THE SAMMICHES OF THE GODS . . .

Setanta

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 04:23 pm
The sammiche is not only sublime food, it is a host of portable conveniencies, not the least of which is being the perfect standin'-over-the-sink-while-i-eat-'cause-then-they-ain't-no-dishes meal. Strange and hauntingly beautiful evocation of primal sammichenensis gobbleus have been crafted; an erstwhile acquaintance liked nothing so much as a baked-bean on raw white onion sammiches--all of the young ladies who invariably refused to go out with him commented upon his imagination. I have an obsession for liverwurst on wheat toast, lightly dusted with garlic or onion salt (the latter only if i can find the real mccoy, with the authentic chemical bouquet).

In a little known discovery of the early 1970's, an enameled mural panel was unearthed at Tappateepotitlspit, which clearly showed great strife caused by the refusal of the Colslatec peoples to share the secret of their "fire" bar-be-que sauce lead to widespread destruction, and may well account for the disappearance of so many Mayan cities. This correlates perfectly with the seeming depiction of a "pulled capybara" riot around a temple to the sun, which has puzzled ambitious alien visitation exploitation authors since such a panel was unearthed at Vandanikanschmandaniken in the jungle near Barra de Navidad in 1919.

At Nausecahcah in the Andes, elaborate bas reliefs show the Inca Llayamgonaslapaya walking in great regal state, followed by his Arch-Sammiche Bearer, the Lord High Horseradish Grater and the holiest of his coterie, the Eteranally Weeping Priest of the Pepper Seed Sauce. Many have pointed to the enormous cliff carvings there, only to say: "Maude, what the Hell is . . . rather, to say: "Behold, the vital condiments displayed in stone for the far off Gods, which man has carved in sign of his grief at their abandonment of us."

And, finally, who can ignore the significance of the myriad, giant stone Drive-up Window Clerk statues which litter Easter Island? The poignant dismay of Golden Archeologists when they established the fast-food obsession which lead those brave people to denude their island of wood to feed the insatiable maw of franchisees . . .

But you can judge for yourself. The most compelling evidence i've seen on-line to date is at Icantbelieveyouclickedthis.com[/color].

What's yer favorite sammiches ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 9,847 • Replies: 110
No top replies

pueo

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 04:35 pm
good topic, bookmarking.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 05:02 pm
Stonehenge was of course a pic -a nic set up for sammiches and brew. Then of course there was Hamomelet reciting the following: "Alas, poor Philly cheesesteak. I knew you well. Belch." Cyrano had a sammich basket attached to his face that he might indulge a partake or two. Sir Walter Raleigh threw his hoagie in a mud puddle that a fair lady might walk o'er it. Cav caters only the best peenut butter an pigs' feet in croisants.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 05:06 pm
Excellent scholarship Edgar . . .

. . . has anyone ever told you the story of Captain James T. Ki . . . i mean, Captain James Cooke, and Earl Sammich, an English resort property developer with a madcap condo-in-Hawaii scheme?
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 07:03 pm
would a californian spinach wrap stuffed with hummus and chopped tomato, cucumber, and green pepper count? (washed down with a cup
of assam tippy?)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 07:08 pm
No! Fried balogna, however, would.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 07:13 pm
Eeee, fried bologna!

Sounds good to me sp. And what about just a plain old BLT.
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 07:20 pm
Well, alright Roger, if we are not counting calories,
how about a fried cheese, bacon and banana
sammiche!!!!!! (and a double chocolate milkshake!)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 07:29 pm
Earl Sammich gave Cap'n Bligh the recipe for breadfruit pita pockets, I believe, Set. Which is why the Bounty set sail in 1492, bound for Pitcairn's luxurious resort and sammich shop. But Bligh ended up eating pigeon sammiches instead.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 07:32 pm
Thas' more like it, shepaints.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 07:34 pm
pigeon sammiches mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 08:06 pm
My favorite is the taco.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 10:13 pm
pueo wrote:
pigeon sammiches mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

How very owlish of you . . . although i suspect one does tire of mice after a while . . .
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 05:47 am
Well edgar, as much as I love peanut butter, pigs feet and croissants, I don't think I'd like them much all together. On the rare occasion that I cater sandwiches for corporate lunches, the list is closer to this, from my standard corporate lunch catering flyer:

Suggested Sandwich and Wrap Fillings

Classic twists including Free Range Egg Salad with Chives, Watercress; Tuna or Salmon Salad with House-made Mayo, celery, leaf lettuce; Angus Roast Beef with Arugula, horseradish Dijon, caramelized onions

Deluxe options including Lobster or Snow Crab With House-made Saffron Mayo, Boston Lettuce and Heirloom Tomatoes; Chicken or Turkey breast all ways (including herb grilled with greens, red onion relish; Tea-Smoked with Cranberry mayo and greens; Red-Miso BBQ with Asian Slaw; Lemongrass-Basil Chicken Mousse Pâté, Boston lettuce, Roasted Red Peppers; Chicken Tikka with Cucumber Raita, Sprouts) Vegetarian options including Marinated Grilled Italian Vegetables with Pea Shoots, White Bean and Roasted Garlic Purée; Grilled Mixed Wild Mushrooms with Goat Cheese, Baby Greens, Balsamic-Glazed Grilled Red Onions; Savory Poached Pear with Stilton or Brie, Arugula and Walnut Pesto

Ask about our wide variety of available breads and wraps

Now for me, the burger could possibly be the most versatile and tasty sammich invented.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 05:54 am
Join the fun:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=643071#643071
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 09:06 am
Cav
Did I mention the pig's feet are the pickled variety?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 09:14 am
mrs. hamburger's home-made apple jelly, with room temp swiss cheese on top, and crumbled bacon in the cheese holes. my favourite sandwich as a kid (on toasted sourdough, of course)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 09:31 am
I used to delight in making a sandwich using the heaviest layer imagineable of mustard on two slices of white, which I would dunk in milk. It was very tasty, though I haven't tried one in fifty years.
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 03:48 pm
I suppose it doesn't really classify as a sammiche
but I love Welsh rarebit!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 04:08 pm
A generous sheaf of paper-thin-sliced Virginia-cure ham, laden with considerable slabs of both Swiss and Cheddar cheeses, slathered with an authoritative stoneground mustard, between a couple thick slices of almost any peasant-style ryebread, buttered and griddle-toasted just to the melting point of the cheeses contained therein always gets my nod of approval. Alongside a nice cold brew and maybe a little garnish of lettuce, tomato, and onion ....

Damn. Don't go anywhere ... I'll be back in a few minutes.
0 Replies