Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 08:48 pm
@anonymously99,
Too sexy!!
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 09:22 pm
@JimmyJ,
JimmyJ wrote:
This coming from someone who was schooled on basic Biologic principles by me in the other thread.... /facepalm
farmerman schools me. Setanta schools me. Steel sharpens steel. You are Swiss cheese.
anonymously99

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 09:24 pm
@neologist,
Missed you old friend.
JimmyJ

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 09:37 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
farmerman schools me. Setanta schools me. Steel sharpens steel. You are Swiss cheese.

School (verb): to educate

educate: to give instruction to

Biology: The science of life and living organisms

I SCHOOLED you in basic Biology by explaining some of the basic principles governing life to which you had no knowledge of.

I hope these definitions will help you to understand you've been schooled. No need to thank me.
neologist

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 09:37 pm
@anonymously99,
Been on a family retreat.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 09:40 pm
@JimmyJ,
Stay away from the rye bread and salami.
Most of the serious posters on this board can eat you alive.
I'd like to see your face when you finally figure it out.
anonymously99

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 11:20 pm
@neologist,
I'll never figure this out.
0 Replies

JimmyJ

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 12:22 am
@neologist,
Quote:
Stay away from the rye bread and salami.
Most of the serious posters on this board can eat you alive.
I'd like to see your face when you finally figure it out.

Too bad you aren't one of those people. You aren't even close. Any high school Biology student could school you.
anonymously99

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 12:38 am
@JimmyJ,
I am far too dumb to be educated.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 12:59 am
@JimmyJ,
JimmyJ wrote:
Too bad you aren't one of those people. You aren't even close. Any high school Biology student could school you.
As could any Rastafarian.
JimmyJ

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 01:33 am
@neologist,
Really? Rastafarians could educate you in Biology?

That explains why you don't know anything about it! Humpty Dumpty must have taught you your Biology.
neologist

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 02:49 am
@JimmyJ,
Read the posts again. I did not say any Rastafarian could school me in Biology. That's what you wish to believe I said.

However any Rastafarian could school me in his belief. I personally know a Wiccan who could school me in the occult and a Rosicrucian who could school me in Rosicrucianism. BTW, biology and evolution are not synonymous.

I know I can rely on farmer for a dispassionate (mostly) presentation of evolutionary research, putting the information on display instead of himself.

As an aside, I have no idea what Rastafarianism is about, except Gunga thinks it's a crock.
JimmyJ

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 02:53 am
@neologist,
Evolution is a basic principle of modern Biology and will be found with a mention in almost any basic Biology text book.

No matter how you wish to avoid it in support of your evidence-lacking belief, evolution is a key part of Biology and one couldn't hope to be successful in Biology without knowing it.
Germlat

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 08:33 am
@neologist,
Teachings in Science are not accepted as Science unless they are submitted to scrutiny under the Scientific process..this is the reason many schools of higher learning don't have national accreditation. Legal authorization to operate is not the same as educational accreditation . If you base your knowledge on something you cannot prove...it's not Science plain and simple.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 01:40 pm
@JimmyJ,
Among other things, so is anatomy.
Cranial nerves? I know 'em. Bones, muscles? Them too.
I got As in Biology and Chemistry and majored chemical engineering at Worcester Polytechnic Institute. I didn't get 800 on SATs, just close. So, I'm not a perfect genius. What can I say?
I'm a certified trainer. I understand the relationship between heavy workouts and natural anaerobics. Need to know how to develop your biceps? How about biceps femoris? I have a training plan for you. Need to increase your deadlift? I've done over 700.

Science has its place.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 03:49 pm
@neologist,
Well now you've done it. Any minute JimmyJ will return to tell you his pals in high school have accomplished more and have better credentials than you. What puzzles me is, if little Mr. Knowitall has access to all those Einsteins, why is he still coming here to slum it with folks he thinks are too dumb to tie their own shoes.

I actually know the answer, and so does everybody else age 30 and over. I know it's amusing, and he is easy pickings but he's become very predictable and boring. But still, hard to resist I admit.

Note to confused young man: the paragraph above is not the answer, just sharing with my fellow adults and wage earners.
neologist

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 05:26 pm
@glitterbag,
It's a lot like the kid standing outside the sports bar, hoping his new whiskers will fool the bouncer
anonymously99

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 05:36 pm
@neologist,
It is possible to read too much into things.
Germlat

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 05:38 pm
@anonymously99,
And it is possible to avoid the main thing!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 06:11 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

It's a lot like the kid standing outside the sports bar, hoping his new whiskers will fool the bouncer

Too funny