Motorcycle Gang vs Family in SUV

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 10:56 am
OmSigDavid wrote:
Quote:
I 've never been a very enthusiastic supporter
of the M-16 family of defensive firepower.
True that their recoil is near non-existent,
but its still a .22 caliber rifle (caliber .223).
I dont own one; I dont want one,
yet I cannot deny that thay DO work (if thay dont jam).
I prefer a little more powerful defensive personal ordnance

Yeah little 5.56mm/.22" rifles are only fit for ladies..Smile
the American Army had 5.56mm's in Nam, but Charlie had 7.62 AK cannons and won the war..Wink
Left to right- 5.56mm, .30", 7.62mm
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ExIS/bullets55630762.jpg

AK IN ACTION- http://youtu.be/74-WSM0xTyE
Ceili

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 10:57 am
According to Anderson Cooper's show last night, one of the bikers was an off duty cop who stood by and watched as a very brave onlooker stood between the mob and the SUV driver protecting him from being killed.
New York's finest...
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 11:12 am
@Ceili,
Poetic justice, the SU driver deliberately ran over some bikers so they gave him payback..Smile
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 03:09 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

OmSigDavid wrote:
Quote:
I 've never been a very enthusiastic supporter
of the M-16 family of defensive firepower.
True that their recoil is near non-existent,
but its still a .22 caliber rifle (caliber .223).
I dont own one; I dont want one,
yet I cannot deny that thay DO work (if thay dont jam).
I prefer a little more powerful defensive personal ordnance

Yeah little 5.56mm/.22" rifles are only fit for ladies..Smile
the American Army had 5.56mm's in Nam, but Charlie had 7.62 AK cannons and won the war..Wink
Left to right- 5.56mm, .30", 7.62mm
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ExIS/bullets55630762.jpg

AK IN ACTION- http://youtu.be/74-WSM0xTyE

We were free to use M-14s.

David
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 05:38 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Yes, 7.62 M-14's were phased out in 1966-67 and replaced by the wimpy 5.56 M-16 but I don't think the G.I's went round demanding to have M-14's back did they?
Setanta

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 06:06 pm
M14s were good weapons--i qualified expert with an M14, 82 out of 86 targets, including all of my 250 m, 300 m and 350 m targets. That was in 1970. We only began training with M16s in AIT (advanced individual training)--M14s were still being used in basic training. If i had my choice, i'd take the M14 every time. It has nothing to do with "wimpy," i just found the M14 easier to handle. The M16 was so lightweight, the sights would waver while you were attempting to line up your target.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 09:59 am
Whether the initial collision was unavoidable (on the part of the SUV driver) or not, once surrounded by bikers hurling threats and trying to slash tires, the proper response (considering his wife and child were in the car) was to plow through those who surrounded him.

I'm not sure I understand the thinking that calls for him to place himself and his family at the tender mercies of a raging group of thugs:

"Well, I probably could have avoided the guy so it's only right that my wife and 2 year old daughter suffer for my mistake, besides, these guys slashing at my tires and tellng me they are going to f*cking kill me probably just want to beat me up and they'll leave my family alone."

or

"It's against the law to leave the scene of an accident and even though I couldn't avoid hitting the guy, the right thing to do is step out of my car and exchange insurance information with this violent, raging group."
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 10:12 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Poetic justice, the SU driver deliberately ran over some bikers so they gave him payback..Smile
\

Justice? Payback? Is this the jungle?
Miller

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 10:14 am
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:

According to Anderson Cooper's show last night, one of the bikers was an off duty cop who stood by and watched as a very brave onlooker stood between the mob and the SUV driver protecting him from being killed.
New York's finest...

The undercover policeman was an undercover drug informer. If you lived in the US, you'd know this.
Miller

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 10:17 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

This is one of those situations where one needs their 2nd Amendment rights, and the right to defend themselves.

What you need a a heavy SUV equipped with mighty flame throwers attached to the panel under the windshield. The all you'd have to do is throw the "switch" and jump on the gas.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 10:22 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

New York, unfortunately, has no Stand Your Ground law and with the video, the SUV driver will certainly be found innocent of any charges.

It now looks like the lawyer for the injured man ( presently in the hospital ) is claiming that this is a Civil Rights case. She feels that the injured man had his Civil Rights violated.
McGentrix

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 11:56 am
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

New York, unfortunately, has no Stand Your Ground law and with the video, the SUV driver will certainly be found innocent of any charges.

It now looks like the lawyer for the injured man ( presently in the hospital ) is claiming that this is a Civil Rights case. She feels that the injured man had his Civil Rights violated.

Laughing

Stupid lawyers.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 12:02 pm
@Miller,
So, we come to yet another conundrum. Where a mans life, his family's safety, is less important than a drug bust.
I wonder what compels a man to do the right thing. Why does someone become a cop..
On another note, the hero was a mexican immigrant.. I wonder what compelled him to risk his own life.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 01:03 pm
@Miller,
Yes, it is the jungle. Just need to argue over the appropriate weapon.
roger

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 02:41 pm
@IRFRANK,
In some cases, that SUV becomes a most effective weapon. Of course, one could always park it and step outside.
IRFRANK

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 04:29 pm
@roger,
There is no excuse for running over someone who is in your way. I'd like to know what started this mess. I'd don't defend those 'bikers'. Motorcycle packs like that are asking for trouble.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 04:36 pm
Bikers must have gone soft nowadays, they'd have killed the driver in the old days..Wink
PS- my brother-in-law was a British Hells Angel, a great guy..Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 04:41 pm
@IRFRANK,
I agree with you, IRFrank.
I do get fear, but, still.

On the other hand, I can't judge him. This was hell on the highway.

This is only a guess - the family in the car was afraid and driver acted. Which royally pissed off the cyclers who were already escapade stunt types. I also get his behavior after that, re protection.

roger

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 04:59 pm
@IRFRANK,
Your choice, Frank.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 10:32 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Yes, 7.62 M-14's were phased out in 1966-67
and replaced by the wimpy 5.56 M-16 but I don't think the G.I's
went round demanding to have M-14's back did they?
Thay DID. Thay knew that M-14s actually WORK.
Obviously, an M-14 is a glorified Garand.
(It has HISTORY and its all good [except for the thumb] ).
A lot of guys got killed by failures of the M-16 when thay were needed.

I 'm not a big fan of Eugene Stoner.