Obamacare Sucks for Single Parent 2 young children

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 12:59 pm
I am a single parent with 2 young children. I was penalized for not re-enrolling for insurance, thinking it was automatic since there were no changes. I was discontinued by the insurance company, not I'm locked out with NO Insurance and furthermore, the insurance company refuses to release prescriptions issued by the doctor until I pay an astronomical premium increase, which I could not afford.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,733 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Disgusted2017

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 04:31 am
Well, thanks to our beloved president Trump. My sisters health care for 2018 will jump from $69.00 / month to over $1,000.00 / month. Her deductible from $500.00 /year to $3,300. Now this is for a single mother of one teen aged daughter with an income of just over $1,400 / month. Our esteemed president calls this AFFORDABLE?? After paying her monthly premium, she will be left with just $400.00 / month to live on. Mortgage payments, utilities, groceries and fuel to take care of her normal daily running around. Her daughter is very involved in her schools marching band and my sis is a very involved parent. Unlike our esteemed President, she is not a billionaire and can afford to shell out that kind of money for health care. THANK YOU MR. PRESIDENT FOR EFFECTIVELY PUTTING HEALTH CARE OUT OF REACH FOR MY SISTER.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 04:35 am
@Disgusted2017,

45 is happily screwing over the very people who voted for him...
Disgusted2017

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 04:46 am
@Region Philbis,
In retrospect, if given a choice ( knowing what we know now ) between Obama Care and Trump Care, I WOULD CHOOSE OBAMA CARE. I am waiting for him to start screwing with the V.A. system next. I am a vet and happy that I live in a country who gives their vets the best medical care in the world, we EARNED it. But to make health care un-affordable to the majority of Americans is a slap in the face to anyone who has served, fought , and DIED so Americans can have the rights and freedoms that we all enjoy.
0 Replies

Disgusted2017

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 05:00 am
@gingersun12,
People complained about Obama Care, but we have to admit that he stopped the big insurance companies from charging people whatever they wanted for healthcare. He subsidized health care and put a cap on what insurers could charge for coverage. He put a cap on deductibles so that EVERYONE could afford it. My sis' income is too low for medicaid, ( I know right? How can your income be too low to qualify for medicaid ? ) and too high to qualify for a hardship exemption. She has health issues that she needs regular doctors visits or she will deteriorate quickly. In her late 50's it will only get worse if she can't afford to see her doctors.
jespah

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 07:23 am
@Disgusted2017,
First off, I'm sorry your sister is ill - and being jerked around like a political football.

It's Election Day. Let's do her proud and get out there.
0 Replies