Cruz 13 minute standing ovation in Arlington Tx

hawkeye10

Mon 28 Oct, 2013 08:21 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Even though the military spending Clinton left office was almost identical to when he took office.
an intellectually honest person would use inflation adjusted dollars. He also would consider all 8 years of history not just the two he likes.

Not you natch.
JTT

Mon 28 Oct, 2013 08:36 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Clinton used the military a ton but was constantly looking for a "peace dividend" to fund his pet social projects.

That was another gigantic lie from the US, "peace dividend" indeed.
0 Replies

JTT

Mon 28 Oct, 2013 08:37 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
an intellectually honest person

You mean like the kind of intellectually honest people who are willing to face up to the fact that the US is the largest terrorist organization in the world, Hawk. That it has been for well over a century.
hawkeye10

Mon 28 Oct, 2013 09:20 pm
@JTT,
those fighing to undo civilization are terrorists, those fighting for civilization are heroes. you always overlook the value of the destruction. there can be no birth without death, the trick is to do our best to make sure that the right people die.

I will take a comparison of US behaviour to other superpowers through history. we did pretty well till the end of our reign.
JTT

Mon 28 Oct, 2013 09:43 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
those fighing to undo civilization are terrorists, those fighting for civilization are heroes

Terrorists are terrorists, Hawk. It isn't within the realm of civilization to invade countries for the express purpose of stealing their wealth. That's all the US has done since after the US Terribly Uncivilized War.

Quote:
the trick is to do our best to make sure that the right people die.

That might have some relevance if the US had anywhere near pure motives. It does not, it never has. You can't point to one country where the people are/have been better off after a US invasion.

Quote:
I will take a comparison of US behaviour to other superpowers through history. we did pretty well till the end of our reign.

That's the part about intellectual honesty. Y'all just are not ready to read the facts.

Quote:

October 15, 2013 by Mark Tokarski
Leon Trotsky-Hussein-bin-Laden

Completely off subject here, which ought to be the name of this blog. We’re headed out tomorrow very early, and will spend 19 of the following 24 hours sitting upright, after which time we’ll be forced to reverse our internal clocks to Asian time. Then the fun begins. There is no purpose to this piece other than I have a computer screen in front on me and some vague ideas I want to set free.

But I was watching Oliver Stone’s “Untold History of the United States” series last night. I’ve seen it before. Stone is still an honest man, but has been somewhat housebroken. He slipped right by JFK’s murder and 9/11 without even a nod towards the possibility that they were something other than we were told. Of course, the series would never had seen light of day had he not done that, but it is ironic, calling a series “Untold History” while not being able to tell that history.

We don’t know the truth of the last fifty years, even the last twelve years. Not even close. Don’t imagine we know anything before that either. “He who controls the present, controls the past. He who controls the past, controls the future.”

One of many interesting facts that Stone brought forward was the incredible suffering experienced by the people of the Soviet Union in World War II. Their industrial base was destroyed and 27 million people died, but in the end they defeated the Germans. It’s “untold” because the only thing most Americans know about that war is that we won it heroically after D-Day and that Hitler killed 6 million Jews. JFK once commented in public on the Soviet sacrifice in that war. He’s the only US executive ever to have done so.

The Jews didn’t even fight in the war and were given a new country to settle in. (Let’s be honest here folks: Those who wanted to come to the US were not welcome here. We sent them packing to Palestine. Occupants there could not say no due to something known as the British “Mandate.”) But to be proportionately fair, if the Jews got a new homeland without even fighting, we should have given the Soviets the state of Texas, which could use some cultural spicing up anyway. They actually won the damned war for us. (Sorry, Austin, but you don’t really want to be part of Texas anyway, Right? You’d rather be part of Oregon.)

That’s an aside, but I don’t have a subject here, so aside from what?

Another thing that comes to mind is Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler … it has been pounded in our heads over the years how evil he was. Tom Cruise is still trying to kill him, and Quentin Tarantino had a masturbatory fantasy about it. It’s been 68 years now since he died, and they are still hammering us with his image. Even in the new century comparisons are trotted out on regular basis when the US wants to bomb yet another country, but if we make a comparison of him to our own leaders, we hear an Invasion of the Body-Snatchers-like shriek. (I won’t embed it, as it is extremely annoying: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEStsLJZhzo)

Mere mention of his name in a blog thread is considered an offense called “Godwinism” – this is how alive the image is kept in our minds.

But what was he, really (besides Austrian)? He was the other side of our coin. He was our darling until the war started, and enjoyed the not-insignificant support of American industrialists and bankers, including the Bush family ancestors. He did not become evil until his evil served our own evil. From 1935 forward, when the Germans were formally allowed to rearm, there was but one purpose in mind: Bring down the Soviets. Hitler was allowed to take what he needed – Neville Chamberlain was neither stupid or weak. He knew the game was afoot.

D-Day was long-delayed, and probably would never have happened had not the Soviets destroyed the Nazis. At that point it became imperative to get troops into Europe and occupy as much territory as possible to stop the Soviet advances eastward. Stalin wanted one thing out of it all: Security. He wanted a buffer zone from western attacks. He’d had enough. The Russian people had enough.

Stalin had a mustache, by the way, and was evil. He was perhaps the second most evil man after Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Truman (oops!) Hitler. Stone does not treat Stalin as an evil man, just a ruthless and smart leader. I don’t know how he gets away with telling that untold part.

Let’s be frank here – the Americans and Brits were every bit as ruthless and criminal in that war as the other sides. Cities were firebombed, nukes were dropped, no effort was made to rescue anyone in concentration camps – in fact, all supply lines to those camps were cut off so that starvation and disease were rampant. The Americans and Brits in theory could have prevented untold deaths by intervention in that situation, even some bombing to stop it in its tracks, but it was not a war aim. It was far more important to attack civilian populations in Germany and Japan than to save a ragtag bunch of non-combatants.

Our eventual leader, Truman, unlike FDR or Stalin or Hitler Hitler … was clueless and corrupt. He was easily manipulated by the smarter people around him. That sums up his career. Do they still have that annual dinner in Montana in his honor every year? Appropriate. Isn’t it.

Which was the last impression I had last night as we turned off Oliver Stone’s Untold History – Truman’s facial expressions and body language – I had seen it before. It was creepily familiar. He was a man out of place, out of his league, imagining he was in charge and not knowing that we wasn’t … his nervous eye darting and erect posture and too-quick smiles were reminiscent of George W. Bush. See for yourself sometime, see if I am all wet.

http://pieceofmind.wordpress.com/2013/10/15/leon-trotsky-hussein-bin-laden/

hawkeye10

Mon 28 Oct, 2013 10:28 pm
@JTT,
let's say that you are right....why should I care? America will have no choice but to massively shrink our military thus ending military adventures, and the dynamic of the rest of the world turning away from the US as it looks for leadership is picking up speed and will not stop till America again demonstrates that it is morally fit to lead in ideas. Your Hobby Horse is a self correcting problem, and we dont drive forwards by looking constantly in the rear view mirror and we have no choice but to go forwards, so what exactly are you trying to accomplish? Do you want an apology? Go talk to The Professor, he will fix you right up.

you keep bitching that Amercians dont care, but you have never done the work to prove that Americans should care. How bout you either back up and cover your error or else cease and desist with your nagging MKay?
hawkeye10

Mon 28 Oct, 2013 11:37 pm
@hawkeye10,
a taste

By Richard Cohen,
Quote:
Here, I must mention that bit of theater in which various world leaders wax indignant about their telephone conversations being bugged by the National Security Agency (NSA). This is not Obama’s doing since the program predated his time in office. But the decibel level of the outrage does suggest that in Germany, France, Brazil and elsewhere, Obama’s standing is not what it once was. He and America are no longer held in either awe or respect, and the bugging program, instead of seeming a necessary evil, looks both clumsy and silly. Bugging Angela Merkel’s personal phone — she who once said that when she thinks of Germany she thinks of “well-sealed windows” — puts at risk the poor NSA listener. He must be catatonic by now.

But the reaction of the bugged has been nothing compared to the bleat of anger coming from the Middle East. The Saudis, who usually whisper their differences, have severely upped the volume and now talk dismissively of Obama and America. They didn’t like the way we washed our hands of Egypt’s Hosni Mubarak, a steadfast and durable ally, and then dealt with the Syrian civil war in such a wobbly fashion. In recent days, the kingdom has rejected a seat on the U.N. Security Council and, in the person of its intelligence chief, Prince Bandar bin Sultan , has said the U.S.-Saudi relationship is strained. Bandar, a former ambassador to Washington, can hardly be dismissed as anti-American.

Saudi Arabia is an absolute monarchy, and in the long run Riyadh and Washington were always going to make an odd couple. But the current spat is not about values but about reliability and performance. The Obama administration has botched Syria and, in the Saudi (and Israeli) view, cannot be trusted to deal firmly with Iran. An erratic presidency has made the world a bit less safe.

History will someday provide perspective and say, possibly, that Syria and Obamacare did not matter. I doubt it. At the least, they help validate the once-frivolous Republican charges of incompetence. A competent president would beware. As Casey Stengel might note, strike three is coming up.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/richard-cohen-a-question-of-competence/2013/10/28/10539e20-3ffa-11e3-a624-41d661b0bb78_story.html?hpid=z2

a current president who looks right (black) and according to him talks pretty good but cant manage a damn thing other than a campaign is not the main problem, he is but a continuation of a long line of failed American Presidents according to the rest of the world. THAT is the problem.
0 Replies

parados

Tue 29 Oct, 2013 04:55 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
Even though the military spending Clinton left office was almost identical to when he took office.
an intellectually honest person would use inflation adjusted dollars. He also would consider all 8 years of history not just the two he likes.

Not you natch.

The chart I used did use inflation adjusted dollars.
The chart I used also shows that Reagan and GHWBush had much larger military cuts.
A Presidency has a set period of time. I can't use numbers outside the ones that someone was President. The best way to judge any President is over the entire time they were in office. You are the one that wants to pull out years you like if you are claiming Clinton gutted the military.
0 Replies

JTT

Tue 29 Oct, 2013 07:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
America again demonstrates that it is morally fit to lead in ideas.

That's a complete impossibility. How can you even suggest that war criminals/terrorists are the least bit moral?

Quote:
but you have never done the work to prove that Americans should care.

That a ludicrous notion, Hawk, that I should have to provide some magical groundwork for Americans to respect the rule of law, to have a measure of morality.

You're either a moral person or ya ain't. When you make excuses for these war criminals and terrorists guess which side of the scale you're on.
0 Replies

JTT

Tue 29 Oct, 2013 08:00 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
let's say that you are right

The voluminous facts are so easy to locate. It's absolutely amazing that grown adults, knowing that this info is available, remain ignorant of it. I've posted numerous examples.

Quote:
....why should I care?

You even have to ask.
andy31

Tue 28 Apr, 2015 07:20 pm
@JTT,
OMG! JTT... I just red few of your posts... you need a doctor... and quick!!!!
Your mental health is deteriorating fast. You need to be in a white "safe suit" in the isolation, undergoing aggressive treatments -that's my answer to all your posts.
wmwcjr

Tue 28 Apr, 2015 07:45 pm
@andy31,
Greetings, andy31! Smile JTT hasn't posted since October of last year; so, I doubt you'll get a response. I hope he/she is okay.
andy31

Tue 28 Apr, 2015 08:18 pm
@wmwcjr,
Well.. JTT's posts are very worrisome, so yeah, I'd share your hopes, that he/she is ok.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Tue 23 Feb, 2021 12:46 pm
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 24 Feb, 2021 03:51 am
Don’t Mess With Texas.

**** Off To Cancun.
0 Replies