Mississippi Embayment Astrobleme

Kalopin

Thu 10 Apr, 2014 05:47 pm
@parados,
Look at all the details it explains. And ,if the Moon impacted, the surface would slow in comparison to the inner core, thus increasing gravity, electromagnetism and the length of the day. Physics...
Kalopin

Thu 10 Apr, 2014 05:48 pm
@parados,
I agree with the professors at Princeton.
farmerman

Thu 10 Apr, 2014 06:37 pm
There are drill holes well through the area of the Miss Embayment in oil exploration and I know of NO indication of any meteorite impct with such a ignificant area and of such a recent date.
There was one in the lower Chesapeake about 35 million years ago. ALL of these impct craters leave freat deposit indicators that we just don't see in the NM area (large area of coesite /stichovite, "graben' fault zones, impct breccias (or any breccias at all) etc).
Your belief system is no longer amusing. I think you are delusional nd should seek help because you really aren't reading anything to interpret. Youre only copping "scientific sounding phrases" but making up fraudulent statements about the underlying causes.

If we were to conduct a decent link search and look at works by colleagues in geology discussion boards,
1. The only links I see about this subject are yours and

2.By geologists with more experience in the embayment than I have, you are universally looked at as a "crank" who needs to see a shrink.
Sorry to be so abrupt but youre wacky dude.

See ya when you get in tuch with reality.
Kalopin

Thu 10 Apr, 2014 07:29 pm
@farmerman,
Sounds like you know little of terrestrial meteor impacts and even less about interpretting a satellite view. Duh, I am the only one saying it was a meteor impact, because apparantly I am currently the only one who understands the evidence.
It's not a "meteorite" impact, it's a "meteor" impact. Meteorites are rocks.
And all you need do is go to northeast Marshall county, Ms. and study the concave, round depression, then follow each creek surrounding this central location, pan out to see each shockwave, marked by the rivers and valleys. When the entire embayment is in view, study the lines of direction, force and angle of impact, running straight down the middle of the New Madrid bend [the oxbow feature at the northwest corner of Tennessee] directly to North Slayden...

If you may be able to follow these simple instructions, then you will see the surface pattern of an astrobleme.

And in case you haven't noticed, I have been trying to have this further investigated. There has still been no evidence to the contrary.

However I may be looked at is just an indication of how primative current understandings are and is also a sign of collective, psychopathic behavior and an immaturity yet to find realization...

Either way it comes down to the truth being the truth! :-]
Setanta

Fri 11 Apr, 2014 03:11 am
Leaving aside the hilarious nature of claims about impacts on the earth--for which you have provided not one shred of evidence: people who make claims have the burden of proof. People who make extraordinary claims have an extraordinary burden of proof. No one has to disprove their claims.
farmerman

Fri 11 Apr, 2014 04:30 am
@Kalopin,
you can make all sorts of claims . However, when evidence clearly counters your "belief", you should be open minded enough to change your views.

THERE is no subsurface indications of ANY structural or chemical evidence for a big meteorite hit anywhere closer than the Chesapeake Bay, Crooked Creek and Decaturville Mo, or Ames Ok. There are minor hits here and there but not so that itd be an "earth
shaker".
ALL these other sites hve vast deposits of impact breccias, ground water anomalies, grabens, not to mention the ever popular "shocked quartz"

Ive looked at the core library on the web and saw NO evidence of stuff in the ME that could be called up by standard "KWIC" references.

There have been thousands of deep drill holes overseen by the USGS DOE and DOD for all sorts of reasons. Outside of Mo being the clsosest (Maybe Serpent Mound Ohio too) but your area of concern seems to be very quiet. IS it a conspiracy to hide evidence?

Im curious, whats your angle in this windmill tilt? Dpo you own property down there?

parados

Fri 11 Apr, 2014 06:49 am
@Kalopin,
Kalopin wrote:

Look at all the details it explains. And ,if the Moon impacted, the surface would slow in comparison to the inner core, thus increasing gravity, electromagnetism and the length of the day. Physics...

Which physics are those?
When and how does gravity increase?
You keep making claims but you aren't presenting any actual evidence. Where is your math?
parados

Fri 11 Apr, 2014 06:54 am
@Kalopin,
No, you don't agree with them. They state the Chicxulub impact happened 65 million years ago in the Yucatan. You claim the moon hit the earth 12,900 years ago. That is not agreement.
parados

Fri 11 Apr, 2014 07:24 am
@Kalopin,
Quote:
It's not a "meteorite" impact, it's a "meteor" impact. Meteorites are rocks.

Quote:
me·te·or·ite
ˈmētēəˌrīt/
noun
noun: meteorite; plural noun: meteorites

a meteor that survives its passage through the earth's atmosphere such that part of it strikes the ground. More than 90 percent of meteorites are of rock, while the remainder consist wholly or partly of iron and nickel.

Anything that hits the ground is a meteorite. You don't even understand the definition.
Kalopin

Fri 11 Apr, 2014 07:25 am
@Setanta,
It is you all who have provided NO ['not one shred of'] evidence to counter my argument. I give you satellite views, historical events, physical rocks, geography, tomography, topography, history, plausable scenario,...
How is this 'not one shred of evidence'?
You do have to look at it though, you do realize that, right?
Kalopin

Fri 11 Apr, 2014 07:32 am
@farmerman,
YES! you finally got it! It is a "conspiracy to hide evidence". Now study what I have been able to gather, without any help, and learn the truth.
There is plenty evidence that is directly in front of you on a satellite view. I am the one telling you to give it better study. Why would I be trying to get anyone to look further if I were the one trying to hide the truth?

This is what I ask of you- to be more open-minded enough to change your views. OR, give me any kind of argument, other than 'your area of concern seems to be very quiet'- Mmmm, wonder why! ;-]
0 Replies

Kalopin

Fri 11 Apr, 2014 07:37 am
@parados,
The impact from such a large object and being solid iron, would be plenty to push the upper tectonic plates and mantle against the rotation of the inner spheres. To a certain degree, the inner core would gather more energy, producing stronger magnetics, you know- physics... ;-]]]]]]]]]
parados

Fri 11 Apr, 2014 07:43 am
@Kalopin,
And yet the moon hitting the earth wouldn't have the same physics which would turn much of the earth into a molten mass?

Huh. It seems you like to change reality from day to day.
Setanta

Fri 11 Apr, 2014 07:44 am
@Kalopin,
You just don't get it. No one has to "counter your argument." If you can't provide evidence, other than ipse dixit claims, there is no reason to take you seriously. I don't take you seriously, because your synthesis is based on claims about impacts which you have not substantiated.
parados

Fri 11 Apr, 2014 07:44 am
@Kalopin,
Quote:
To a certain degree, the inner core would gather more energy, producing stronger magnetics, you know- physics.

Let's see your math on it then. Where is the energy from? How much energy is picked up by the inner core?
Kalopin

Fri 11 Apr, 2014 07:47 am
@parados,
NO! The Princeton professors found that Chicxulub crater did NOT kill off the dinosaurs. Chicxulub impact occurred approx. 300 kyr before the K-T boundary and would not have had the energy to accomplish planetary coverage, see: http://geoweb.princeton.edu/people/faculty/keller/Keller_et_al_2007_EPSL_Brazos.pdf .
And in my scenario [which is the accurate one] the iridium layer of what is currently known as the K-T or Kpg boundary occurred 12.9 kyr ago
Kalopin

Fri 11 Apr, 2014 07:53 am
@parados,
Are you serious?
I said meteorites are rocks! They are NOT incoming Earth projectiles. Iron and nickel are also, in my statement, part of the rock that is understood as a meteorite, coming from a meteor, coming from either an asteroid, comet, meteoroid or just coming in as a small meteor.
Hence, you do not say "a meteoRITE impact", proper pronunciation would be "a meteor impact"
Clear that? ;-]
0 Replies

Kalopin

Fri 11 Apr, 2014 07:57 am
@parados,
It came in from a low orbit as a glancing blow and electromagnetics, either repulsion or attraction, played a key role in 'softening' the blow [raising and/or compressing Pangaea as well as the ocean and seas]. As I previously stated- impact science is currently very primitive... ;-]
Kalopin

Fri 11 Apr, 2014 07:59 am
@Setanta,
You have NO counter-argument!
Were are the magma chambers and mantle plumes for your 'convection' break-up?!
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 11 Apr, 2014 08:00 am
What an incredible bullshit artist. We should hook you up with the latest loony who has stated that Bewildered it correct, that there are blueberries in Martian rocks. I'm sure you'll have a lot to talk about.