of The New York Times commented, "Americans can now read for themselves some of the noxious lessons the United States Army taught to thousands of Latin American military and police officers at the School of the Americas during the 1980s. A training manual recently released by the Pentagon recommended interrogation techniques like torture, execution, blackmail and arresting the relatives of those being questioned. Such practices, which some of the school's graduates enthusiastically applied once they returned home, violate basic human rights and the Army's own rules of procedure. They also defy the professed goals of American foreign policy and foreign military training programs."[4]WHINSEC has said "that no school should be held accountable for the actions of its graduates."[31]

I think that pretty thoroughly makes the case. We were in bed with some thoroughly rotten people, who thought nothing of killing wholesale their own citizens.
1 Reply

Previous • Post: # 5,540,361 • Nextoralloy

-1 REPLYREPORT Thu 2 Jan, 2014 08:03 pm
@MontereyJack,
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 05:04 pm
JTT's article quote from paragraph 3- "The school was founded in 1946 and from 1961 was assigned the specific goal of teaching "anti-communist counterinsurgency training"
Sounds okay to me..Smile
Commie regimes are among the most brutal atrocity-committing mass-murdering dictatorships around so why shouldn't they have their asses kicked?
JTT

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 06:36 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Because it was all a lie, Romeo. It was a phony excuse used by the USA to install their more murderous right wing dictators just so the already filthy rich Americans could steal the wealth from the world's poor.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 12:13 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

JTT's article quote from paragraph 3- "The school was founded in 1946 and from 1961 was assigned the specific goal of teaching "anti-communist counterinsurgency training"
Sounds okay to me..Smile
Commie regimes are among the most brutal atrocity-committing
mass-murdering dictatorships around so why shouldn't they have their asses kicked?
Of course! The goal of communism was universal slavery.
It 'd have been permanent, with ever-increasing surveillance.
The nazis were hellish. The commies were worse.
0 Replies