Why would any american girl love an Israeli guy like me if Israel is a bad country ?

contrex

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2013 01:57 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Our armed forces, however, are not the thirtieth strongest in the world, but rather the second or third.

Bollocks. Britain's or France's armed forces are stronger. Either could subject Israel to a destructive atomic attack from submerged submarines thousands of miles away.

We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen before Israel goes under"[/i]

If they are blackmailing a big part of the world, they deserve an invasion to bring about regime change, and a new state, a Greater Israel-Palestine, with no established religion and proper democracy.

[/quote]
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2013 07:09 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Given that, one has to wonder what all the propagandist bullshit from the US about Iran is then?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2013 07:14 pm
@JTT,
Iran claims its reactors are for peaceful use but of course they could be lying through their teeth.
They've got several reactors in different parts of the country buried deep underground, and the small Israeli Air Force doesn't have the clout to knock them all out with non-nuclear bombs or perhaps they'd have done it before now, like they knocked out Saddams single Osirak reactor in 1981.
JTT

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2013 07:37 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Iran claims its reactors are for peaceful use but of course they could be lying through their teeth.

As opposed to the honest and always completely forthright Israel and the US of A.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 05:13 am
America is bristling with nuke weapons and makes no secret of it, but the big question is whether Iran intends to use its own reactors to make nukes for handing out around the muslim world.
For example one terrorist coming ashore from a submarine could wipe out Manhattan with a suitcase-nuke.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 06:27 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Put your prejudices to one side for a moment. Iran has never attacked another nation, when Saddam Hussein used chemical weapons against Iran they did not respond in kind. It would be suicide for Iran to attempt a nuclear attack on an American city, and whatever you think of the Iranians, they're not suicidal.

The greatest threat is nuclear material from the former Soviet Union or North Korea falling into terrorist's hands.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 06:40 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Uh-huh . . . what submarine would that be delivering your chimerical terrorist, and how do you propose that it would approach the coast of the United States undetected? Or, for that matter, the coast of any nation with a competent navy, such the UK, or France, or Germany . . . etc., etc., etc.

You're just indulging hysterics, and i suspect it's because you're a nasty religious bigot and you irrationally hate all Muslims.
contrex

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 06:56 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
You're just indulging hysterics, and i suspect it's because you're a nasty religious bigot and you irrationally hate all Muslims.

His profile:

Quote:
Age 60+, I've got a normal healthy interest in philosophy, metaphysics, ancient scripture etc.
Live in Plymouth, England, retired physicist

but...

Quote:
I was glad to leave school and get out into the big wide world with just a couple of minor exam passes, and the thought of paying to go onto college never entered my head.
And I can honestly say that my lack of diplomas never held me back in the slightest and I could talk my way into most jobs by simply being great at interviews.

JTT

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 08:00 am
@contrex,
Quote:
And I can honestly say that my lack of diplomas never held me back in the slightest

As opposed to you, C. It seems that your degree actually did hold you back considering some of the wanky ideas you have advanced on language.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 08:21 am
Izzythepush wrote:
Quote:
whatever you think of the Iranians, they're not suicidal.
The greatest threat is nuclear material from the former Soviet Union or North Korea falling into terrorist's hands

Ex-pres Ahmadinejad said "Israel must be wiped off the map" and I daresay there are plenty of muslim extremists in Iran who feel the same way and would be glad to do suicide-nuke attacks against Israel and the West.
At the moment muslim Pakistan has nukes but the West is paying the regime bribes ("foreign aid") to keep them sweet and friendly so they don't hand out nukes to terror groups around the mid-east.
When a less-friendly regime takes over in Pakistan, things could get serious.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 08:30 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Ex-pres Ahmadinejad said "Israel must be wiped off the map"

Ex president. The current one has wished all Jews, especially Iranian Jews, a happy Rosh Hashanah.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 08:37 am
Setanta wrote:
Quote:
what submarine would that be delivering your chimerical terrorist, and how do you propose that it would approach the coast of the United States undetected? Or, for that matter, the coast of any nation with a competent navy, such the UK, or France, or Germany . . . etc., etc., etc.

Nazi U-boats landed saboteurs in America in WW2 so it's not a new idea. Iran has 2 big Kilo-class subs and a fleet of mini-subs.
As for the Muslims v Israel thing I've been saying for years that the United Nations should order Israel to hand back Palestine to the Palestinians.
I've also said America should stop sending cash and super-duper weaponry to Israel, no wonder muslims hate America for being Israel's friend.
What has Israel ever done for America anyway?
JTT

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 08:44 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Ex-pres Ahmadinejad said "Israel must be wiped off the map"

Quote:

Israeli Minister Agrees Ahmadinejad Never Said Israel ‘Must Be Wiped Off the Map’
By ROBERT MACKEY

In a reminder that Persian rhetoric is not always easy for English-speakers to interpret, a senior Israeli official has acknowledged that Iran’s president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, never actually said that Israel “must be wiped off the map.”

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/17/israeli-minister-agrees-ahmadinejad-never-said-israel-must-be-wiped-off-the-map/?_r=0

Quote:
Translation
The "wiped of the map" translation originated from the state-controlled Islamic Republic News Agency.[80] This translation's use in the media has been criticized.[81] Arash Norouzi, artist and co-founder of The Mossadegh Project, says the statement "wiped off the map" did not exist in the original speech and that Ahmadinejad directed his comment toward the "regime occupying Jerusalem". Norouzi's translation of the Persian quote reads; "the Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time."[82] Juan Cole, historian of the Middle East and South Asia, concurs; Ahmadinejad's statement should be translated as, "the Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e eshghalgar-e qods) must [vanish from] the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad)," noting that there is no Persian idiom to wipe something off the map.[83] Shiraz Dossa, a professor of Political Science at St. Francis Xavier University in Nova Scotia, Canada, also believes the text is a mistranslation.[84]

Ahmadinejad was quoting the Ayatollah Khomeini in the specific speech under discussion: what he said was that "the occupation regime over Jerusalem should vanish from the page of time." No state action is envisaged in this lament; it denotes a spiritual wish, whereas the erroneous translation – "wipe Israel off the map" – suggests a military threat. There is a huge chasm between the correct and the incorrect translations. The notion that Iran can "wipe out" U.S.-backed, nuclear-armed Israel is ludicrous.[85][86][87]

The Guardian columnist and foreign correspondent Jonathan Steele published an article based on this line of reasoning.[88]
In a 11 June 2006 analysis of the translation controversy, New York Times editor Ethan Bronner stated:
[T]ranslators in Tehran who work for the president's office and the foreign ministry disagree with them. All official translations of Mr. Ahmadinejad's statement, including a description of it on his website, refer to wiping Israel away. Sohrab Mahdavi, one of Iran’s most prominent translators, and Siamak Namazi, managing director of a Tehran consulting firm, who is bilingual, both say “wipe off” or “wipe away” is more accurate than "vanish" because the Persian verb is active and transitive.

Bronner continued: "..it is hard to argue that, from Israel's point of view, Mr. Ahmadinejad poses no threat. Still, it is true that he has never specifically threatened war against Israel. So did Iran's president call for Israel to be 'wiped off the map'? It certainly seems so. Did that amount to a call for war? That remains an open question."[89] This elicited a further response from Jonathan Steele, who noted that Bronner agreed that "map" or any other place noun had not been used and criticized this Wikipedia entry (as it was on 14 June 2006) for "claiming falsely" that Ethan Bronner had "concluded that Ahmadinejad had in fact said that Israel was to be wiped off the map".[90]

Iranian government sources denied that Ahmadinejad issued any sort of threat. On 20 February 2006, Iran's foreign minister Manouchehr Mottaki told a news conference: "How is it possible to remove a country from the map? He is talking about the regime. We do not recognize this regime legally."[91][92][93] Ahmadinejad himself stated that Iran is not a threat to any country, including Israel.[94] At a gathering of foreign guests marking the 19th anniversary of the death of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini in 2008, Ahmadinejad said:
"You should know that the criminal and terrorist Zionist regime which has 60 years of plundering, aggression and crimes in its file has reached the end of its work and will soon disappear off the geographical scene."[95]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_Ahmadinejad_and_Israel
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 08:44 am
Like I said about college and stuff- "my lack of diplomas never held me back in the slightest and I could talk my way into most jobs by simply being great at interviews"

Yes, at one time I was a science lab worker, nothing too skilled, anybody could have done the job with simple commonsense..
PS- I once applied for a hotel porter's job but was so fabulous at the interview that they offered me the position of hotel manager!
They asked me stuff like "Can you cook? Can you handle reception? Can you tend bar? etc" and I just kept answering "Yeah no problem, i can soon pick it all up" and they said "We like your confident attitude, can you start Monday?"

izzythepush

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 08:45 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Nazi U-boats landed saboteurs in America in WW2 so it's not a new idea.

And since then radar/sonar technology has obviously been at a standstill.
JTT

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 08:47 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
What has Israel ever done for America anyway?

Voted with the US in support of the many US actions to further harm, [beyond bombing, WMDs, terrorizing, ...] the poor of the planet.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 08:50 am
@izzythepush,
Sure, sonar technology has advanced, but so has sub stealth technology..Wink
A small terrorist sub could sneak up to say 10 miles of the US coast and launch a suicide-bomber at night in a small fast inflatable motorboat to make his way to shore with a suitcase nuke.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 08:54 am
@JTT,
Israel is one of a handful of nations that have voted against UN resolutions critical of the embargo on Cuba. The rest are, Albania, Paraguay, Uzbekistan, The Marshall Islands and Palau. Israel and the US are the only countries that have voted against every resolution since 1992.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_embargo_against_Cuba
izzythepush

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 08:56 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
And Iran has access to all the latest technology because it's not been subject to any arms embargoes or anything.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 08:59 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
PS- I once applied for a hotel porter's job but was so fabulous at the interview that they offered me the position of hotel manager!
They asked me stuff like "Can you cook? Can you handle reception? Can you tend bar? etc" and I just kept answering "Yeah no problem, i can soon pick it all up" and they said "We like your confident attitude, can you start Monday?"

And how many Michelin stars did this particular hotel have?
0 Replies