Help with a riddle (MNI)

mtrimm

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 11:43 am
What about secret 18? Any info about it?
0 Replies

noise and kisses67

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 11:59 am
Anagram from Transigruation(sp?)
there are anagrams for homework

1) A MADE DUEL REPORT

2) I NON RACE

3) DEC PAYED MA'AM

4) A WILDEST HONS

5) THE TASK TO KEY

anyone have any ideas?
0 Replies

monkeyd

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 12:22 pm
If they are anagrams do a google search for internet anagram server (I'd post the direct link but I think the hosts of this baord might delete it like it was an ad). It's a website where you type in your letters and it will show all the word combinations possible for those letters. You can use the advance features to get more speciific if you need, but your first one comes with tons of results, so you'll have to sort through the results.
0 Replies

noise and kisses67

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 01:34 pm
0 Replies

cookie

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 06:21 pm
I'm so stuck on this question:
What is Ron's uncle called? Can anyone tell me what book to find it in? I'd like to look it up for myself... but I don't remember anything about an uncle...
0 Replies

Dumbledore

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 08:12 pm
Why not just type in "178" and you'll get it automatically rather than doing all the research...
0 Replies

cookie

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 08:32 pm
.... *is mad* I forgot I already got that secret... grrrrrrrrrr I didn't know it was the same one.but I woud still like to know what ron's uncle is called... I'm curious now...
0 Replies

Timthegreat

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 08:35 pm
Another Owl Question
Hey, guys I'm new here! I'm also quite new to MNI, but I've been pretty fast in getting the secrets! So far I've gotten secrets 11, 12, 13, 14(yes, all of it), and 16. I've also found 7 out of the 8 owls for secret 17, and I don't even know where to begin looking for secret 18.

Well, all this I've done without help, but after I gave up on Purpley the owl, I felt asking for help was the only way left. You guys seem very willing to help us n00bs, and I am hoping for some good answers Smile

Well, what I need is: I read through this forum, and someone mentioned how to get Purpley the owl, but it isn't working for me! I'm guessing that I have to view Trelawny's clue(about the sizes) before the secret will work for me. The only problem is that I can't find the clue! Now that's a little backwards, lol! Anyway, do any of you know how to get to the clue?

Edit: Ron's uncle's name is Bilius. Ron's middle name is named after him. Ron Bilius Weasley... sucks to be him!
0 Replies

thatdarnpest

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 10:44 am
How Many Galleons do you have? 34

Do you know how to cheat with galleons? nope, and I don't want to know.
0 Replies

thatdarnpest

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 10:45 am
I didn't know anything about a clue for trelawney... but Purpley is the only one I have left to get.
Neither snape 'nor mcgonangall have been helpful in my seach for secret 18 :@
0 Replies

thatdarnpest

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 10:45 am
Razz well done to you tim
(is not jealous at all)
*puts glue on tims seat*
Wink
0 Replies

JamesD

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 01:35 pm
Where do i find Dobby to click his eye
0 Replies

Timthegreat

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 02:51 pm
Dobby's eye can only be found on Fridays.
Dobby is only there on Fridays. Any time on Friday, go to the main page of the wizard card site. There you go, you've now found Bluey the Owl!!! Very Happy
0 Replies

monkeyd

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 03:19 pm
Hmm I'm still stumped on #18. What does a nostril have to do with anything on the site?
Also in the ROR, someone said they solved it and she said "Okay.....Jamie's avatar is a clue. I actually figured it out in reverse order, so be sure you read every word of Jamie's posts. EVERY word."
Now what Janie says is "Too do loo, too do loo.
Did Jamie leave another secret on the site as a parting gift?
Who knows.... "
So it has to do with a moose nostril, taht's the avatar part, but what about what Jamie says. The only odd thing I see is he says "too do loo, too do loo." Now I know loo is what they call toilets in England. So I'm thinking a smelly tioilet, but I don't know where there would be a smelly toilet on MNI.
I probably have nothing, but maybe it is something, anyone have any other ideas about #18?
0 Replies

mtrimm

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 04:24 pm
Okay I have figured out some stuff of Secret 18. It will be in the Wizard Card Site. He is saying good by to all of us, so he made this secret. He has only control over WC site, so it MUST be there.
0 Replies

Timthegreat

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 04:26 pm
secret 18 and back to Purpley
monkeyd, what's the ROR? Anyway, I don't have a clue about how to find secret 18. If we should look at EVERY word, what do you think the significance(if any) of the words "parting", "leave" and "gift" are?

Also, back to my first question:

Quote:
SOME INTERESTING INFORMATION I'VE FOUND...
Trelawney appears to have one of the owls, and I doubt she'll want to get rid of it.
However, I've also discovered she doesn't like 'really big things'. She likes them when they are large as opposed to small or regular, but not when the size exceeds her regulations. I wonder if that'll help

This was posted by someone back on page 3 or 4(can't remember) of this topic. It is supposedly found on the wizard card site. Does anyone know how to find this information?
0 Replies

monkeyd

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 04:58 pm
The ROR is the room of requirement, or the secret message board you can go to when you sove secret 11 (I think) and become a DA member.
I also think it might have to do with the Wizard Cards, and he Narnia set to be specific since originally he charged for that set, then decided to make it free. But I went through the set and click and read and highlighted and didn't find anything. So I'm not sure.

Yes Trelawny has an owl. You have to start making a card set (click on Developers) and go through and make a set and then add a card to it. You want the large image to be too large and she says something (which I didn't read) but that's where you get the owl. I don't remember which color owl it is though. But some people have had problems getting the owl from her, and if you've done it once and got the owl it doesn't seem like you can make it happen again, becuase I've tried.
0 Replies

Timthegreat

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 05:04 pm
ROR
Oh, I wasn't sure what you meant by ROR, I usually just call it the DA. Well, thanks for the help Very Happy
0 Replies

Timthegreat

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 05:55 pm
I FINALLY FOUND IT!
Thanks, monkeyd! I finally found all 8 owls! Yes, now I can stop stressing over that! As mentioned by many, I'd rather have galleons than that prize, but I have to admit, the prize is made very well! OK, all I have left is secrets 15 and 18, and then I'm done all of them! Well, since secret 15 isn't finished yet, I better go solve secret 18! Hmm...

A moose. Interesting. Well, I went to the DA (ROR) and someone posted that they think they've found a consistancy in Jamie's posts that is related to music, but I don't remember PsiGirl mentioning that, cause she solved it already)... But maybe it's the answer!

I still don't get it, though. Here we go again...
0 Replies

Dumbledore

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 07:10 pm
Tim, where did you find the Trelawny hint?
0 Replies