Should I let a man fly to meet me?

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 11:46 pm
I met a man the day before I moved half way across the country. We spent maybe 5 minuets talking at the airport when we met. We have texted for 8 months. Now he wants to fly to my new state to visit. He knows no one else here and wants to stay for 4 days (in a hotel). I agreed. But now Im wondering, if a guy flys half way across the country to meet a girl what does it mean? Does it mean he genuinely likes me? Or would a guy fly half way across the country just for the possibility of "getting some"? Since I agreed to his coming is that something he expects now?

roger

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 11:56 pm
@buckeye21,
He might do that if he were really desparate. Otherwise, he might actually like you company based on five minutes and 8 months texting. Just spend your time in public places till you form your impression.

I have no idea what he expects.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 28 Sep, 2013 02:51 am
@buckeye21,
buckeye21 wrote:
I met a man the day before I moved half way across the country. We spent maybe 5 minuets talking at the airport when we met. We have texted for 8 months. Now he wants to fly to my new state to visit. He knows no one else here and wants to stay for 4 days (in a hotel). I agreed. But now Im wondering, if a guy flys half way across the country to meet a girl what does it mean? Does it mean he genuinely likes me? Or would a guy fly half way across the country just for the possibility of "getting some"? Since I agreed to his coming is that something he expects now?
"Trust No One."

U cannot yet judge the state of his mental health.
buckeye21

Reply Sat 28 Sep, 2013 05:01 am
@OmSigDAVID,
@OmSigDAVID

I acknowledge your point. However, how is it any different from meeting a man I met at say the grocery store here for dinner? I dont know his mental health.

Granted, that may not be safe either. However, if I didnt go Id never meet anyone. I have to take some chances. Plus, my friends are only a call away if I need help.

jespah

Reply Sat 28 Sep, 2013 07:51 am
@buckeye21,
A guy at the grocery store doesn't have to spend a few hundred bucks in order to see you - and will likely not be expecting anything in return for that kind of expenditure.

Tread cautiously and stick to public places. There is a very real possibility that the guy will want to make his investment worthwhile. Interpret that however you wish.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 28 Sep, 2013 11:01 am
@buckeye21,
buckeye21 wrote:

@OmSigDAVID

I acknowledge your point. However, how is it any different from meeting a man I met at say the grocery store here for dinner? I dont know his mental health.

Granted, that may not be safe either. However, if I didnt go Id never meet anyone. I have to take some chances. Plus, my friends are only a call away if I need help.

Permit me to join in the consensus
that u remain in public places. Don t risk more than u r willing to lose.

David
0 Replies