Why would any american girl love an Israeli guy like me if Israel is a bad country ?

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 09:05 am
@JTT,
The new Iranian president is trying to play down Ahmadinejad's anti-Israel statements, but the fact remains that A has consistently said things over the years such as-
"this [Israeli] regime is on its way to annihilation...any freedom lover and justice seeker in the world must do its best for the annihilation of the Zionist regime...the nations of the region will soon finish off the usurper Zionists in the Palestinian land....Israel has no place in the region"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_Ahmadinejad_and_Israel

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 09:12 am
Izzythepush wrote:
Quote:
And how many Michelin stars did this particular hotel have?

Dunno mate, it was The Park Hotel, London Rd, Leicester (England) in 2001 but I turned down the job because they wanted me to move into the place as "live-in manager" on call 24/7 and I didn't fancy that.
Anyway I was getting fed up of Leicester and was planning to move to Plymouth in a few months anyway.
contrex

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 09:43 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
I was getting fed up of Leicester

I don't blame you. My dad moved from Castle Donington to London and said it was the best thing he ever did.

izzythepush

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 10:54 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
And it's also a fact that he's no longer president.
contrex

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 11:41 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

And it's also a fact that he's no longer president.

The former leaders of many countries have said a number of things. Mrs Thatcher, Hitler, General Franco, etc, but we don't hold it against their successors or use it in debate.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 12:15 pm
@contrex,
London would be great without any traffic, i'll have to wait til a plague or something has killed off 99% of the world's population, then i'll move down there and live in the Ritz..Smile
JTT

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 12:33 pm
@izzythepush,
How come you get a zero for telling the truth, Izzy? Will I get a zero if I repeat it?

Israel is one of a handful of nations that have voted against UN resolutions critical of the embargo on Cuba. The rest are, Albania, Paraguay, Uzbekistan, The Marshall Islands and Palau. Israel and the US are the only countries that have voted against every resolution since 1992.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_embargo_against_Cuba
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 12:47 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Western propaganda, Romeo. You should realize this by now even without a degree.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 12:58 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
London would be great without any traffic,

He lives in a bungalow in a leafy part of the London Borough Of Croydon. It's pretty quiet, but when you go into Croydon, let alone London itself, it's diabolical.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 01:09 pm
@contrex,
I wouldn't mind a few leaves; I live in an ancient cobbled street with no trees in sight, but at least it's bollarded off to traffic and is dead quiet. There are supposed to be at least 4 ghosts in buildings up and down the street but i've lived here 9 years and haven't seen hide nor hair of one-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ExIS/myflatplace.jpg
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 01:42 pm
That's a lovely spot. Me and Madame C are West of England people although not by birth. (She: Lancs, me: Croydon) We have a house in Bristol although my job pays for us to live in Spain for the next few years at least. We'll probably sell up and retire here (Girona) as it's much cheaper to live. My wife's best friend* (no really) moved to Liskeard and now works at Derriford Hospital.

* I have often shaken hands with her...
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2013 06:14 am
@contrex,
I've often toyed with the idea of moving to Spain permanently to escape the marrow-chilling sea fogs that roll up my Plymouth street (New St) but have probably left it too late (I'm 65); a modest place well away from a big city or town overlooking the Med would do me fine..Smile
0 Replies