Why would guys keep saying a females name?

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 06:28 pm
Is it odd for a man to text a woman & throughout whole conversation saying her name...Even at times twice in one sentence?

View best answer, chosen by lisa1471
Ceili

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 06:51 pm
@lisa1471,
Nope, that's his style.
lisa1471

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 06:52 pm
@Ceili,
Ok so no red flags then
chai2

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 07:02 pm
@lisa1471,
Are you feeling a red flag with this?

That's what counts.
lisa1471

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 08:47 pm
@chai2,
Well when I search that red flags and manipulation comes up but didn't know why.
chai2

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 08:49 pm
@lisa1471,
So, you have to do a good search to see if you have a bad gut about something?

I didn't ask what you searched, I asked you how you felt about it.
lisa1471

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 09:16 pm
@chai2,
Why you keep answering a question with another? I'm asking a question not to ne answering yours.have nothing to do how I feel.just asking g why would guys do that.your making federal case.
raprap

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 09:51 pm
Bob likes to say 'Bob' in every line of Bob's phrases--does that make Bob a strange Bob?

Bob (Rap)

maxdancona

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 11:06 pm
@lisa1471,
Lisa, people here are answering your question in two ways. Every one of us seems to agree that there is nothing inherently wrong with doing this. It is probably just a a quirk.

Chai is asking a valid question. Is there some other reason that you are feeling uncomfortable with this guy? Maybe there is something else...

No need to be defensive. You came here with a question and people are just trying to be helpful.

I would add that I don't see anything especially creepy with a guy who uses your name in texts.
lisa1471

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 05:44 am
@maxdancona,
No one is defensive but sayin I didn't ask what you search then don't bother answering.No its not answering with another question.in my question just ask why? There's no tale behind a question just answer or leave it alone
lisa1471

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 05:45 am
@raprap,
What about Bob? BOB LOL
hingehead

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 06:55 am
To me it is odd. Text is one to one. In a conversation if I included the other person's name in each sentence it would feel disconcerting to them I'm sure. If it it happened to me I think I'd feel like they were repeating my name to stop themselves from forgetting it.
jespah

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 08:22 am
Sales people do this all the time; it's to ingratiate themselves. I find it annoying, transparent and downright attempting to be manipulative.

Is his behavior giving off that sort of a vibe with you?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 08:24 am
@lisa1471,
lisa1471 wrote:

Why you keep answering a question with another? I'm asking a question not to ne answering yours.have nothing to do how I feel.just asking g why would guys do that.your making federal case.

It has nothing to do with how you feel?

It has everything to do with how you feel.

You wouldn't be coming on here, I don't believe, asking this if you didn't already sense something was off about this.

You need to go with what your gut is telling you about this, not mine or anyone elses.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 08:31 am
@lisa1471,
lisa1471 wrote:

No one is defensive but sayin I didn't ask what you search then don't bother answering.No its not answering with another question.in my question just ask why? There's no tale behind a question just answer or leave it alone

Nothing defensive at all!!!!
chai2

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 08:43 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

lisa1471 wrote:

Nothing defensive at all!!!!

I love it when people give practically the definition of a word in describing all the things that are making them "not" that.

BTW, in another thread someone said. "If there were proof, it wouldn't be called "believing.""

I love it.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 08:48 am
@lisa1471,
I know people who do this in face to face conversations, but in a text? Why waste the time and effort when it's a one-on-one connection?

A little odd, but unless it's coupled with other eccentricities, then let it go.

Does he stutter?

contrex

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 10:04 am
I can think of two ways to look at this question. To me it could mean:

1. Is it odd to keep using a girl's name repeatedly in a text message? I genuinely don't know. What do people think?

or it could mean:

2. I think it is odd to keep using a girl's name repeatedly in a text message. Do others agree?

In either case, but especially (2), my advice is "forget this guy - you're not into him enough", because if you were, you wouldn't be fannying around asking about his message writing style on a web forum, you'd be punching the air and shouting "YAY! He texted me!"
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 11:07 am
Quote:
Thread title: Why would guys keep saying a females name?

Depends what her name is, for example if it was sexy and feminine maybe he just likes saying it such as Lisa, Suzy, Jenny, Mandy, Lindy, Sheila, Rosie etc, but not if it was something like Gertrude, Nelly, Philomena, Abigail, Hermione, Gladys etc..Smile
lisa1471

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 02:58 pm
@hingehead,
Even if its someone that's used to texting you all the time? Not no one knew.
0 Replies