THE SAMMICHES OF THE GODS . . .

McTag

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 11:36 pm
I put too much flavour (Am: flavor) in my sausage surprise last night.

I had a packet of venison and red wine sausages in the freezer, and I decided to braise them with onions, a favourite method of mine (fry to brown, add sliced onions and a few rasins, then some water and braise slowly until onions well cooked)

I put in some Worcester Relish to lift the flavour, but then I also added some mild curry powder, ground black pepper and chilli flakes.

The result was a bit too zingy, but I didn't get any complaints. A nice meal for a winter's evening.

I may put the leftovers in a sammich this morning.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 12:38 am
Missed this the first time around. Just read it all the way through. Drooling all over the keyboard.

Two of my favorites:

Corned beef, salami, and cole slaw on a Kaiser roll slathered in mustard.

Sardines (smooshed up), thinly slice onion and tomato on rye with mayo.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 11:51 am
Mmmm, smooshed sardines. I'd use the ones with Louisiana hot sauce and make that sourdough toast.. but the onions and tomato and mayo would be good.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 05:18 pm
My very favorite sandwich, the ultimate comfort food for me, is ham on rye, lettuce, and mayo. Sour pickle on the side. And the perfect egg cream.

Uh oh. Drooling again.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 11:13 pm
Flour tortilla drizzled with Jack Daniels Mustard, lettuce, Pepperjack Cheese and thinly sliced Roast Beef......Roll up and slice....Ummmm
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 11:16 pm
Classic Chicago Italian Beef, dripping wet....
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 08:05 am
Had thick slices of salami on toasted english muffin with a slather of mayo and a slice of prov this morning. Mmmm.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 08:28 am
Rockhead wrote:
Classic Chicago Italian Beef, dripping wet....

oohhh - you would love the roast beef po' boy at the Parkway Bakery in New Orleans.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 08:35 am
A Philly cheese steak, with pepperoncini slices , fried onions and ketchup. Must be on a crispy hard roll. Eaten with either Gramma Utz or Goods Potato chips (fried in real lard).

Keep 911 on speed dial.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 03:33 pm
Peameal bacon sammich:

Find a peameal, kill it, and remove the loin.

(Actually, you'd be better off just to get yourself a good Canajun back bacon roast, but i don't want to discourage the do-it-yourself crowd.)

Take a peameal bacon roast, about a half loin, which will be about 3 1/2 or 4 pounds (true "Canadian bacon" is "back bacon," which means the pork which is taken from the back loin of hogs). Sprinkle the roast with lemon or lime juice. Mix one quarter cup honey with one quarter cup prepared mustard (or any mustard of your choice--tonight i'm using prepared--yellow--mustard, but for a special treat, i'm using cinnamon honey), and coat the roast with this mixture. Place the roast in a roasting pan or oven casserole, cover, and put in an oven preheated to 350 degrees Farfennugen. Bake for about one hour, and then remove the cover for another 30 minutes (you might switch to the broiler for this last half hour). Allow to "rest" for about ten or fifteen minutes.

Then slice that sucker up, and place it on the bread of your choice with the condiments of your choice.

Finest kind ! ! !

(EDIT: I just garnished my roast with thinly-sliced "winter apples"--you know, the kind you keep around that get all wrinkly, but have that wonderful taste? They can be put on your sammich with the pork. I can hardly wait for sammich time ! ! !)
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2010 07:58 pm
Slices of heaven ... in sandwich form!
http://www.boston.com/video/viral_page/?/services/player/bcpid21962023001&bctid=275329410001
0 Replies