Why would any american girl love an Israeli guy like me if Israel is a bad country ?

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 01:47 pm
Israel is bad and inhumane and most americans , litterally 90% of them dislike Israel . So why would any american girl date\marry me if i'm israeli ?

I'm a 24 yrs old israeli moving to Florida to study.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 4,563 • Replies: 51

jespah

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 01:55 pm
@TomBecker89,
Because all 120 million or so American women are exactly identical in every single way.

Seen one of us, ya seen 'em all.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 01:58 pm
@TomBecker89,
If you're a decent enough guy you should be OK. One of the finest human rights organisations in the world, B'Tselem, is Israeli.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 02:00 pm
@jespah,
I don't know--i don't think too many of them look like a Boston Terrier and wear a pink bunny suit.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 02:02 pm
@TomBecker89,
Where in the world are you getting such an idea? You have a distorted view about Israel's reputation in USA. Hopefully when you come to the US you will get straightened out.

On the matter of dating and having an American g/f, you're being premature and distorted there, too. If you don't even have an American g/f yet, how do you know there'll be such an issue in the future? Who says that you would want to marry an American girl anyhow? Why not just learn about other cultures a bit more? You need some more worldly exposure.

Get settled in US first...and learn more about this and other cultures. You'll find that you've been misled somewhere along the way. There are some very diverse bunch of cultures here.
Setanta

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 02:21 pm
@Ragman,
Except for the girls . . . they're all the same . . . just ask Jespah . . . well, there is the matter of the pink bunny suit . . .
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 02:38 pm
The pink bunny suit is only for those of us who merit it.

But the BT part, well, yanno, on the Internet, no one knows you're a dog.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 02:57 pm
@TomBecker89,
TomBecker89 wrote:

Israel is bad and inhumane ... So why would any american girl date\marry me if i'm israeli ?

Hopefully, you will seek to date a woman of intelligence. It's quite likely that such a person will realize, even if she feels Israeli has done some unfortunate things in recent years, that the driving force behind those human rights abuses was not that "Israelis are just plain evil", but rather that Israelis are in the sort of tough spot in terms of their national defence that might push any people towards a less than perfect human rights record.

Quote:
litterally 90% of them dislike Israel

I don't know where you got that stat, but I do know it's wrong.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 05:04 pm
'Course this guy's likely to be a sock puppet, and may never have even seen Israel, let alone be from it.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 06:16 pm
@TomBecker89,
TomBecker89 wrote:

[M]ost americans , litterally 90% of them dislike Israel .

Prove it! Show us the study that makes this claim.

Quote:
According to a Gallup survey released Friday, 64% of Americans sympathize with Israelis, versus 12% who sympathize with the Palestinians and 23% who said they did not support either.

Quote:
In the group of people between the ages of 18 and 34, sympathy rates are 55%, rising to 65% among Americans between the ages of 35 and 54, and as for those 55 and older support for Israel stands at 71%. Support rates for the Palestinians were at 12% for all age groups.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4356990,00.html

Here's the actual poll taken in March of this year:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/161387/americans-sympathies-israel-match-time-high.aspx

As for your melodramatic drenched question, many Americans can separate their feelings on an individual from their feelings towards the country of origin where that individual hails from.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 06:46 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'm only surprised about your assumptions about Israelis. That's not true by a long shot. Love isn't based on race or ethnicity. That's the reason why interra cial marriages are common in this world.
The majority of Americans support Israel. Those who oppose Israelis are based on ythe expansion of settlements in the West Bank.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 07:21 pm
@tsarstepan,
Well geeze, guy! He did say litterally, ya know. That should be a clue, don'tcha think?
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2013 07:50 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Well geeze, guy! He did say litterally, ya know. That should be a clue, don'tcha think?

Touche! Very Happy
0 Replies

susierusso

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 12:45 pm
@TomBecker89,
who cares what your nationality is. they should make the decision to date/marry based on who you are as a person and your beliefs and intersts. either way, maybe this way you wont have to waste your time with people who make quick judgements and dont get to know a person first
0 Replies

walterjenny86

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 07:24 am
@TomBecker89,
I don't agree!
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2013 07:57 am
Personally I like the Israelis for their military toughness, although they seem to have gone a bit soft in recent years.
For example when Saddam fired Scuds at them they did nothing to punish him.
And now Iran is building nuclear sites they're doing nothing to stop them.
My guess is that Obama is telling Israel to stay cool, and Israel is obeying him like a cocker spaniel on his lead..Wink
contrex

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2013 12:26 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
My guess is that Obama is telling Israel to stay cool, and Israel is obeying him like a cocker spaniel on his lead..Wink

Well, if that's true, then it's about time. For too long it has seemed that the USA was Israel's bitch.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2013 01:30 pm
Israel has got masses of nuclear weapons and I daresay one is targetted on every muslim city in the mideast, all they need is a reason to press the button, and that won't be until the muslim world gets its hands on suitcase-nukes and starts wiping out Israeli cities
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2013 01:36 pm
Romeo, were you born an idiot, or is it something you have grown into?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2013 01:50 pm
The Israelis can certainly talk the talk..Wink
Israeli military strategist Martin van Creveld said as long ago as 2003-
"We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome.
Most European capitals are targets for our air force.
Let me quote General Moshe Dayan: 'Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother.'
I consider it all hopeless at this point. We shall have to try to prevent things from coming to that, if at all possible.
Our armed forces, however, are not the thirtieth strongest in the world, but rather the second or third.
We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen before Israel goes under"