I went on a first date. Now what?

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2014 10:45 pm
Dear readers,
I'm out in the dating scene once again. I went on a date with a 28 year old guy I met through some mutual friends. (I'm 24 btw) The date went great! We talked about everything and while listening to him I discovered we have so much in common as far as values, morals, and family life are concerned. Not to mention I like his easy going personality. We met around 730 for dinner and pretty much stood together until 1:30 a.m. There was no sex, no kissing, no touching. In fact, I found it respectable that he didn't even try to kiss me when the night ended (although a part of me questioned this since guys have typically in the past tried to kiss me right away) . He clearly stated he is looking for something long term/serious therefore he has become picky because he does not want to invest years or months of his life on a relationship that is not going to last. Understandable. At the end of the night he told me he had a good night and I told him I did as well. After going home I reflected back on the night and I concluded that I like him. We bonded even though I'm not sure that he knows I feel this way about him. The following day he messaged me. Good sign Smile It was brief on my end. I was tired and felt poopy so I didn't engage much in the message until he ended it by saying he was going to take a short nap. It's only been so many hours since then however I'm writing this because I need some dating advice. The last guy I was interested in it didn't work out for many reasons. I learned however some key lessons from my last date. With that in mind I don't want to make the same mistakes.
Granted my date and I have only been on one date....
I want something lasting also....so does any one have advice on Communication, flirting (but not playing games), how guys think and feel in general, and other general dating advice
Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,186 • Replies: 3
No top replies

anonymously99

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 02:45 am
@LiveLoughLaugh24,
I am one (1) of many, readers. I will give you some of me..

That sounds like a mess. I myself am not much for going out. I would rather stay in my home. But this is me now speaking based on my now mental situation. This internet thing has won me over.
If things were to ever get better for me mentally then I would do as needed and wait here as patient as I could for my man to come get me, I leave to be with him.

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 08:59 am
@LiveLoughLaugh24,
It is very, very early. Rein in your thoughts of 'what if'.

You went out, you're still in communications. So far, so good. Now sit back and see what happens.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 10:19 am
@LiveLoughLaugh24,
If you're truly in love with this woman. Then. Make her jealous. Do what you can to.
If she doesn't get jealous.. this all depends on her maturity level!.. then.
One) she's mature
Two) she was never, or is no longer attracted to you mentally and or physically
Three) may not want to waste her time with you no matter what you do by she ignoring you.
There may be other reasons.

Want to discover the level of her maturity level? Have someone call her crazy. Wink

If by chance one were to call me crazy, I would probably depending on where and how I'm sitting or what I'm doing at the time.. if couch then I after reading the statement would lay my head against the back of the couch holding my phone still or might put it down beside me I don't know say to myself in my head yeah you're probably right. I have multiple personalities, different moods etc.. there's no telling whether I would actually reply or not and if I did there's no telling what words I would use.
0 Replies