I didn't believe the government would be shut down.

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 02:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
in Obama Doctrine this goes under the heading "leading from behind", which is doublespeak for refusing to lead.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 07:25 pm
Well that didn't take long. Fox is defending the religious nut who ranted in the House of Representatives last night. Thanks Fox, you never cease to impress me.

Fox News Thinks House Stenographer’s Religious Rant Was ‘A Warning And A Message From God’

Quote:
Last night, as the vote in the House of Representatives was concluding, the House stenographer was forcibly removed from the chamber. It was a chilling scene, especially after learning what she was actually ranting.

Dianne Reidy, who has been identified as a “longtime House stenographer,” ranted and raved that God “will not be mocked!” as the Congressmen cast their votes to end the shutdown, and security dragged her away.

“The greatest deception here is that this is not one nation under God. It never was. It would not have been. The Constitution would not have been written by Freemasons. They go against God. You cannot serve two masters. Praise be to God. Praise be to Jesus.”

Reidy, initial reports stated, is a beloved employee, and as we later learned, a very religious person. The New Civil Rights Movement, unlike many outlets, chose to not report on this incident because it appeared to be a case of stress and perhaps an emotional breakdown. Some events shouldn’t be subject to public scrutiny.

Not, however, according to the folks at Fox News.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 08:00 pm
@jcboy,
It's almost unbelievable that people can be so stupid, in such large numbers.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 08:11 pm
@jcboy,
I'm confused - is she saying the truth is a deception? The 'One Nation under God' line doesn't appear in the constitution - it's from the Pledge of Allegiance and that was written in 1892.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 08:17 pm
@hingehead,
I don't think she has any idea what she is actually saying,hinge. She's obviously not too tightly wrapped.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 10:18 pm
@jcboy,
144 democrats, not republicans.
jcboy

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 05:32 pm
@RABEL222,
Thanks! my goof Smile
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 10:08 pm
@hingehead,
The words "under God" were not added until 1954, during the Communist Witch Hunt by Joe McCarthy, a boozed up Senator from Wisconsin. He relentlessly sought to label Americans as Communist sympathizers, he relied on rumors that even he didn't believe, and ruined many lives. What's really rich, is that if that drunken imbecile was still alive, he'd be pursuing Ted Cruz. Texas didn't become a State until 1854, a loooong time after the 13 original colonies risked life and limb to gain independence. The Lone Star State didn't want to be part of Mexico and decided The United States was a better deal for them. It WAS good for them, despite their ingratitude, not so much for the first 13 who secured this nation before they decided to get in the game.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2013 02:20 pm
@glitterbag,
And let's not forget that one reason the Anglo settlers of Hispanic Texas wanted to be free of Mexican government oversight was that slavery had been outlawed in Mexico. The Texans had to pretend that their slaves were only indentured servants (such servitude was not yet illegal). So we had the Alamo, an indefensible position of no military value being defended by a bunch of clowns like the hard-drinking Davy Crockett and the slave-trading Jim Bowie and the birth of an abominable myth still being taught in US public schools. After operating as an independent republic from 1835 to 1854, Texas sought admission to the Union simply because they had discovered that independence was not economically feasible. It had nothing to do with identification with the original 13 colonies. As soon as the CSA was formed in 1860, Texas promptly and vociferously seceded from the USofA.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2013 02:23 pm
An interesting (to me) aside, Sam Houston's great grandson was being interviewed on TV last week. Amazing.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2013 02:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
What's he like? Remember that his great-grandfather was opposed to secession in 1860 and abstained from voting on the issue.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2013 03:45 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
They compared his face to that of Sam Houston's statue and made note that he is on hard times. Mind? He may or may not have one, but he acts like a nice man.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 09:28 am
Cruz to a Texas crowd last night: "The Senate won't make the same mistake, next time."
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 04:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
It's interesting that you spend so much time following someone you so obviously detest.

I know, I know..."Know they enemy."
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 04:45 pm
Cruz has had his 15 minutes of fame now let us all hope he finds the rattlesnake hole he crawled out of and go back in and take his fellow tea baggers with him!
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 04:49 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

Cruz has had his 15 minutes of fame now let us all hope he finds the rattlesnake hole he crawled out of and go back in and take his fellow tea baggers with him!

That is not going to happen...and to think it will (or even to hope it is possible that it will)...is doing something that ought not to be done: Underestimating an adversary.

Never do that!

In my opinion, the smartest way to go is to consider Ted Cruz to be a looming, immediate menace...with the ability and inclination to do great harm to the entire of the progressive agenda.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 04:51 pm
@jcboy,
And how would you react to:

"jcboy hasn't even had 15 minutes of fame but now let us hope he finds the rattlesnake hole he crawled out of and go back in and take his fellow degenerates with him!"

But it's different...right?
jcboy

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 06:07 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I’ve never responded to your asinine incoherent rants in the past what makes you think I’ll start now?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 02:41 pm
@jcboy,
Except you just did
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 02:52 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

And how would you react to:

"jcboy hasn't even had 15 minutes of fame but now let us hope he finds the rattlesnake hole he crawled out of and go back in and take his fellow degenerates with him!"

But it's different...right?

Well, the difference, of course, is that jcboy did not just crawl out of a rattler's nest. Cruz did.