Why has she ceased speaking to me?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 06:15 pm
@JimmyJ,
Maybe she didn't agree with you on some subject (like evolution maybe) and you let her know how stupid you think she is.

I'm afraid I didn't read all six pages of posts, but I feel confident the consensus advice is to ask her what's up. If so, it's good advice.

JimmyJ

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 09:46 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
She's a biology major, so I'm confident she agrees with me on evolution, lol.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2013 11:50 pm
@JimmyJ,
Even biology majors believe in God.
JimmyJ

Reply Fri 20 Dec, 2013 01:41 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I never mentioned belief in god. I mentioned evolution (as did you).

You really must calm down and quit following me from thread-to-thread simply to attack me (though your attacks are mostly witless and without proper examination on your part).
JimmyJ

Reply Fri 20 Dec, 2013 01:42 am
@JimmyJ,
Just an update:

We've resumed communication in the last few days and my friend who spoke with her says she still likes me. All is good (as they say).
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2013 01:32 am
@JimmyJ,
Considering the level of your arrogance I can understand why you think I am "following" you, but the truth is I've posted in three of your threads and only because (for some totally inexplicable reason) they appeared in the "Popular" grouping.

You should thank me though. Someone needs to counter your self-absorbtion, although I suspect others (maybe even your girlfriend) have tried and you've remained clueless.

Clue: To the self-absorbed, all criticism seems witless and void of "proper examination." That last bit is a corker. Obviously anyone who finds fault with your argument must not have properly examined it. Right?

JimmyJ

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2013 02:21 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Typical response from someone who has nothing to contribute and/or wants to abandon his/her part in the argument.

I pointed out to you that I clearly never mentioned god after you accused me of doing so. You ignored this because you realized that you were wrong, but in your egocentric ways refused to admit this and proceeded to attempt another ill-conceived attack.

I'm noticing this trend from you in other threads as well. You really should learn to control your temper and argue/debate properly.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 10:19 am
@JimmyJ,
JimmyJ wrote:

I pointed out to you that I clearly never mentioned god after you accused me of doing so. You ignored this because you realized that you were wrong, but in your egocentric ways refused to admit this and proceeded to attempt another ill-conceived attack.

I ignored it because it was irrelevant. I never accused you of mentioning God.

I wrote "Even biology majors believe in God."

How that is an accusation, let alone one involving your mention of God, is beyond me.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 10:43 am
Quote:
JimmyJ said: One day we were studying together and what not and she randomly just said "bye" in a friendly voice and left (semi-rudely).

Women are like that mate, completely unfathomable. I once dated a woman and treated her as a polite gentleman should, but we soon split. She told me in a letter later that she wished I'd have been more "assertive" towards her, whatever that means.
Perhaps I should have taken Worf's advice-

chai2

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 10:54 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Maybe you should take the Captains advice. Wink
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 10:59 am
Yes I once dated another woman for a year, regularly getting invites round her place for meals with her and her teenage son and we all got on great but I could never figger her out. She was a divorcee and they had a nice house with a spare room, and I could have moved in as their lodger if I hadn't blown it..
What happened was that she'd undercooked the bacon one evening and it was like eating rubber, I'd been chewing it for 20 minutes and it still wouldn't go down. Then she nipped in the kitchen so I fished it out of my mouth when her son wasn't looking and slung it behind the settee for her cat but it wouldn't touch it.
I meant to pick it up later but I completely forgot about it and she must have found it after I'd gone home.
She never mentioned it, but she cooled off towards me after that and we eventually drifted apart, women can be very touchy at times..
0 Replies

JimmyJ

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 11:26 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
You posted here saying we disagreed on "evolution" and that was why she stopped talking to me. I pointed out to you that she was a Biology major and therefore by extension adheres to evolution.

You then said "even bio majors believe in god", as if it had any relevance whatsoever to the conversation, which it did not.

Just admit you're wrong and don't let it happen again.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 11:49 pm
@JimmyJ,
Obviously, I don't know one whit about her.

Stop being so anally literal.
JimmyJ

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 01:32 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Stop being so idiotic.
anonymously99

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 06:12 am
@JimmyJ,
You're sensitive JimmyJ. I wonder if she is aware. Some women don't like the sensitive side of a man to be shown immidiately. Some like their true self, the true side of a man to be what is shown to them. Then once the woman has fallen that's when you should be sensitive. The kissing, being affectionate toward one another, else more.. too soon.
A tip. Find yourself a woman online. Use about a year or so to exchange words with one another in some form. Email, phone, chat room, something similar, I feel the feelings would be more intense if you kept away from texting, calling one another. See one another online by cam, speak on the phone with one another/or don't speak on the phone, get to know one another very well, doing so for about a year then meet in person. After a year. Feelings should be strong, and should grow more intense. Then after the first time of meeting in person, ((of course by then at the very end before meeting the two of you would have had to exchanged numbers, spoke with one another on the phone by then, texted, etc.)), meet one another ever so often throughout the following year. Say by end of third year the two of you should have a good understanding of one another. Propose. Days later get married.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 11:01 am
@JimmyJ,
JimmyJ wrote:
I notice everyone on here was attempting to give helpful advice. I then came across your post and noticed that you were being a douche. Why is this?
I haven't a clue.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 11:10 am
Quote:
JimmyJ said: we finally did go on a few dates and we kissed and stuff and everything was good (this lasted about two weeks).
One day we were studying together and what not and she randomly just said "bye" in a friendly voice and left (semi-rudely).

Look on the bright side mate, at least she gave you 2 weeks before deciding you didn't shape up, she couldn't be fairer than that.
Was she a Christian? If so, she probably dumped you as soon as she found out you were an atheist..Wink
"What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?..Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord, I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters" (2 Cor 6:14-18 )
neologist

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 11:14 am
@glitterbag,
Wow! Great post!
0 Replies

JimmyJ

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 12:31 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Was she a Christian? If so, she probably dumped you as soon as she found out you were an atheist..

She knew I was an atheist from day one and didn't care. Not everyone is a hateful bigot like you, Romeo.

And she's since started talking to me again. I'm not really interested in her anymore, though, so I haven't been responding.
neologist

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 01:08 pm
@JimmyJ,
That answers a lot more questions than you probably realize.