I didn't believe the government would be shut down.

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 10:52 am
@realjohnboy,
in otherwords you think this multi year dance around the conflict will continue. thing is the capitalists need some certainty, and the longer we go not deciding the weaker this nation gets. the boomers, who have lived almost entire lives with refusing to make any tough choices (instead demanding to have everything they want, or at least have their politicians tell them they can) are completely unprepared to do what is required.

behind this political problem is a social problem, at root we the people are the problem.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 12:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
I will add that I am currently of the opinion that nothing gets fixed till the bankers turn off the credit cards.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 07:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
It hasn't been shut down. I'm flying out of San Diego on Thursday and the security lines will be there and traffic control will be in place. SS recipients will be getting their checks, as will members of the military. Most Americans who don't pay attention to the news won't even realize this has happened.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 07:32 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Oh, that makes it all right, then.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 07:45 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
'Course, if you was a soldier serving in a war zone, it's kind of a kick in the ass to be told payday has been canceled.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 07:56 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn - you've been in San Diego? I'd much rather you tell me about it than any of the rest of this stuff. I'm not kidding.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 08:05 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

'Course, if you was a soldier serving in a war zone, it's kind of a kick in the ass to be told payday has been canceled.

I see Obama bent on this, after searching the news.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 09:11 pm
German DW is reporting that apparently Obama was sure that the R's would fold so he did not begin serious closing planning till 48 hours prior. Has anyone seen any solid reporting on that???

the number 1 cause of war is miscalculation, this woukd be a very baaaaaaad sign.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 10:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
What we need is a president who starts two unfunded wars, passes an unfunded drug program, and lowers taxes some more on the very rich. We might even get the great depression Obama saved us from. Elect another republican president.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 10:57 pm
@RABEL222,
I dont like R's any better than I like D's...
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 11:04 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

What we need is a president who starts two unfunded wars, passes an unfunded drug program, and lowers taxes some more on the very rich. We might even get the great depression Obama saved us from. Elect another republican president.

Please assure me this is tongue in cheek, otherwise I may have to move.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 11:11 pm
@glitterbag,
One has to point these things out to Hawk. Yes, tongue in cheek.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 12:46 am
remember for the last year when all those A2K'ers we proclaiming the Tea Party dead? wrong again. they may or may not be wrong and they may or may not be destined to die soon but for the moment the Tea Party R's are deciding what gets done and does not get done in Washington.

from what I have seen over the last almost 6 years betting against the conventional wisdom of A2K is a sure fired way to make money.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 02:13 am
@realjohnboy,
what is short lived? I say oct 27. that oct 17 date was before the 40% shutdown so I am thinking that the new default date is very near the end of the month. If Washington does not meet the oct 27 there will be hell to pay, but otherwise this squabbling will not hurt the economy much.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 02:16 am
@hawkeye10,
btw way I am looking forward to my next rounds of "i told you so's" to the sanctimonious a2k crowd who almost never misses an opportunity to be wrong. i hope that I am not disappointed.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 02:24 am
@hawkeye10,
Well I for one can't wait, will your announcement come about the same time scientists inform us that the moon really is made of blue cheese?
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 03:09 am
@glitterbag,
are you really THAT stupid? My current prediction is that I will make the announcement on oct 27. please, please try to follow basic English!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 05:12 am
I never pronounced the teabaggers movement dead. I live in the heart of a teabagging state and see no letup in the bigotry and callousness.
0 Replies

BigEgo

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 06:46 am
Isn't what the GOPaggers are doing called repressing the masses to bolster their own power base at the cost of an entire countries economy? Isn't that tyranny? Shouldn't that be treason? Why else would they collectively (and a minority) be so vehemently against all of President Obama's programming, some of which was theirs in the first place?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 07:08 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

German DW is reporting that apparently Obama was sure that the R's would fold so he did not begin serious closing planning till 48 hours prior. Has anyone seen any solid reporting on that???

the number 1 cause of war is miscalculation, this woukd be a very baaaaaaad sign.

Let's assume it's true. If there wasn't a shutdown and he had spent money preparing you would be whining about the money he wasted preparing for the shutdown.

In the real world you can't prepare for every stupid thing that stupid people will actually do. It just goes to prove how stupid the Tea Party really is.