Ted Cruze is blaming Reid for holding the American People hostage

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 04:22 pm
@farmerman,
He got into politics, and screwed up his head. He tasted power, and all his previous learnings went down the toilet.

What Cruz doesn't realize is that he's on a downward path that he will not be able to stop. His ride will have a sad ending.
farmerman

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 04:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
or maybe hes smarter than that. I don't know. Hes kinda creepy IMHO
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 04:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
ObamaCare problems revealed.
Quote:
PHARMA & HEALTHCARE 10/14/2013 @ 11:39AM 1,013,991 views
Obamacare's Website Is Crashing Because It Doesn't Want You To Know How Costly Its Plans Are
Avik Roy Avik Roy, Contributor
1,477 comments, 1,449 called-out Comment Now
Follow Comments
A growing consensus of IT experts, outside and inside the government, have figured out a principal reason why the website for Obamacare’s federally-sponsored insurance exchange is crashing. Healthcare.gov forces you to create an account and enter detailed personal information before you can start shopping. This, in turn, creates a massive traffic bottleneck, as the government verifies your information and decides whether or not you’re eligible for subsidies. HHS bureaucrats knew this would make the website run more slowly. But they were more afraid that letting people see the underlying cost of Obamacare’s insurance plans would scare people away.

HHS didn’t want users to see Obamacare’s true costs

“Healthcare.gov was initially going to include an option to browse before registering,” report Christopher Weaver and Louise Radnofsky in the Wall Street Journal. “But that tool was delayed, people familiar with the situation said.” Why was it delayed? “An HHS spokeswoman said the agency wanted to ensure that users were aware of their eligibility for subsidies that could help pay for coverage, before they started seeing the prices of policies.” (Emphasis added.)

As you know if you’ve been following this space, Obamacare’s bevy of mandates, regulations, taxes, and fees drives up the cost of the insurance plans that are offered under the law’s public exchanges. A Manhattan Institute analysis I helped conduct found that, on average, the cheapest plan offered in a given state, under Obamacare, will be 99 percent more expensive for men, and 62 percent more expensive for women, than the cheapest plan offered under the old system. And those disparities are even wider for healthy people.

That raises an obvious question. If 50 million people are uninsured today, mainly because insurance is too expensive, why is it better to make coverage even costlier?

That's what happens when they legislate sloppy plans.

I've always advocated for a universal health care for US citizens, and even suggested ideas on what had to be included to make it more cost efficient and affordable. Obama continues to prove that he's not sufficiently capable to provide the right kind of leadership for this country. However, I still believe he's a wee bit better than what we would have gotten from Romney.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 04:33 pm
@farmerman,
Cruz is beyond creepy when he's willing to let so many Americans suffer from his ignorance about how the freeze impacted real families. If he's intelligent, he's an idiot when it comes to humanity.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 05:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Local news is doing stories about people who support Cruz and are not criticizing him that I can see. The Chronical sort of criticized him yesterday, but, in today's follow-up, they emphasized that they still support him.

Much depend on the state and the political environment of that state. Texas is a red state although with the rise of Latinos it might in time turn purple. Even though your state might have been alarmingly disappointed in their senator, Ted Cruz, Companies, corporations are not likely to turn against him en masse. However, ordinary Texans might make their thoughts known when it's time to vote for the jackass again.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 06:05 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:

These [Tea Party] people are irrational and appear to be motived by malice and revenge.

Oh, I don't think that's true.
They just have a very simplistic view of reality.
A lot of their assumptions about how the world works are off-base.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 06:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

Cruz is beyond creepy when he's willing to let so many Americans suffer from his ignorance about how the freeze impacted real families. If he's intelligent, he's an idiot when it comes to humanity.

When Cruz said he would do ANYTHING to bring about the failure of ObamaCare, we see before us the traditional monomaniac. "Anything and everything"? Even burning down the building? I wonder if Ted Cruz would consider self-voluntary sacrifice, i.e., self immolation to prove his point?!
Moment-in-Time

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 06:15 pm
@Kolyo,
Quote:

They just have a very simplistic view of reality.

I could buy into that, however their actions tend to hurt a large number of Americans and somehow in their representative, Ted Cruz, I see a very vindictive petty-minded hateful individual.

Ted Cruz is the face of the obscene Tea Party!!! I make no apologies for my strong feelings against that group.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 06:16 pm
@Kolyo,
Quote:
A lot of their assumptions about how the world works are off-base
and they are just as sure that a lot of other folks are off their nuts, but that they understand how things work. to get to the bottom of the dispute facts/evidence/conversation are required.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 06:24 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
I wonder if Ted Cruz would consider self-voluntary sacrifice, i.e., self immolation to prove his point?!

That's so far from reality, it's not worth considering. The only thing he understands is defeat after defeat after defeat.....or a recall by voters in Houston. I'm sure many got 'hurt' by the shutdown, but they're all delusional about who they're trying to hurt; Obama. When we have ignoramuses voting for people like Cruz and continue to support him after they get hurt by his actions, there's nothing more that needs to be said.

TNCFS

Many in Houston: "I'm poor and barely living on subsistence from the government, and they cut me off because of meesta Cruz who I voted for. But, you know what? I'm going to continue supporting him, because he's a very intelligent man!"
Moment-in-Time

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 06:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
I wonder if Ted Cruz would consider self-voluntary sacrifice, i.e., self immolation to prove his point?!

Quote:

cicerone imposter wrote:

That's so far from reality, it's not worth considering.

Well, Ted Cruz did say he would do ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!! I'm merely holding him at his word!!!
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 06:34 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Wrong context; his ego will never allow it. Mr. Green

However, either way, he'll end up demasculating himself. Involuntary of coarse. I think the course he's taking is the fatest one! Laughing
Kolyo

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 06:37 pm
@hawkeye10,
I can think of a couple nutty things they subscribe to off-hand:

(1) They think market capitalism will provide a job for each of us sufficient to pay for his/her survival. (In reality it will certainly provide jobs for everyone, but some of those jobs will pay maybe a fourth of what someone needs for survival.)

(2) They think that if you provide for an idle man completely in terms of food and shelter, he will not do any work. (But anyone who subscribes to that belief has never been on the dole. Try getting a girl to date you when you're on the dole.)

Come to think of it, it's not just Republicans who believe those two things. But if you subscribe to those two beliefs, food stamps look like an obstacle to a well-functioning economy.

(And don't get me started on delusions related to science and religion. It's too depressing to think about those.)
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 06:41 pm
Quote:
Hours after Congress passed the measure, the Club for Growth and the Senate Conservatives Fund endorsed Chris McDaniel, the Tea Party Republican from Mississippi who is running for the seat occupied by Senator Thad Cochran.

"Chris McDaniel is a constitutional conservative who will fight to stop Obamacare, balance the budget, and get America working again, the Senate Conservatives Fund statement said.

ROFLMAO

TNCFS
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 06:49 pm
@Kolyo,
you say that like this is all too silly for words, but look at Wisconsin, Indiana and Texas were these theories are being applied and show me why they are false. You dont hear a peep out of Wisconsin anymore about Gov Walker now that they have a massive for them surplus and are giving the people tax rebates. Another $100 million a few days ago, which I think the D's overwhelmingly supported. People who live in tea party run states seem to be pretty happy with the product that they are getting....that is a big problem for your argument that the bosses are loonies.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 06:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

However, either way, he'll end up demasculating himself

Bingo! In the world of reality where opinions count among perceptible Americans, Ted Cruz is impotent, and personally I don't think he'll ever be able to perform at full strength again!
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 06:58 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
I don't think he'll ever be able to perform at full strength again!

Worth a good laugh.
Kolyo

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 07:03 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

you say that like this is all too silly for words, but look at Wisconsin, Indiana and Texas were these theories are being applied and show me why they are false

For starters, fallacy of composition.

What works for one state in isolation won't for all states in unison.

(1) A state doesn't cure poverty (or unemployment) by treating its poor (unemployed) like trash. It merely pushes the poverty (the unemployed) into the next state. Try to scale that to a policy that will work for all 50 states at once and the poor will have nowhere to go.

(2) A state doesn't create jobs when it lowers taxes to 0%. It merely lures business away from neighbouring states. Try to scale that to a policy that works for all 50, and you'll have nowhere to lure business away from.

I could probably contest what you've said on empirical grounds, too. (I have heard that so-called red states get more federal aid than anyone.) But I prefer abstraction to gritty evidence.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 07:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
I don't think he'll ever be able to perform at full strength again!

Quote:
Worth a good laugh.

Hey, you started it with your "emasculation" theme; I merely followed through.

Nite, CI. See ya tomorrow.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 07:40 pm
The recently ended Government shutdown cost the American taxpayers 23 billion dollars. Thank you mr. Cruz for pretending to worry about fiscal responsibility while blowing other people's money.

For those who don't know or don't care, every time the federal Governtment is threatened with a shutdown, millions of man hours are devoted to prepare for shutdown as well as preparations for returning to work. This costs a crapload of money and diverts attention from critical issues to frivolous bullshit, as in "how dare they shutdown federally funded and maintained memorials". Yeah, that sucks, so does not being able to make your mortgage payment or paying your kids college tuition.
0 Replies