Cruz 13 minute standing ovation in Arlington Tx

JTT

Sat 26 Oct, 2013 09:42 am
@izzythepush,
You're avoiding the language issue that you made the error on, Izzy.
izzythepush

Sat 26 Oct, 2013 09:46 am
@JTT,
No I'm not, that's just in your head.
JTT

Sat 26 Oct, 2013 09:49 am
@izzythepush,
Another lie from Izzy.
0 Replies

parados

Sat 26 Oct, 2013 12:55 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
America”. Think about it.It’s not important whether Noam Chomsky is a deep cover CIA agent or not. But it’s important that Chomsky is a fake hero who tells big lies, goes to bed with bad guys, defends dictators, and tries to mislead/ misinform people. As the wise Iranians say: “How can real intellectuals earn money? By writing books and other intellectual activities. But real intellectuals don’t act like businessmen, and don’t live like whores. Yah, you can become millionaire by writing good books. Real intellects can earn good money by writing real books. But publishing big lies or transcripts of speeches as your main books is Charlatanism. And pretending that you are poor, while you are a millionaire, is a sickening hypocrisy. Earning good money from defending bad guys or telling big lies on college campuses, is worse than earning money from prostitution. The real intellectuals care about the truth, not money and power. But Chomsky licks the ass of power and dictators -from Pol Pot and Gaddafi to Chavez and Mullahs. Chomsky helps the notorious bad guys. Chomsky is either a very stupid Jewish American or a nasty agent of Big Brother. There is no third options. But the real tragedy is that fake heroes like Chomsky still can manipulate and deceive university students and educated Americans.

http://iransnews.wordpress.com/2013/05/29/noam-chomsky-millionaire-lair-big-brother-agent/

You are using muslims as your source material? I thought they were wrong about everything in your mind.
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 26 Oct, 2013 03:40 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Hater of the military? .... She may just become the Commander in Chief.

Well ,that seems to underscore coldjoint's point, not rebutt it.
Frank Apisa

Sat 26 Oct, 2013 03:50 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

Hater of the military? .... She may just become the Commander in Chief.

Well ,that seems to underscore coldjoint's point, not rebutt it.

How does it do that?
maxdancona

Sat 26 Oct, 2013 04:09 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Paintings are hung, people are hanged.

Some of us are hung.
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 26 Oct, 2013 04:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

cruz could easily make ten times more money than he does so this is not about that. congress is highly fucked up so not much gets done there so it is not a place to go for accumulating power either, so if that is his drive he could do much better elsewhere. if one wants to be prez then the thing to do is come from state government, and I highly doubt that cruz does not know this but he choose to be in the Senate anyway so I doubt that he has any great drive to be prez.

the overwhelming odds are that the guy mostly wants to serve the people.

Can't agree with you hawkeye.

A lot of members of government make an enormously greater amount of money than they could in the private sector (think LBJ, Nancy Pelosi or Bill and Hillary Clinton).

Granted, Cruz has the bonifides, intelligence, and skills to have made a lot of money as a lawyer. More on the side of the plaintiff than the defendant, but it's not a sure thing. He didn't leave a highly lucrative practice to join the government (a la John Edwards).

But, I guess I agree that he's not in it for fortune. I really have no idea as to whether he would be where he is today if the best being a Senator could offer is a middle-class life-style, but I don't think his motivation is money.

As for power? Of course that's why he's in the games just like virtually every other politician who has had a significant impact (good or bad).

Despite all of the nutty conspiracy theorists claiming that rich men in the shadows or on the sidelines are actually pulling the strings of all politicians, there is no greater level of power than national government.

None.

This is not to suggest that Cruz wants to rule the US or the world, but, clearly, he wants power.

In and of itself this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

If you believe you have most, if not all, of the solutions to the problems the country faces, then you must acquire power if you are to implement them.

Even if your solutions are flawed and can't deliver what you think they will, the effort to obtain power is not necessarily a bad thing.

However, time after time it has been shown that people who seek power to solve problems end up acting badly to preserve their power for no other reason than they can't bear letting it go. The goals that led them to the pursuit become a warped pretense.

I don't think Ted Cruz rises to the level of altruist, potentially corrupted by power. He wants power for the sake of power.

Of course this doesn't make him some unique monster, rather it places him squarely among, at least, the other people who have sought the presidency since 1960.

For the most part, people who rise to power, want power.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 26 Oct, 2013 04:14 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

More BS!!!!!

The devastating way that you surgically dissect the argument of someone with which you disagree is a sight to behold. Surely you were captain of your University's Debate Team.
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 26 Oct, 2013 04:20 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Clearly coldjoint feels that a Hillary presidency is a bad thing, and that she is a dangerous character.

He also believes she hates the military.

That she may become the Commander in Chief is hardly going to reassure coldjoint and it certainly doesn't even remotely refute the charge that she hates the military.

If fact, we can safely assume that any possibilty that she may become Commander in Chief will only reinforce coldjoint's assertion that she is dangerous.

Surely this isn't too diffcult to follow Frank.
JTT

Sat 26 Oct, 2013 07:09 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
The devastating way that you surgically dissect the argument of someone with which you disagree is a sight to behold.

You think this was any better, Finn?

http://able2know.org/topic/224764-6#top

0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 26 Oct, 2013 07:45 pm
@parados,
They are experts on deceit.
Frank Apisa

Sat 26 Oct, 2013 08:01 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Clearly coldjoint feels that a Hillary presidency is a bad thing, and that she is a dangerous character.

He also believes she hates the military.

That she may become the Commander in Chief is hardly going to reassure coldjoint and it certainly doesn't even remotely refute the charge that she hates the military.

If fact, we can safely assume that any possibilty that she may become Commander in Chief will only reinforce coldjoint's assertion that she is dangerous.

Surely this isn't too diffcult to follow Frank.

C'mon, Finn. coldjoint's point was that she hates the military.

The fact that she may become its Commander in Chief does not reinforce his assertion.

The post Max replied to mentioned nothing about her being "dangerous."
edgarblythe

Sat 26 Oct, 2013 09:42 pm
@maxdancona,
Hunged.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sat 26 Oct, 2013 11:15 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
No. Like you I was captain of my kindergarten debating team and like you I am still trying to advance to the next grade.
JTT

Sun 27 Oct, 2013 10:43 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
They are experts on deceit.

Laughing

"We Americans are the ultimate innocents. We are forever desperate to believe that this time the government is telling us the truth."
Sydney Schanberg

0 Replies

JTT

Sun 27 Oct, 2013 11:46 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Paintings are hung, people are hanged. For someone who claims to know a lot about the English language you sure do make a lot of fuckups.

I'm afraid that it's you that has made the fuckup, Izzy. That comes from your deep ignorance of how the English language is used.

Quote:
Thought about a new avatar at all?

Thought about a new avatar at all?

==============

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hang

transitive verb
a : to fasten to some elevated point without support from below : suspend
b : to suspend by the neck until dead —often hanged in the past —often used as a mild oath <I'll be hanged>

intransitive verb
a : to remain suspended or fastened to some point above without support from below : dangle
b : to die by hanging —often hanged in the past <he hanged for his crimes>

Usage Discussion of HANG
For both transitive and intransitive senses 1b the past and past participle hung, as well as hanged, is standard. Hanged is most appropriate for official executions <he was to be hanged, cut down whilst still alive … and his bowels torn out — Louis Allen> but hung is also used <gave orders that she should be hung — Peter Quennell>. Hung is more appropriate for less formal hangings <by morning I'll be hung in effigy — Ronald Reagan>.
0 Replies

JTT

Sun 27 Oct, 2013 11:57 am
@izzythepush,
jtt:
Quote:
You're avoiding the language issue that you made the error on, Izzy.

Izzy:
Quote:
No I'm not, that's just in your head.

Really, Izzy?
0 Replies

raprap

Sun 27 Oct, 2013 01:48 pm
Its probable that Ted Cruz is plotting a mutiny to become the Captain of the Titanic. And the Tea Band plays on.

Rap
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sun 27 Oct, 2013 03:26 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

No. Like you I was captain of my kindergarten debating team and like you I am still trying to advance to the next grade.

RABEL222 wrote:

Your kindergarten had a debating team, and you were captain? That explains a lot.

What was you favorite retort back then, "More poopy!"?
0 Replies