I didn't believe the government would be shut down.

parados

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 11:00 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
to solve a problem one must first understand it

That is funny hawkeye.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 11:03 am
@parados,
classic even...
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 11:13 am
@Rockhead,
this rote if trying to make every thread about Hawkeye gets boring. maybe you could find a new game to combat your boredom.
parados

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 11:31 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

this rote if trying to make every thread about Hawkeye gets boring. maybe you could find a new game to combat your boredom.

I don't think you defined the problem very well hawkeye.

I guess this is a perfect example of why problem solving can be hard sometimes.
One comment that you deem personal does not make a thread about you.

Of course if we assume the thread is about you at this point then we need to define why it has become so. I think personal attacks are a likely cause for why issues are no longer be discussed. We could start by looking at this post:

hawkeye10 wrote:

you are a really stupid fella, the entire point of my post was that it appears that Obama mis judged his adversarys, then you make a post which is supposed to refute mine yet you never even touch on the point?? Really? you used to be better at argument.

McGentrix

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 11:32 am
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:
Days later the tea party holds the country at bay while millions attempt to get health care coverage.

Who?

Insurance Manager: ‘We Have Yet To Have Someone Successfully Register On The Marketplace’

Tenn. TV Station Can't Find Anyone Who Has Successfully Signed Up for Obamacare

Less than 1% of visitors are signing up for Obamacare on state health exchange websites

Zero Enroll in New LA Plan on Obamacare’s First Day
Rockhead

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 11:34 am
@McGentrix,
why in the hell would we enroll in it when you are doing every crazy thing in the book to make it go away?

here, take my money and run please...
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 11:44 am
@McGentrix,
Some of those stories are kind of silly McG.

People who create an account then get offered different plan options.
Because no one bought a plan the first day doesn't mean much of anything other than people are taking their time to actually LOOK at the plans before they decide. That would be a good thing.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 11:57 am
@parados,
pointing out that you are not following the conversation, that you seem to not be able to understand the conversation is not a personal attack, it is a statement of fact. if you want to point out personal attacks there are at least 50 members who do it more often than me, use them (or you) as an example.
parados

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 12:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
Calling someone a "stupid fella" is a personal attack. If you don't define it that way then you will never be able to solve the problem because you aren't being honest in your assessment.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 12:50 pm
@BigEgo,
BigEgo wrote:

Republican assholes.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eziI4h3J0Eg&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

If Paul is too dense to realize what "all wired up" means...he sure as hell should not be suggesting that he knows what the smartest moves are for the interests of this country.

This conversation...under these circumstances...is an example of stupidity beyond measure!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 01:03 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Calling someone a "stupid fella" is a personal attack. If you don't define it that way then you will never be able to solve the problem because you aren't being honest in your assessment.

it is two words, how many people around here go on for hundreds of words rants of personal attack? you really must learn how to property prioritze and assign blame.
manored

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 01:52 pm
Pardon the ignorance of a foreigner, but to me it feels like there is indeed some blame to be placed on the system itself, if everyone agrees that the government shutting down is a bad idea yet an unrelated issue caused that to happen anyways.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 02:13 pm
@manored,
manored wrote:

Pardon the ignorance of a foreigner, but to me it feels like there is indeed some blame to be placed on the system itself, if everyone agrees that the government shutting down is a bad idea yet an unrelated issue caused that to happen anyways.

you mean like when guys at the NSA spy on their girlfriends and the NSA responds " it is just some rouges"?

or like when a computer tech can steal thousands of top secret files over month or years and Obama says " not. our. fault. he is a criminal!"?

failure to have prudent safeguards in place allowed things to go wrong easily, that is OUR fault.

not that we american care about the truth of what went wrong, we get our kicks out of making everything that goes wrong the fault of some indivuals not ourselves.

parados

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 02:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

parados wrote:

it is two words, how many people around here go on for hundreds of words rants of personal attack? you really must learn how to property prioritze and assign blame.

So you think the way to define a problem is to excuse yourself and blame others. That doesn't seem quite right to me.
0 Replies

manored

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 04:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

you mean like when guys at the NSA spy on their girlfriends and the NSA responds " it is just some rouges"?

or like when a computer tech can steal thousands of top secret files over month or years and Obama says " not. our. fault. he is a criminal!"?

failure to have prudent safeguards in place allowed things to go wrong easily, that is OUR fault.
Kind of going off a tangent, but yes.

hawkeye10 wrote:

not that we american care about the truth of what went wrong, we get our kicks out of making everything that goes wrong the fault of some indivuals not ourselves.
This is a pretty universal phenomenon, in fact. I suppose it gets easier when there are so few targets... either blame the republicans or the democrats, I guess.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 05:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
"Congress no longer declares war or makes budgets. So that's the end of the constitution as a working machine."
-- Gore Vidal

Ah, Gore, I miss him, reading him. Didn't know him myself but a friend did quite well, so she would be a raconteur about the raconteur.

I always connect him in memory with my husband's teacher, Harvey, who became a friend of mine too. Older guys who could go on about this and that quite well, that I learned from, one I didn't actually meet, nor did they.

Those two would probably have dismissed each other, though more elegantly than most of us posters, with succinct points.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 05:24 pm
@ossobuco,
My favorite of his works is Burr.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 05:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
Mine too.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 05:27 pm
@McGentrix,

Key word Mcg. Key word...
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 08:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
You really get off using "teabagger" don't you edgar?