Where are you plugging in data?
glitchgov

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2013 11:36 pm
@Butrflynet,
http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2013 11:38 pm
@glitchgov,
I don't know yet, I'm waiting for all the looky looks to get done sightseeing on the healthcare.gov site rather than getting frustrated with the lag time.

I'm told by blue cross that I can call them to see what will be available through them. Haven't done it yet.
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2013 11:40 pm
@glitchgov,
That's the kaiser site, I haven't found it to be very accurate.
glitchgov

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2013 11:44 pm
@Butrflynet,
Don't bother to go on healthcare (dot) gov... it's a huge waste of time. I've spent over 7 hours of frustration on that site. Logged in over 100 times. So many errors. The first one was trying to create a user id. The security questions they ask you to answer were blank when you clicked on the drop-down screen. That was like that for a couple of days. Then, when it finally worked again, I got through the process and they sent a link to verify through my email... and that didn't work. After about three to four hours I finally got all my information sent in and then it it wouldn't show me the "View Eligibility Results" tab... which is the plans and their costs. I spent several hours since that point contacting people on the online chat and the phone and I still can't view the results and neither can the people there.

They kept giving me the same advice... come back here late at night or early in the morning... and it will be better since there won't be so many people on the site. Well I'm convinced it doesn't matter how many people are on the site, until they fix the errors, I won't be viewing anything.

Just yesterday I had the phone rep redo my entire application... he did it for me and the results still wouldn't come up. Took two hours on the phone and it didn't work.

That's why I came up with my user name here... glitch.gov
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2013 11:46 pm
@Butrflynet,
G'nite, glitch. Hope you find a way to keep your family healthy and happy.
0 Replies

glitchgov

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2013 11:49 pm
@Butrflynet,
The problem I have with the calculators is they don't tell the full price. Where's the deductibles?

That's the big problem I have with this whole thing. Obama said... costs are going to be no more than 9.5% of your income. Well that was a lie. The premiums are going to be no more than 9.5% of your income, but we didn't say how ridiculous your deductibles are going to be. I mean heck... they could raise them to $30,000 if they wanted.

When you add my deductibles and premiums they equal a little over 22% of $89,346.

Well that sure isn't 9.5%.
glitchgov

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2013 11:50 pm
Good nite.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 08:38 am
@glitchgov,
glitchgov wrote:
Our age... 44 years old

glitchgov wrote:
It wasn't this crazy 14 years ago when I started college, otherwise perhaps I would have aimed towards a job at a hospital.

You started college when you were 30?
Thomas

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 09:38 am
@glitchgov,
glitchgov wrote:
Let's get something straight, we aren't all benefiting from it.

This is true of all insurance. Most people with homeowner's insurance never see their house burn down. Most people with car insurance don't cause enough accidents to save more money in damage payments than they pay in premiums. And yes, health insurance, public or private, is a loss for most people in it.

And that's okay, because insurance is not about the typical case. It's about the minority of cases where houses burn down, motorists get killed or maimed, and diseases need expensive treatment. If you aren't one of these cases, good for you! But that's no reason to reject insurance.
Thomas

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 09:42 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

glitchgov wrote:
Who can imagine the hospitals saying... Hey... we were charging $1,700 for an ER trip. But now that so many people have insurance (and most will be paid for now) we're going to be more fair and give a reasonable price of only $500. Who really in their right mind think that's going to happen?

who's going to believe it?

people who live in countries where that did happen.

Which includes pretty much every developed country in the world. America is a lonesome outlier.
Thomas

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 09:53 am
@glitchgov,
glitchgov wrote:
If you're not making it up, then give me the amount you make as income per year.

Substance aside, I am puzzled by your tone here. You walk into an online community where nobody knows you, demand that people disclose their health and finances to you, and insinuate that they're frauds if they don't. Would you do that in real life, too?
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 10:04 am
@Thomas,
more likely a regular member who created a different account because they dont want to attach such personal details to their regular avatar.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 10:05 am
@Thomas,
I am very happy to be one of the people who have won the health insurance game.

A few years ago I had a serious illness with a lengthy hospital stay (I am fully recovered now). They will never recover the amount of money they spent making me well.

So take that!
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 10:06 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

glitchgov wrote:
Our age... 44 years old

glitchgov wrote:
It wasn't this crazy 14 years ago when I started college, otherwise perhaps I would have aimed towards a job at a hospital.

You started college when you were 30?

In America, many individuals start College in mid-life. What's so strange about that JoefromCanada?
Miller

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 10:07 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

glitchgov wrote:
Let's get something straight, we aren't all benefiting from it.

This is true of all insurance. Most people with homeowner's insurance never see their house burn down. Most people with car insurance don't cause enough accidents to save more money in damage payments than they pay in premiums. And yes, health insurance, public or private, is a loss for most people in it.

And that's okay, because insurance is not about the typical case. It's about the minority of cases where houses burn down, motorists get killed or maimed, and diseases need expensive treatment. If you aren't one of these cases, good for you! But that's no reason to reject insurance.

Does ThomasfromGermany, now sell insurance?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 10:07 am
@Miller,
he said he didn't make any money while on an 8 year college tour.

how does that work, miller in outer space?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 10:09 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

ehBeth wrote:

glitchgov wrote:
Who can imagine the hospitals saying... Hey... we were charging $1,700 for an ER trip. But now that so many people have insurance (and most will be paid for now) we're going to be more fair and give a reasonable price of only $500. Who really in their right mind think that's going to happen?

who's going to believe it?

people who live in countries where that did happen.

Which includes pretty much every developed country in the world. America is a lonesome outlier.

May be a lonesome outlier, but do you notice how many folks from Canada and Germany want some of that American way of life?
Miller

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 10:11 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

glitchgov wrote:
If you're not making it up, then give me the amount you make as income per year.

Substance aside, I am puzzled by your tone here. You walk into an online community where nobody knows you, demand that people disclose their health and finances to you, and insinuate that they're frauds if they don't. Would you do that in real life, too?

Poor thomasfrom Germany...did someone hurt his little feelings?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 10:15 am
@Miller,
Do you think it to be strange when a question is asked? And when exactly has Chicago been part of Canada?
0 Replies