Why has she ceased speaking to me?

glitterbag

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2013 10:45 pm
@JimmyJ,
If you can hang on a bit, I have ordered a crystal ball and have a clairvoyant on hold so we can answer each unique question you ask, as you post and post. Maybe you should join Facebook, people get spun up all the time posting where they had lunch. If you can't find her, I don't know what type of powers you think the a2k members can conjure up. This isn't a voo doo site, it's a discussion forum. Best I can tell, is that all the posters tried to offer you suggestions which you airily dismissed as not helpful. I don't understand why this is so important to you, unless you are the type of guy who can't deal with the fact that maybe she just wasn't that in to you. If that's the case, get thee to a therapist.

Also, no one but you brought up junk details, perhaps you do have borderline personality disorder,
JimmyJ

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 04:02 am
@CoastalRat,
I expected that you'd simply answer the question in a non-condescending way and I wouldn't have to be defending myself with every post. That's why I didn't say anything. I said not only do I not WANT to contact her, I cannot contact her. Why do you need the reason for WHY I can't contact her? Why did I have to go out of my way to say I got a new phone? None of that was even mentioned or even relevant to the original post.
JimmyJ

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 04:04 am
@BillRM,
Because you have Facebook that means everyone in the world must have it?

There are 1.11 billion people using Facebook on the planet. There's about 7 billion total people on Earth. Your logic is ridiculous. I would expect someone of your seasoned years to be able to see the false-hood in your reason.
JimmyJ

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 04:06 am
@glitterbag,
Try re-reading ALL the posts in the discussion and you'll see that people ASKED for the more details (either by being condescending or straight up asking). All the details I originally wanted to provide for the question were in the very first post.

Perhaps she WASN'T that in to me. But the fact that she always initiated the talking and asked to hang out tells me otherwise. But she is a female (one of the great mysteries in the world), so that might just be the explanation.
0 Replies

JimmyJ

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 04:09 am
@Ragman,
I don't see why you (and several others whom I notice are all senior citizens) are being so rude about this. I thought I'd be able to get some sort of good insight here but so far only 1 or 2 of the people here have been actually even attempting to help me. The rest have just gotten frustrated because I didn't take "ask her" as an answer. If I had wanted to ask her I wouldn't be here, now would I? Why are you and 2-3 of the others here being so senile and asinine?
0 Replies

JimmyJ

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 04:12 am
Also, out of curiosity, what reason would I have for coming here and lying to any of you? Some of you have insinuated that I'm lying about any of this. I literally joined this forum for the sole purpose of asking that question. Why I would lie about any details makes no sense and would not grant me an honest answer from anyone because they'd have false information.

BillRM

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 04:41 am
@JimmyJ,
Quote:
Also, out of curiosity, what reason would I have for coming here and lying to any of you? Some of you have insinuated that I'm lying about any of this.

I am almost 100 percent sure you are lying as your story make zero sense new phone and all.

Why you are lying I have no idea in this world nor do I greatly care.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 04:49 am
@JimmyJ,
JimmyJ wrote:

I expected that you'd simply answer the question in a non-condescending way and I wouldn't have to be defending myself with every post. That's why I didn't say anything. I said not only do I not WANT to contact her, I cannot contact her. Why do you need the reason for WHY I can't contact her? Why did I have to go out of my way to say I got a new phone? None of that was even mentioned or even relevant to the original post.

Problem solved, "I said not only do I not WANT to contact her,". That's it in a nutshell. You can forget about it now.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 04:52 am
@JimmyJ,
Quote:
Your logic is ridiculous.

Facebook was born on college campuses first of all and next......

The likelihood of two college students without facebook in a time where a large percent of college professors used facebook as a means to communicate with their students is small.

Add that to the idea that someone would be so dumb as to not transfer his contact list from an old phone to a new phone or that in this day of search engines he could not find a means to contact another student on the same damn campus and the odds for whatever reason that you are lying approach near to a 100 percents.
JimmyJ

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 04:53 am
@BillRM,
That makes no statistical sense at all. You're 100% sure I'm lying?

I don't see how it doesn't make sense. Maybe you just don't understand.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 04:59 am
@JimmyJ,
JimmyJ wrote:

I don't see how it doesn't make sense. Maybe you just don't understand.

Maybe you should quit, while the quitting is good.
0 Replies

JimmyJ

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 05:00 am
@BillRM,
Facebook was born on college campuses.

^That was the only fact that you just listed in your post. It was born on college campuses like Harvard and Princeton lol...

That post proves how out of touch you really are with this day and age... No college professors use Facebook as a means of communication LOL. What on Earth are you talking about? What sort of joke of a professor would use Facebook to communicate with his students? We use Webcampus at my University and a specific emailing system for students through gmail. Using Facebook would be possibly the most unprofessional way and I'm sure there's a rule against it.

When I get a new phone it isn't because I just randomly felt I needed to spend 200$ (case and point, the phone I had before this one was an IPhone 3S that I've had since 2010). I get a new phone because the old one breaks. If the old one breaks your data usually can't be recovered.

This has literally just turned into a flame war for you. That's sad, because someone at your age should really be more mature than that. I came here to get some insights into the female mind so as to learn from my mistakes or at least get some sense of "why". I am relatively surprised by the hostility on a forum that advertises "experts who answer questions". What exactly are you an expert in? Being a jack ass?
BillRM

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 05:01 am
@JimmyJ,
Quote:
That makes no statistical sense at all. You're 100% sure I'm lying?

I think I used the term approach a 100 percents as a limit in fact so nearly that for everyday use it is a 100 percent so my question is why are you trying to play games with us.
JimmyJ

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 05:02 am
@BillRM,
Actually, you can find this same question on yahoo answers, ask, wiki, and many other pages. The only difference is that people actually respond on this forum (albeit in a negative and immature way).
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 05:14 am
@JimmyJ,
Quote:
No college professors use Facebook as a means of communication LOL.

Liar liar pant on fire.........

Quote:

http://www.facultyfocus.com/articles/edtech-news-and-trends/should-professors-use-facebook-to-communicate-with-students/

Nearly 85% of faculty have a Facebook account, two-thirds are on LinkedIn, and 50% are on Twitter according to research from Faculty Focus. But, professors’ use of social media shows we are behind the relationship curve when it comes to connecting with students. Only 32% have friended undergrad students and about half (55%) connect with some students after graduation. - See more at: http://www.facultyfocus.com/articles/edtech-news-and-trends/should-professors-use-facebook-to-communicate-with-students/#sthash.SlUnHK5G.dpuf

Quote:
I can see how instructors in large, survey courses with perhaps hundreds of students wouldn’t want to follow this advice. I wouldn’t either. But, most of us teaching in upper-level courses have students in a dedicated major with relatively high overlap with our interests. Faculty already on Facebook tend to post comments, articles, and highlights related to the discipline and that provides an instant connection with our students. This leads to the next reason to connect with students through social media. Fourth, the number one best way I’ve found to keep track of our graduates is through our Facebook group page for our major. We can post job openings, graduate news (like congrats on new positions), and activities within the major all in one place. A huge plus is that current students can connect with grads from prior years in the Facebook group for networking purposes. I’m sure you can still be an effective teacher without connecting with students on Facebook. I can also understand why some of my colleagues may not want to engage with students on social platforms. But, if you’re looking for a way to communicate with them the way they communicate, learn something about what’s going on in their lives, and to stay connected after they graduate, then inviting the class to join you on Facebook is a good start. Kirk Wakefield, Edwin W. Streetman professor of retail marketing, Hankamer School of Business, Baylor University. - See more at: http://www.facultyfocus.com/articles/edtech-news-and-trends/should-professors-use-facebook-to-communicate-with-students/#sthash.SlUnHK5G.dpuf[/
[/quote]
Quote:

http://blog.reyjunco.com/college-students-prefer-to-use-facebook-in-their-courses

One way to use Facebook as part of a course.
I encourage faculty members who want to integrate Facebook into their courses to set up a Facebook group and use the group to continue class discussions, allow students to ask questions, and encourage students to post and comment on class-related links (news articles, etc.). In a paper that will be published shortly, we make the case for faculty to actively participate in such groups to increase student involvement and improve course performance.

Ragman

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 06:23 am
@JimmyJ,
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 06:33 am
@JimmyJ,
Quote:
I said not only do I not WANT to contact her, I cannot contact her.
You make the quoted claim and yet you come here asking, basically, why she did what she did. If your post is true, the only thing any of us are left with is that you expect us to be mindreaders who can answer your questions. You do see that, right?

If you do not want to contact her, then you have wasted the time of everyone who read and responded to you, since contacting her is THE ONLY WAY to put your mind at ease. As I think someone else may have written, I think now we all have a better understanding of why she just walked away.
BillRM

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 07:01 am
@CoastalRat,
Quote:
If you do not want to contact her, then you have wasted the time of everyone

You forgotten the poor kid had lost her contact information and could not get into contact with her even if he wish to do so.

They go to the same campus but for some reason he never had taken a course in using search engines that for example had allowed me to find and contact old high school friends from 40 years ago let alone someone on the same campus!
glitterbag

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 09:39 am
I've read every single line of bullshit twice to see if I missed something. I didn't, so I am checking out. We senior citizens (who have skills you can't possibly conceive exist) don't have as much time left for navel gazing. Off with you youngster, go annoy your peers.
JimmyJ

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 01:00 pm
@BillRM,
Maybe they HAVE a Facebook account, but they do not use it as a means of communication with students. That is considered unprofessional (especially with undergrads). If you try to dispute this again I will go to all of my professor's syllabuses and post pictures of them here so you can see that nowhere they say "my Facebook is . . .". That's the most unprofessional thing ever. HAVING a Facebook account and using it to commune with your class are two different things.
0 Replies